Basic Camera setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMC said:
AFD 2 touch version still around. AFS80-200 discontinued. 2H ones available, new ones are very hard to get a hold of.

Thank bro.... will check it out.......... unless tio 4D, then go straight to VR one... :thumbsup: ;p

btw bro, i know VR good for hand held and nite shoot, but without VR (and in some case without tripod), how tough is it to get sharp pic at nite?? will a monopod help in any way??

a monpod will help but then of course the tripod will be the best. You can prob go down to 1/25 @70mm with a tripod and get decent pics. I dun own one so I cant confirm anything with you, but I find it an over priced piece of glass.

at nearly 3k I would rather it be AFS70-200/2 VR

TMC said:
a monpod will help but then of course the tripod will be the best. You can prob go down to 1/25 @70mm with a tripod and get decent pics. I dun own one so I cant confirm anything with you, but I find it an over priced piece of glass.

at nearly 3k I would rather it be AFS70-200/2 VR

ya lor bro, can get a lot more lens with that money leh...... will prob look at the 80-200...

okay here we go again................

Already have:
1. D70s........ (bro espn, got lobang for TI to D200...... ;p )
2. 12-24mm f/4
3. 50mm f/1.8
4. 105mm macro f/2.8

Looking at adding the following:
Path 1:
1. 18-200 (but till now, no sound, so sight, no pic)......... good for a overall walkaround, travel, but for night shoot, need tripod
2. AFD80-200 f/2.8............ fast lens, go for night, but heavy, not suitable for travel or hold too long............ sorry bro espn, no VR, eat enough grass liao, eat somemore, need to import from New Zealand.... :sticktong

The problem for above is both lens overlap.... but 80-200 got its usefullness

Path 2:
1. AFD80-200 f/2.8............ as above
2. AF 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF...... saw some bro say this is a good lens, underrated.... good for walkaround, but might not have enough reach

If need to shoot in the range of 70-150mm, need to change lens........

Path 3
1. 18-200 (but till now, no sound, so sight, no pic)......... good for a overall walkaround, travel...
2. AF 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF...... saw some bro say this is a good lens, underrated.... good for walkaround, but might not have enough reach

Will have problem if need to shoot at night w/o tripod at a longer focal lenght............

:dunno: :dunno: ........ or any better combination............ NO NO NO........ NO VR NO OVER 2K lens, NO MTL BBB......... :nono:

Since you have the 12 - 24 liao, why duplicate the range unless you intend to get better sharper lenses? Why not build up from 24 - 85 and add a 80 - 200 (then you won't need to mix and match liao, all ranges covered)

If you get the 18 - 200, then the others may be redundant... Unless of course, you intend to go bird hunting or night shooting hand-held... (and how often would that be?)

Your choice dude...

Well you can also go for the following :-
1) 24-120 VR (Good for walk around as well)
2) 70-200 VR
If above than no need 18-200 or

1) 18-200 (wait and you will be rewarded)
2) 70-200 VR plus TC
Will overlap but IMHO both are different class and for different usage.

SEXiao said:
okay here we go again................

Already have:
1. D70s........ (bro espn, got lobang for TI to D200...... ;p )
2. 12-24mm f/4
3. 50mm f/1.8
4. 105mm macro f/2.8

Looking at adding the following:
Path 1:
1. 18-200 (but till now, no sound, so sight, no pic)......... good for a overall walkaround, travel, but for night shoot, need tripod
2. AFD80-200 f/2.8............ fast lens, go for night, but heavy, not suitable for travel or hold too long............ sorry bro espn, no VR, eat enough grass liao, eat somemore, need to import from New Zealand.... :sticktong

The problem for above is both lens overlap.... but 80-200 got its usefullness

Path 2:
1. AFD80-200 f/2.8............ as above

If need to shoot in the range of 70-150mm, need to change lens........

Path 3
1. 18-200 (but till now, no sound, so sight, no pic)......... good for a overall walkaround, travel...

Will have problem if need to shoot at night w/o tripod at a longer focal lenght............

:dunno: :dunno: ........ or any better combination............ NO NO NO........ NO VR NO OVER 2K lens, NO MTL BBB......... :nono:

zac08 said:
Since you have the 12 - 24 liao, why duplicate the range unless you intend to get better sharper lenses? Why not build up from 24 - 85 and add a 80 - 200 (then you won't need to mix and match liao, all ranges covered)

If you get the 18 - 200, then the others may be redundant... Unless of course, you intend to go bird hunting or night shooting hand-held... (and how often would that be?)

Your choice dude...
18-200VR: Birdhunting? No. Nightshooting? No. Single lens solution for general/travel photography? Yes.

lsisaxon said:
18-200VR: Birdhunting? No. Nightshooting? No. Single lens solution for general/travel photography? Yes.

Sorry.....

No... I meant he would then need a F2.8 lens for those purposes... 18-200 definitely can't hack those applications... it's only good for walkarounds....

lsisaxon said:

That's the thing bro... 18-200 night shoot, no no.... but good general lens.... then if get 80-200, kena overlap... but good for night... hmmm.... NO 70-200 VR... too ex... :sweat:

zac08 said:
Sorry.....

No... I meant he would then need a F2.8 lens for those purposes... 18-200 definitely can't hack those applications... it's only good for walkarounds....
Ah..Okie.. Din read properly.. :) Missed the "Unless" in front.. hahaha.. which means I had been just reinforcing the point he made..

well if you are using it to shoot building w/nice lighting, secenery with nice lighting... basically anyhting with nice lighting at night, what lens will you guy used???

wide lens 12-24, long zoon 80-200 or mid zoom 28-70........... :dunno:

SEXiao said:
well if you are using it to shoot building w/nice lighting, secenery with nice lighting... basically anyhting with nice lighting at night, what lens will you guy used???

wide lens 12-24, long zoon 80-200 or mid zoom 28-70........... :dunno:
Any lens I have at hand. :)

Well... whichever will get the whole scenery into the viewfinder....

zac08 said:
Well... whichever will get the whole scenery into the viewfinder....

so i am okay with the 12-24mm.... :thumbsup: ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.