Batt Grip for D300

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelomoh

Mar 17, 2009
What battery grip to get for D300?

I asked a few shops, the Nikon grips are all out of stock.

Is it ok to go for 3rd party Nikon grips? Will I get all the features? I know there is a Taiwan brand and a Hong Kong brand out there.

Is it ok to go for 3rd party Nikon grips? Will I get all the features? I know there is a Taiwan brand and a Hong Kong brand out there.

Its been out of stock for a long time..
Will be out of stock for awhile, i guess. Not very sure why though. Can try neighbouring countries. They might have. =)

shelomoh,

if u are referring to the MB-D10 (for D300/D700)
i jus got mine in Funan 2 days ago at this shop call Bally Photo Electronics Pte Ltd #02-03b, #05-16.

hope this info helps.

shelomoh,

if u are referring to the MB-D10 (for D300/D700)
i jus got mine in Funan 2 days ago at this shop call Bally Photo Electronics Pte Ltd #02-03b, #05-16.

hope this info helps.

Not bally. Definately not bally.

hi

y not bally? care to share?

cheers
Shaz

i got mine at lords lucky plaza last week. Seems that they have stock.

u might like to try there.

rdgs

cathay has it. S$360.

hi

y not bally? care to share?

cheers
Shaz

Bally has quite a few threads detailing about their bad services.
Do a search around. I read one or two incidents before. =)

Regards

Bally has quite a few threads detailing about their bad services.
Do a search around. I read one or two incidents before. =)

Regards

i think its not fair to condemn.

if you walk in, ask for price, and the price is good for a local warranty set, why not.

if they give you an unbearable attitude, then walk out. I never gotten anything before from them, but i ALWAYS go there and ask for prices. i think they are sick of my face, but they never gave me an attitude. i have seen many shops that are "highly advertised" in this forum, refusing to serve me decently cos i was in singlet and shorts. and i was already intending to get a D300.

to TS: there will alwyas be stock around. you have not searched around long enough. i got mine from lucky plaza in the past. at an OK price.

Last edited:
i think its not fair to condemn.

if you walk in, ask for price, and the price is good for a local warranty set, why not.

if they give you an unbearable attitude, then walk out. I never gotten anything before from them, but i ALWAYS go there and ask for prices. i think they are sick of my face, but they never gave me an attitude. i have seen many shops that are "highly advertised" in this forum, refusing to serve me decently cos i was in singlet and shorts. and i was already intending to get a D300.

to TS: there will alwyas be stock around. you have not searched around long enough. i got mine from lucky plaza in the past. at an OK price.

Yup yup... my fault to jump the gun.
Perhaps its my mentality, i never got around to those shops that have bad reviews. Thus far, all my experiences with the popular shops are decent (not fantastic).

Regards

Yup yup... my fault to jump the gun.
Perhaps its my mentality, i never got around to those shops that have bad reviews. Thus far, all my experiences with the popular shops are decent (not fantastic).

Regards

i am guilty of that sometimes. thinking negative of shops i only read about.

i give everybody a chance. as long as they offer me the most competitive prices, and they they do NOT give me crap attitude cos i am wearing berms and singlet and slippers, i am cool with them.

frankly, i cant understand why some of the "reputable" shops here are soo often patronised. i walk in with my fav attire, they show me attitude.. i walk in the next day in office wear, the exact same person treats me like a king....

ok enuff of ranting.

to TS: walk around and ask for the prices more. dun hafta worry, asking is free. most importantly you know that you are getting something thats worth it. and definitely there are shops with the grips available still. i saw some yesterday.

and with regard to third party grips, i wun advice against them. anything happens to your 2+ k body (assuming its D300) cos of the third party grip, there goes your money. and when you feel the original vs the third party ones, i think you will go for the original one.. the MB-D10 is one of the finest grips made by Nikon IMO. its just me anyway.

Well let's not talk about shops here. I did check out the above mentioned shop and was quoted a price which I know is very high. So I didn't pursue.

I just want to know about 3rd party grips.

Can luntut explain more about the concern on using 3rd party grips?

My only gripe (pun intended) is only the electronics. Not sure if the quality of the 3rd party is well made and will I enjoy the fps benefits like the Nikon grip.

Hi

am using the 3rd party phottix battery grip with D300. No problems so far. Haven got the chance to use En-EL4 battery on it yet. Also not yet tested 8fps ...

why i bought grip is to help me compose better while doing portraits. So far phottix is serving me well. Everything works

Hi

am using the 3rd party phottix battery grip with D300. No problems so far. Haven got the chance to use En-EL4 battery on it yet. Also not yet tested 8fps ...

why i bought grip is to help me compose better while doing portraits. So far phottix is serving me well. Everything works

Hey, are there any shops in Singapore selling these 3rd party batter grips? Or do you have to get them online?

Most shops are selling a Taiwan brand grip. Can't remember how much but it is definitely more than 40% higher than phottix that you get from mass order. That Taiwan brand allows 2x batteries but I checked the manual, no where it says got boasted fps. The built quality of the Taiwan brand is also a suspect.

At least phottix does mention it.

I have not seen the phottix or the original MB-D10 so I can't compare. Know that MB-D10 is about twice of phottix.

So I am thinking of getting the phottix one but just want to be sure if it is a good idea.

Most shops are selling a Taiwan brand grip. Can't remember how much but it is definitely more than 40% higher than phottix that you get from mass order. That Taiwan brand allows 2x batteries but I checked the manual, no where it says got boasted fps. The built quality of the Taiwan brand is also a suspect.

At least phottix does mention it.

I have not seen the phottix or the original MB-D10 so I can't compare. Know that MB-D10 is about twice of phottix.

So I am thinking of getting the phottix one but just want to be sure if it is a good idea.

If you're worry about 3rd party then get the Org 1 worry free & with Nikon warrt. Yes you pay abit more but is a Nikon ;)

If you're worry about 3rd party then get the Org 1 worry free & with Nikon warrt. Yes you pay abit more but is a Nikon ;)

agree with die_hard.

i pondered for almost a year b4 between 3rd party accessories and the original. Finally decided to get the original. it gave me a piece of mind.

works well with me in terms of handling stability. do ur home work carefully and before committing.

:cool:

So where to find MB-D10? I have tried a lot of shops in Funan. All sold out.

i bought mine from Juso Tebrau. Mee Too Photo on the 3rd floor

$250 back then. not sure how much it costs these days.

Having compared the price with the listed price on CS, i got it on the spot.

But many things over there are more ex than in SG though. Some lenses and most bodies cost more over there. and basically most accessories. the batt grip was a pleasant surprise

Hi

Me too. Phottix battery grip with D300 serve me well, everthing works and have the choice of using 3 different types of batteries.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.