Best LED-torch, using AAA or AA under SGD$100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the L2T has warranty?

You sell the spare parts right?

At the same time, i saw on HWZ that you have a mini LED 1 w torch? I need an ultracompact, 1 AAA and this 2AA.

Does the L2T has warranty?

You sell the spare parts right?

At the same time, i saw on HWZ that you have a mini LED 1 w torch? I need an ultracompact, 1 AAA and this 2AA.

Yes all fenix lights cover under the same factory life-time warranty against manufacturing defect. any problem with the flashlight u just come back to me, locally.

Spare parts yes.

1AAA 1Watt LED flashlight -
as an "ultracompact" back-up, yes.
for brightness, it's abit tough for them to match conventional 1Watt LED light, limited by 1AAA batt capacity & smallish reflector size.
for run-time it will be much shorter than those powered by AA.

if you don't mind "china" products, there is one small shop in Sim Lim Tower, basement 1. selling lots of LEDs touches and "spy" cam... you can get a good price and try out till you happy.
i've got 1 for myself, 15 LEDs using 3xAAA batt @around $14.

if you don't mind "china" products, there is one small shop in Sim Lim Tower, basement 1. selling lots of LEDs touches and "spy" cam... you can get a good price and try out till you happy.
i've got 1 for myself, 15 LEDs using 3xAAA batt @around $14.
those 15-leds in one torch are not as strong compared to the single LED modules IMO...those are only good for night reading...

As referred to in one of the earlier posts. You may also want to consider headlamps.

I've used those by Petzl and they are really compact and light. I've used them in the military and also at home for reading. I use it when I go for photo shoots too (in dark areas). This way, both my hands are free to work on any task at hand. :thumbsup:

Produit_Image_463.jpg

Tikka Plus
  • 4 LEDs produces a long-lasting and even, white light.
  • 3 lighting levels (maximum, optimum, economic) and strobe mode, to adapt the light to the activity and at and light duration needs.
  • Produces diffuse, proximity lighting.
  • Light beam can be easily aimed where desired.
  • Adjustable and comfortable elastic headband.
  • Water resistant for all-weather use.
Produit_Image_256.jpg

Tikka
  • 3 LED array produces long-lasting, white and even light.
  • Light beam can be easily aimed where desired.
  • Adjustable and comfortable elastic headband.
Produit_Image_464.jpg

Zipka Plus
  • Can be attached almost anywhere: on the head, on the wrist, on backpack shoulder strap, etc.
  • Very compact.
  • 4 LEDs produces a long-lasting and even, white light.
  • 3 lighting levels (maximum, optimum, economic) and strobe mode, to adapt the light to the activity and at and light duration needs.
For more info or on other models, check here:
http://en.petzl.com/petzl/LampesGammes?Gamme=48

those 15-leds in one torch are not as strong compared to the single LED modules IMO...those are only good for night reading...

A good friend of mine both one of those 15-led torch. It was slightly brighter than my tikka headlamp, but after about 1 hour of use, there was a significant drain in his set of batteries and the 15-led torch became much dimmer.

The Petzl headlamps really give good battery yield. On a set of 3 AAA batteries, I felt that it almost lasted forever! :bsmilie:

As referred to in one of the earlier posts. You may also want to consider headlamps.

I've used those by Petzl and they are really compact and light. I've used them in the military and also at home for reading. I use it when I go for photo shoots too (in dark areas). This way, both my hands are free to work on any task at hand. :thumbsup:

Why'd you need a headlamp for reading at home? Always got power blackout at your place? :bsmilie:

well for brightness depends on personal preferences....
for the price... <$15 (15LEDs) .. is a veri good bargain.
there is a 7Watt LED. cost $65, if don't remember wrongly.

Thanks CatEye, good buy... I've just about blinded myself playing with my L2T just now :light: :bigeyes: :confused:

Please note that conducting of sales anywhere outside the B&S section is not allowed on CS. For that matter sales of non-photography related items is also not allowed anywhere in CS.

Thanks!

- Roy

Please note that conducting of sales anywhere outside the B&S section is not allowed on CS. For that matter sales of non-photography related items is also not allowed anywhere in CS.

Thanks!

- Roy

Sorry, this was not originally intended as a sales thread (nor do I think it has become one...) :dunno:

I was initially asking for recommendatinos on torches only and along the way, someone recommended a local distro for the torch I was looking for, but all communication with the seller was via mobile phone and email (only the initial few PMs).

But thanks for highlighting the T&C again, boss! :)

LiteFlux LF1.....u can order from the Liteflux website US$39.95 + US$10 shipping.
Comes with 2xAA extender tube. 2 light for the price of one.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/liteflux_lf1.htm
lf1_5.jpg

lf1_2.jpg

Think this is very similar to the Fenix lights, specs almost exactly the same.. oh well, I'm happy with my Fenix L2T, plenty bright for me :)

Think this is very similar to the Fenix lights, specs almost exactly the same.. oh well, I'm happy with my Fenix L2T, plenty bright for me :)

jus got my E0 from him..

thanks..

go for surefire.
Sure fire one.. (pun intended)

Nah, the L2T is good enough for me. Not a hardcore torch enthusiast to wanna spend that kind of money :)

If juz need a bright LED torch w/o brand (meaning likely fr China). Search the keyword "Luxeon" in eBay and will return hundreds of entries. Got my 1W Luxeon for US1cent but shipping charges add to about S$20.

Getting another 2pcs for a combined shipping of $20 in my latest bid. Can juz fix these no-frills models onto bikes. Stolen also not so heart-ache.

:D

If juz need a bright LED torch w/o brand (meaning likely fr China). Search the keyword "Luxeon" in eBay and will return hundreds of entries. Got my 1W Luxeon for US1cent but shipping charges add to about S$20.

Getting another 2pcs for a combined shipping of $20 in my latest bid. Can juz fix these no-frills models onto bikes. Stolen also not so heart-ache.

:D

Actually, Fenix is also made in China, but the quality is good. Not planning to mount it to a bike either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.