Availability of D800E in Singapore

lotus80 said:
Ken Rockwell review suggests that d800 is half as slow as d7000, is that so ?

Quality of pics is v good though.

Should really take KRW words with a pinch of salt, I would only go to his website for technical specification with is easier to find, faster to load and more readily available (especially older lenses and bodies) for the original manufacturing companies' website.

Cheesecake said:
Read his article is for entertainment n to pass time la.

Haha, guy put some good advice also lah

Different needs and for me d800 just nice at 4fps.. which is more than enough for me. What draws me to D800 is the DR and the ability to have an in built of 1.2x and 1.5x zoom and still have enough megapixel to rival the latest camera... as for KRW.. well I normally take his words with a pinch of salt. But one thing for sure.. his view are based on practicality.. but hey.. everyone have their own opinion... so I normally also treat it as reading material.

Last edited:
South East Computers at Funan - has one set at 4988 (at least during lunchtime today).

saw someone pick up a set on thurs at cathay photo. Person was estatic. Rightly so.

'Half as slow' means 'Twice as fast' ?

Deleted... wrong thread

Last edited:
1 piece of D800E spotted at tk foto... never ask them the price though

anyone can advise availability of D800E now. I called MS colour and cathay photo, all said out of stock. Sad.

MS colour advise there might be a restock in 2 weeks time but I think its not firm.

anyone can advise availability of D800E now. I called MS colour and cathay photo, all said out of stock. Sad.

MS colour advise there might be a restock in 2 weeks time but I think its not firm.

Orient Photo reply a quote to me. I think they have stock, u can check it up.

thanks. Shall call them up. Hope its still there.

Orient photo has one D800E left but price still on the high side. South Asia has only D800. Sad

I m in Bangkok n at Central World they quote me a D800E for ??? I divide the amount by 25 and got 32xx n this is before VAT.

wow. thats very cheap. but bought at bkk means no warranty?

Hi bro I have to go bkk they have stock d800e

Only local warranty as in Thailand for 1 year. If u go NSC SG u pay as if warranty has expired.

davidlam001 said:
wow. thats very cheap. but bought at bkk means no warranty?

Yes...only Thailand local warranty. Nikon Malaysia sets are better if u want to get overseas sets, at least sending it to Nikon Malaysia service center (if needed) is nearer..

I'm curious to know what is the service fee NSC would charge for eg the left focus issue for non local set. The price difference between Singapore local set and the other countries I gathered here is just too much. I think the difference is more than enough to pay the service fee to NSC. Open to hear your comment.