Been using Nikon and Canon for so long....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olympus allows so much customizations that it can be overwhelming for a new user. but once you get the hang of it, you'll actually appreciate how much more options were given to you whereas the same adjustments are not available or restricted on other brands (mostly on the entry/mid level bodies)

for me the Super Control Panel (on the OK button) is quite easy to use and has mostly what I often adjust

i agree,when I first went into digital,Olympus super control was so intuitive,within a short period of time,I can change easily,Canon has to go through compicated menu,after using for a while,of course it's natural,but for first timer,it is a pain in the butt

Hi, juz wanna check how do u managed to get use to the interface? It is juz so different. I've using canons for so long, even tried Nikon, but went back to Canon...it's so natural to me.

I handled some oly in the store...the LCD on 620/420 look so cluttered....Juz my thoughts concerning ergonomics.

I m sure pix are nice !
I am using E-3 the control is very well placed and I dun even need to refer to instructions manual. The same goes to my wife' s E-520.

I just bought a very old series of Oly DSLR e300 but I cannot seem to get the color like yours :( any tips? I am still very new to Oly.

damn i wanted to get the e-3. oly is a great brand. great photos too. i love the e-3 for its ruggedness. damn..shld haf gotten it. singaporeans only noe 2 brands...nikon n canon....lol.sad.

damn i wanted to get the e-3. oly is a great brand. great photos too. i love the e-3 for its ruggedness. damn..shld haf gotten it. singaporeans only noe 2 brands...nikon n canon....lol.sad.

Today, I went to buy flash for my Olympus system. Overheard a few customers saying tat Olympus is a lousy brand and Nikon/Canon is the best. :think:
I feel this is a very strange comments! :(
Yes, E-3 is damn rugged camera...I been using it to shoot in light rain.. :)

E3_2P_AD_3rd_080807.jpg

Last edited:
how much is the e-3? the zuiko lens...are they cheaper or more ex than the canon line-up? man...i'm so tempted to switch systems. i need a rugged system man. if only got shock-proof camera. haha!

Never had doubt in olympus...only lens range...

how much is the e-3? the zuiko lens...are they cheaper or more ex than the canon line-up? man...i'm so tempted to switch systems. i need a rugged system man. if only got shock-proof camera. haha!

Olympus E-3 body should cost you less than 1.6K. I would recommend you to get ZD 15 - 54mm f2.8 - 3.5 lens should cost you around 800 new.
Consider the price of 1.6K, its already very very cheap and value for money for such a professional grade body! :)

OlympusE3.jpg

e3_chassis.jpg

Last edited:

I have a great saying I teach my students...

"Mountain tortises' skies are always round, framed by black.
Some humans only do better... they get zoom.
And still they get vignette."

Go figure. :dunno:

chim...:sweat:

In short, how good a pic look is totally dependent on the photographer to express his creativity and ability to "see" light:) Have fun and take more pic:)

LOL good quote!

you didnt sign off with your name and the year it was quoted! ahaha:bsmilie:

Yes, mostly ppl dun even bother to use Olympus, Pentax and etc...in their mind, Nikon and Canon is the bestest!

went to oly booth at comex today and saw a sizeable crowd eager to try out the E-P1. that made me smile :)

went to oly booth at comex today and saw a sizeable crowd eager to try out the E-P1. that made me smile :)

Think Olympus is doing the right thing by launching the E-P1 tat create more public awareness of this brand!

You bought Olympus shares?

;p

LOL good quote!

you didnt sign off with your name and the year it was quoted! ahaha:bsmilie:

I think it was 2006. LOL!

Yes, mostly ppl dun even bother to use Olympus, Pentax and etc...in their mind, Nikon and Canon is the bestest!

That shows how much Canon Nikon has made suckers of their consumers... guess who paid for the "successful marketing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.