Bald strip on new-born's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a very clear picture but this is the only back view I have now which my wife shot with a PnS. Later we realised that there are quite a number of babies having this strip also.
DSCN0681e.jpg

That is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks Bro.

Your baby still not that bad. I've seen some are really 'botak' at that area one leh...

well could be related to the period prior to bone fusing for the head perhaps? one of the fissure lines that havent been closed?

Is there some rash along the skin or some kind of skin flakes ?

Paiseh cannot see the pic clearly

Ryan

can it be simply fold marks cos the baby had been lying face up position for so long, and the hair just divides along that strip?

Not a very clear picture but this is the only back view I have now which my wife shot with a PnS. Later we realised that there are quite a number of babies having this strip also.
DSCN0681e.jpg

It is a project by the outer space visitor.

By year 3012 , human shall be tag with an unique barcode. Name will no longer be use as each shall be address by their unique serial number.

And ya , but then everyone will live underground as the air above land is no longer healthy for living being :);)

Oh dear, this is getting hilarious! :bsmilie:

It is very common for most babies to loose hair after the first month of life. This is somehow more common amongst the asian babies than caucasian babies. There is nothing wrong with the baby and you should not be unduly worried about it. Some doctors think that it is due to some hormonal changes and it is not uncommon to note that their mothers start to drop hair as well.

As the baby is usually lying on the back of his head, the hair at the back will tend to drop first due to friction over that area. It is important to note that you should not use a pillow for your baby until that baby is about 6 months old, otherwise the head will get flattened on the side that the baby has preference on. Furthermore, the hair loss might become more obvious because of friction over the pillow.

In some instances, patchy areas of hair will drop much to the anxiety of the parents. Some parents will shave the head to try and 'accelerate' the hair growth and this does not work really. One more thing, putting olive oil, guiness stout, henessey over the scalp will not improve the hair growth as some think. :bigeyes:

Here is a link that might help:

Baby Hair Loss

Is there some rash along the skin or some kind of skin flakes ?

Paiseh cannot see the pic clearly

Ryan

No lah.. it's just a strip with less hair than the rest of the head but I've seen some babies which has that strip almost totally bald and very distinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.