B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we should look at it as individual case and not wack whole boat people with 1 stick.

i wonder their intention to load this up. to show their friends and relative?? to take this is a joke??

i think you're only half right. i've met foreigners who are courteous and behave respectably. i do not think what the 3 did can be considered acceptable even in their own home, if it is really acceptable, something is wrong with their home.

I never said it was acceptable did I? Ive basically shown there are more ways to look at it then the one route you have all taken. The problem is, by acting out so angrily at this one event, dislike is created for the whole race unfairly (and what happened in the other thread this degenerated into expressing that 'dislike').

Hmmmm interesting.... now we have opinon that the three cockney lads either

1) Were forced by the uncle either by him shouting, pulling or shoving them into his trishaw
2) Our lads are the best lads in the world and they show great empathy by giving the uncle a chance to earn a buck

However could I point some loopholes in the case? Firstly anyone saw the uncle shoving the lads onto the trishaw? And if the lads really didnt want to take it... well no one can really force 3 burly large size whites right? Secondly if the 3 lads are really pitying the uncle.... then be gracious and just pay him for his hard work.... instead of whining about service not fufilled.

Sometimes it makes me wonder.... why do some whites even want to come here and still think they rule the roost. Any slight incident and they cry murder.... for goodness sake, sometimes look yourself in the mirror and ask if you whites really deserve our respect. I would say majority are alright but there are these few that still think it is right for whites to trample on us Asians..... Sigh..... please we are no longer your colony..... wake up....

it was the issue of haggling, why were they trying to suppress their laughther and giggling through out the ride?

and the old man was probably feeling ridiculed perhaps.. you can hear him say over and over again "very happpy...." etc..

if any other person was being taken advantage of, or in that scenario, lets say a strong young man cycling, i wouldnt have much comments.

but in this case it is an old man, and someone whom could be easily taken advantage of, or bullied, as compared to anyone younger who normally offers such trishaw services.

from this video itself i only have two main issues of concern, one, the old man being bullied, secondly, why does the old man, at his age, and feebleness have to take on such a strenous job? is he one of those whom our highly advanced and increasingly affluent society had forgotten and left behind in the sands of time?

it was the issue of haggling, why were they trying to suppress their laughther and giggling through out the ride?

and the old man was probably feeling ridiculed perhaps.. you can hear him say over and over again "very happpy...." etc..

if any other person was being taken advantage of, or in that scenario, lets say a strong young man cycling, i wouldnt have much comments.

but in this case it is an old man, and someone whom could be easily taken advantage of, or bullied, as compared to anyone younger who normally offers such trishaw services.

from this video itself i only have two main issues of concern, one, the old man being bullied, secondly, why does the old man, at his age, and feebleness have to take on such a strenous job? is he one of those whom our highly advanced and increasingly affluent society had forgotten and left behind in the sands of time?

and this is what i would say is in fact the heart of the whole matter...

I never said it was acceptable did I? Ive basically shown there are more ways to look at it then the one route you have all taken. The problem is, by acting out so angrily at this one event, dislike is created for the whole race unfairly (and what happened in the other thread this degenerated into expressing that 'dislike').

did i say that you accepted their behaviour? dislike is created for the entire race, that's the consequences of the actions (bullying + uploading the video on internet) of the 3 persons, they will have to bear that responsibility. we can tell a few people to look at things without racist connotations, but we can't tell the whole internet to do that? that is the consequence.

so far no one has really gone into racist issue in this thread i believe.

I agree this also presents the bigger problem of

'one of those whom our highly advanced and increasingly affluent society had forgotten and left behind in the sands of time?'

Very well put.

Im still not sure they are taking advantage, if it was a fit young guy, who still couldnt get them from point A to point B, they would be laughing aswell. I dont think it has anything to do with bullying him because of his age, or bullying him at all, they are just laughing at the ridiculousness of being on a bike and going slower than walking.

dont forget, have to work until 60++ in singapore, else cant stay alive if one happens to live longer than 80.

uncle just doing what is needed.

did i say that you accepted their behaviour? dislike is created for the entire race, that's the consequences of the actions (bullying + uploading the video on internet) of the 3 persons, they will have to bear that responsibility. we can tell a few people to look at things without racist connotations, but we can't tell the whole internet to do that. that is the consequence.

so far no one has really gone into racist issue in this thread i believe.

I agree, its their responsibility, and they will have to bear it.

No, it has yet to turn into a racism thread yet, which is a very good start indeed.

dont forget, have to work until 60++ in singapore, else cant stay alive if one happens to live longer than 80.

uncle just doing what is needed.

I know, but the point is, he isnt doing what is needed. From this video he cant cycle (well, with 3 people at least), surely there are other alternative for him? surely he should never be in this circumstance to begin with?

I agree this also presents the bigger problem of

'one of those whom our highly advanced and increasingly affluent society had forgotten and left behind in the sands of time?'

Very well put.

Im still not sure they are taking advantage, if it was a fit young guy, who still couldnt get them from point A to point B, they would be laughing aswell. I dont think it has anything to do with bullying him because of his age, or bullying him at all, they are just laughing at the ridiculousness of being on a bike and going slower than walking.

there're rich and poor people everywhere, no matter which world you come from. it's each country's own problem to solve, and i don't think there's a need to mix up the ridiculous bullying of an old man with other societal problems. having poor people living in a rich country doesn't give anyone the license to laugh about it anyway.

ask your own conscience, are they really just laughing at the slowness of the ride?

I agree, its their responsibility, and they will have to bear it.

No, it has yet to turn into a racism thread yet, which is a very good start indeed.

in fact, you're the one who brought the racism issue into this thread.

I know, but the point is, he isnt doing what is needed. From this video he cant cycle (well, with 3 people at least), surely there are other alternative for him? surely he should never be in this circumstance to begin with?

i am guessing here.

1) if uncle had been trishaw peddler his whole life, how much cpf, if any, he has?
2) if uncle had been trishaw peddler his whole life, how much saving can there be?

Jeez, it gets so much attention. I know what to do next time im insulted by someone from China, Youtube here I come. Why does everyone straight away take the mindset of 'bastar* brits bullying the poor ah pek!" Its ridiculous. To me this isnt even an issue of bullying or racism. Its a matter of service. That uncle should not be cycling bikes, or at least not bikes with 3 people. He has failed to provide the service he has offered, and the Brits offering to compensate him half his fees for his time is reasonable. Im not sure many of you guys would pay if something was promised but then never delivered. I see many Singaporeans quarreling over an extra $1 on their bills (let alone $10!), simply because they dont wanna pay it as the service was 'not up to standard' or the service was different from that which was promised. So when we do exactly the same, its immediately racism, bullying and 'bastar* brits'. Come off it guys, give it a rest.

holy ****

your thickheadedness has reached new levels

this is like grabbing a few copies of the big issue from the homeless tagged to sell them and laughing at them
for the uninformed, the big issue is sort of a newspaper sorta thing that's produced to let homeless people sell.. as part of some funny project
sadly, not many people read it, or bother to buy it.. though i'm doubtful about the quality of the news within as well

thankfully, singapore doesn't have that many homeless yet.. in comparison to "******* brits"

some people have no choice, sadly.. and are you telling me that the bicycle wasn't moving?
in any case you are really taking this way too personally. if it was 3 squirrels doing the same thing to the poor old man.. make that fat, big squirrels..
anyone would be equally pissed.

The video clearly shows that the 3 chaps were making fun of the apek.

We don't know the reason that the apek has to work beyond his retirement age and maybe being a trishaw is his mean of getting some money.

Now you're against old people working and the 3 chaps are the innocent party since they didn't get their money's worth.

I've also seen people from other countries quarreling over an extra $1 on their bills and touting for taxi's when I travel and it does not only happen in Singapore.

Most of the posters here were reacting to this incident and didn't say anything about racism.

You'll have the same reaction if this was done by youngsters to the apek whether chinese, malay or indian.

Please give us a rest too.

I concur! First we have an elderly gentleman who is being ridicule by 3 lads who place the video up on You Tube. Then now we have a brillant arguement that it is the elderly gentlemen's fault instead for not being a good trishaw rider and hence didnt provide a good service to the 3 lads. And best of all, latest I hear is the our uncle is to blame for being a trishaw rider! Classic classic! I really admire the arguement brought forward.... truly like that of a Queen's Counsel! Able to turn the plaintiff into an defendant! Bravo!

i'm sorry but i'm not seeing any bullying.

the old man took them for a snails ride, and a short one at that. the old man wanted 10, the guys told him 5...err, to me it is simply bargaining...and in fact they got off the trike to take a cab. i think if they stayed on and made the old fellow continue then that would have been bullying. i think although these guys joked around they genuinely felt bad for the old guy and cut the trip short to take a cab...and also paid him for what they felt was fair. i just don't see any bullying. i would've cut the trip short also OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE OLD MAN and bargained the fare BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GET A CAB AND PAY MORE...fair deal?...i think so :)

maybe these guys got on the trike because they felt bad for the old man and decided to give him some business then realized ok, this isn't working out...

in all honesty i expected to see something much much more than just this. and yeah, perhaps someone should post how the local merchants at places lik sim lim "bully" foreigners, even locals...that is far more worse than this. seriously, i just don't see it, any bullying.

i honestly believe that if this clip showed a singaporean haggling the price instead of a foreigner no one would have even cared.

i mean be honest with yourselves before you call this bullying and getting upset over it. anyone could easily post a clip on youtube of singaporeans leaving behind a mess at a food court for aunty or uncle to clean up. you know what the world might say..."wow, why do they bully these old people to clean up after them, why can't they be nice and simply do it themselves, they should show more respect to old people." wanna put that on stomp?

i think people who make a mess for the old folks to clean up are inconsiderate and arrogant. take your pick, what is worse...haggling a price when in all honesty it looks as if they got off to help the old guy and probably felt bad for him so at least gave him some business...or not cleaning up after yourself and making old folks clean up your mess? in either case, sadly, it is their job and again if we are all honest it is a good possibility that the old man gives a different price for different people...just go to sim lim for an example of different prices for different people...and for different races.

be fair before you cry foul.
i feel bad for the guy, but i would've done the same...get off because i felt bad, give him a fair price and it's done...seriously, what he would've maybe charged them 50 bucks if they stayed on the trike all the way then they haggle down to 30? then you would be laffing and saying how the old man ripped off the foreigners. kiasu mindset maybe?

...be fair and see the other side of things

i am guessing here.

1) if uncle had been trishaw peddler his whole life, how much cpf, if any, he has?
2) if uncle had been trishaw peddler his whole life, how much saving can there be?

1) Dun worry, life expectancy has gone up according to statistics.
All he needs to do is to continue working after 62, if he does, he do not have to worry
abt not being unable to feed himself or cpf not enough.

(1 ride already earns $10)
Cai peng with 1 veg and 1 meat only $2. Add 20cents for more rice for lunch, to have
more energy to peddle ! Drink tap water from toliet FOC.
Dinner no need so much rice, so $2. Total $4.20
Take world class transport at cheap cheap rate.
Children abandon him oso nevermind
Can survive one lah :thumbsup:
Workfare is welfare hokay !

Somemore when the annuities thingy kicks in, he do not need to worry about life after
retirement or when he no longer has the energy or health to peddle.
Every month money from those who suay suay die b4 80 (85?) will go into his pocket.

2) Dun worry, gst increase is to create a safety net for such old ppl. No saving nevermind.
Just remember to approach for social help

sometimes, what i believe is that people are already thinking too much to a straight forward scenario right here.

to begin with, i dont think you see normal trishaws taking 3 people in their carriage. it's already not right. Just because these 3 farkers came in the group and the uncle wants to make some money (for whatever reasons - be it survival, or extra income), he puts down his pride (clearly known that these farkers are making a joke out of him) and struggles with his physical ability, and took their business.

it's really not about the quality of service right here. it's about within his means, and he eventually delivered it!

now to all you shortsighted posters here thinking that the farking brits are right, remember this: our PM says we have to work longer. 67 then can retire.

by then when you're already at the wits end, earning for survival, yet being ridiculed by younger FT, i see how you feel.

and oh btw, they got off the trishaw and went on a cab. i wonder if the cab driver would force these farkers to pay first before taking them, or just take them cos it's not his business...

Status
Not open for further replies.