Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

shootuntiludrop said:
Hi all, didn't know that a laminated sealed product causes so much feedback on it. Well, it was not shrink wrapped but laminated just like vacumn pack. Well, maybe it was laminate sealed that way by the shop to prevent unnecessary testing and abuse by other. That the reason the sale girl made me paid for it first before opening and unboxing for me to test and check. Yes, checked shutter count at home; 5 shots registered as shots taken at the shop. One more thing, now low on budget after the D800 for a lens as recommended. Thinking of getting a sigma 24-70mm f2.8 HSM for temporary use until end of year bonus. Will this sigma be a good substitute? Thank you.

Tamron would be a better choice. I have gone thru a three part review on the comparison of lenses by Digalrev on you tube.

Hi all, didn't know that a laminated sealed product causes so much feedback on it. Well, it was not shrink wrapped but laminated just like vacumn pack. Well, maybe it was laminate sealed that way by the shop to prevent unnecessary testing and abuse by other. That the reason the sale girl made me paid for it first before opening and unboxing for me to test and check. Yes, checked shutter count at home; 5 shots registered as shots taken at the shop. One more thing, now low on budget after the D800 for a lens as recommended. Thinking of getting a sigma 24-70mm f2.8 HSM for temporary use until end of year bonus. Will this sigma be a good substitute? Thank you.

You know that many people are paranoid about buying something new which has been used or touched by someone else. Me used to be in this category too but not so much nowadays...

Here are 2 plastic wrapped boxes. My D800 also came wrapped :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

WGW_1486.jpg

sighting at challenger at funan d4 & D800 1 set each i think its at nikon list price

Don't waste your money on sub standard lenses for the D800. The D800 will make the flaws very glaring.

You know that many people are paranoid about buying something new which has been used or touched by someone else. Me used to be in this category too but not so much nowadays...

Here are 2 plastic wrapped boxes. My D800 also came wrapped :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Nikon doesn't shrink wrap anything... it is done by the shop that sold you the camera and lenses.

daredevil123 said:
Nikon doesn't shrink wrap anything... it is done by the shop that sold you the camera and lenses.

The irony when ppl think that shrink wrapped = new set, if everybody want "new set" they mights well fly to the factory in Japan and get it on the spot

shootuntiludrop said:

If u dun really need zoom, i suggest to get a couple of good primes 24, 50 & 85 to cover the range.

daredevil123 said:

Yes. I know ;-)

1 D4 & 2 D800 looking for new homes. Interested parties please hurry to Challenger Funan :D

zoom3 said:
1 D4 & 2 D800 looking for new homes. Interested parties please hurry to Challenger Funan :D

Plus 1 D4 & 1 D800 at their mini store on level 2.

called up challenger funan. D800 Member price is $4448.... still got stock.

decided to wait. After all waited for like so many months already :) who want to buy faster go :)

Last edited:
dniwkh said:
called up challenger funan. D800 Member price is $4448.... still got stock.

decided to wait. After all waited for like so many months already :) who want to buy faster go :)

I got mine at $4,248 yesterday at Funan Challenger. They said the additional discount was for yesterday only. Take it for what it's worth, but I took the plunge cos other shops like SLRR were holding out at RRP and the cheapest I was quoted - 4,088 at Liang Court Audio House - had a 5 to 6 week waiting list.

I am at Siam paragon right now, price for d800 th$99900, less than $4k. Pay by cash further 2% discount. FYI for those going bangkok.

Hmm think SG really overpriced, after conversion minus 2% the price is about $3900.

Last edited:
I am at Siam paragon right now, price for d800 th$99900, less than $4k. Pay by cash further 2% discount. FYI for those going bangkok.

Hmm think SG really overpriced, after conversion minus 2% the price is about $3900.

Ya lar, nikon Singapore cannot get stock so what to do. If audio house can sell at 4088 you should know roughly how much the cost price of the unit is.

So many months already. But also good lah. Maybe can wait for d600 by the time Nikon Singapore manage to secure enough stock

I got mine at $4,248 yesterday at Funan Challenger. They said the additional discount was for yesterday only. Take it for what it's worth, but I took the plunge cos other shops like SLRR were holding out at RRP and the cheapest I was quoted - 4,088 at Liang Court Audio House - had a 5 to 6 week waiting list.

Challenger was selling at 4088 some weeks back... At least they realised not many is going to buy at 4448. Still got people willing o pay for 4248...

The outlook of Singapore economy for the coming half year is not good. Is best to wait and see.

Can I know , whoever got there D800 already , di you get freebies like card or bags etc?

Don't forget with 7% GST, S$3900 comes out to $4173 after GST.