Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

I also got this Vertax D12. I can say it is really similar to the orig grip. the material is also polycarbonate like the real one. Functions also similar to the orig. The D800 can detect that it is D12 battery grip on the menu. I purchased mine on BnS section for150 sgd. Happy that I had bought it rather being rip off by the price of orig one.
Just some thoughts on the third party Pixel grip that I just bought. Haven't actually used the Nikon version, so this is really not a comparison per se.

Good feel and leatherette is nicely wrapped. Plastic quality if reasonable, paintwork/finishing is not the hard shiny plastic but looks to the D800 body itself (I'm referring to the finishing, not the mterial, which I think is only plastic).

Tried with 8xAA batteries as 3rd party EN-EL15 don't seem to be available in the market yet. After 400+ shots on 8 x 2700mah Powerex, the battery indicator on D800 still shows as full.

The shutter button on the 1st set I tried was quite fiddly, and makes a clicking sound when I half press the shutter button. Asked the shop keeper to let me try another set. 2nd set was okay.

Didn't like the catch mechanism on the battery tray as it doesn't seem very sturdy. I supposed it will last if u take precaution not to overturn or use too much force.

Care to share on how much you got it, and from where?

got it in shanghai :) couldn't find any stocks in singapore

RMB 650 about the same as SG I think...

Did you get it at 星光?

I also got this Vertax D12. I can say it is really similar to the orig grip. the material is also polycarbonate like the real one. Functions also similar to the orig. The D800 can detect that it is D12 battery grip on the menu. I purchased mine on BnS section for150 sgd. Happy that I had bought it rather being rip off by the price of orig one.

congrats! yes, so far pretty happy with it, i read from DP review that many users could get 6 FPS on this grip, so should be pretty decent.

btw, managed to close to another 400 shots with the same set of 8x2400mah powerex in the grip, with 2 bars showing on the top LCD panel, I think can easily squeeze to 1K shots.... I think I'll just pass on getting another spare EN-EL15 and just rely on AA.

Last edited:
Did you get it at 星光?

nope, at one of the shops at huan long complex, near shanghai railway station. it's a haunt for photographers, together with the xing guang building

Bro, do you have the name and address of the shop? I am heading for Shanghai next week! :D

lloh108 said:
Bro, do you have the name and address of the shop? I am heading for Shanghai next week! :D

Pm-ed u :)

Got one from Cathay Marina on Friday, John 3:16 also got some stock

It's Tuesday again. The day tt usually d800/e Reach all the shops. Any call? Especially audiohouse. Lol

Is the price @ RRP?

IS the D800 stock readily available now?
Been waiting for it but not in a rush to get .. kekekee

IS the D800 stock readily available now?
Been waiting for it but not in a rush to get .. kekekee

hi bro! seems like there are quite a few shops with stock at RRP or 100bucks below RRP!

If u want to get it cheap! most likely u need to preorder~

TKphoto, John 3:16 u can give them a ring..~ but usually stock runs out fast at RRP too~

I always thought if need to pre order means above RRP? Now is pre order cheaper?

I always thought if need to pre order means above RRP? Now is pre order cheaper?

Maybe like groupon, commit first at a lower price .. pay later ... kekeke

but i think they should collect a deposit first .. kekeke
i know lotsa people will throw stones at me . :D

i saw D800 on TK shelves~

I saw D800 avlaible with TK photo, Challanger Funan, John 3:16 and SEA computers in funan