Assault cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard many stories of friends who make police reports and find out that the police are always trying to siam the work. First line of defence "its a civil case", second line of defense "lodge a magistrate's complaint", third line of defence - take very long to get back to you and say "we are still investigating".

Our police are tigers who only use their teeth when a fat deer comes along. Other than that, spend time sharpening and cleaning and keep in storage only. However, they will use the media to project the appearance that they are very efficient (see crime watch) even for minor offences (maybe they solve 1 or 2 just to play on TV, the rest bochap).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
very very what u say about singapore police.
the dont like to do to much think.
no body killed so no point reporting,

haa...so tat is what lodging a complaint with the magistrate is about ahz??

but maybe before u or anybody else come to a conclusion that the police will do nothing at all, why dun u find out first? or ask any CSers here who happen to be a policeman / woman.....dun tink it is fair to ALL police people leh.....

This is not a case of being fair or not to the men in blue. Don't get me wrong, I think they're doing a good job keeping all of us safe. But the way they classifies a case and their policies of not taking action in cases like these, ............
This in not the first case already, remember the case of the doctor who was assaulted and it was reported in the papers? Same thing, police said he have to take up the case himself.
Something have to be done if not than the day may come where, if you're not rich enough, anyone can just assault anyone, making sure that there's no serious injury ( punch him in the head ), and know he don't have the money to sue, so can get away with it. Small misunderstanding can turn ugly just because people don't have to control themselves. Why should they? The police is not going to care anyway.

just how much $$ is required to lodge a complaint to the magistrate? what is involve in this process? is a lawyer needed? can one do it without a lawyer?

Perhaps so, but maybe you can try making a report the next time you know of or encounter a minor crime and let us know what happens :).

My own personal experience in reporting a very simple violation of traffic laws took about 2 months to complete. And I think that's fast already. My other friends' experiences were much worse.

actually alot of policemen was jus NSF....so u can guess the mentaility of an NSF liao rite?..I nt trying to shield them but I believe nt all police is like what u say lor... if they r as inefficient or useless as u or other ppl said, we would nt be so safe walking in the street liao lor...

I don't think a lot of money is required to lodge a magistrate's complaint - in fact, I don't think lawyers are even required. However, there would be hassle and time spent - similar to filing an action in the Small Claims Tribunal.

By that time, you may not even be able to find/locate/identify the original offender anymore.

sometimes u see tv drama, u see those police who happen to see ppl fight, and then another 1 run away, the police will ask the victim if he know the person & wanna lodge complain right... i wonder if real life will like that anot...

My mother always say...

People who make movies are "siao", people who watch them are "gong"
The police who ask victims "wanna lodge complain?" are merely special effects..

I think that was what happened in the last incident reported in the papers - the police on the scene asked the victim to make report in police station and magistrate.

My mother always say...

People who make movies are "siao", people who watch them are "gong"
The police who ask victims "wanna lodge complain?" are merely special effects..

I don't think a lot of money is required to lodge a magistrate's complaint - in fact, I don't think lawyers are even required. However, there would be hassle and time spent - similar to filing an action in the Small Claims Tribunal.

By that time, you may not even be able to find/locate/identify the original offender anymore.

Ha ha ha... just imagine, after we get assaulted and police come to see and say they cannot do anything but ask you to file complain. Imagine we walk to the guy who assaulted us and ask "can i borrow your ic? need to make a complain against you". How else do we know who he is (presumably he's a stranger to you) since to police is not going to help....

Ha ha ha... just imagine, after we get assaulted and police come to see and say they cannot do anything but ask you to file complain. Imagine we walk to the guy who assaulted us and ask "can i borrow your ic? need to make a complain against you". How else do we know who he is (presumably he's a stranger to you) since to police is not going to help....

precisely... :thumbsup:

Hehhee, thats why I say our Police is useless one :p

In the US, if someone even lays a finger on you, it can be deemed as assault. You can even verbally abuse a cop and be in his face and he can't do anything. If he pushes you away if you are too close to him or if it is the other way around, that can be considered as assault.

Sad to say you can't do that here, you'll be charged with verbal abuse on a public servant, that's what my cousin told me, he's a lawyer. He also told me don't do anything like that cos he doesn't want to get a call in the middle of the night to come bail my butt out of jail.:bsmilie:

In Singapore, I can go around beating people up, maybe just a bloody nose and a couple of bruises, I should be fine right??? Woooooohooooooo!!!!! It's party time!!!!!!!!:think: :bsmilie: :bigeyes: ;p

I do remember a few years back when there was a big news about assaults in Singapore. It was mentioned that a person who feels threatened of an assault even by the accused showing fist can be in trouble with the law.

Why must the assault takes place first and even worse, the injury must be severed because a police can take any actions?

Are we suppose to be a crime preventive society? Or was those words are meant for posters? We work hard to prevent crimes such as thefts, but why not assault?

Why was the guy who pushed the girl down the MRT track arrested? The lady was not "seriously" injured. Yes.. she could have... but she didn't. Did she go to the majistrate first and filed a report then the police came down the MRT station and arrested him?

Define assault then? No, there is no different between this and attempted murder as all assault could end in death. So do we wait and see whether the victim is "slightly injured", "badly injured" or "dead"???

I actually feel sorry for all the policemen who carries gun, nightstick, warrent card and all they can do in crisis like this is to advice people to make complain... guess we are becoming a society of "complaint lah" then I can help you... "if you no complain... don't talk, not my problem"...

my friend had similar case, police give simialr answer, magistrates told him similar thing even he had told the magistrates that the assilent always hang around his block.

sometime, i wonder what are they good for? must wait untill see blood or come out in newspaper than get their heavy butt off the seats?

i think their most likely reply, if newspaper starts to reports stuff like these, will be, like the police and magistrates had told my friend, they are short of manpower.

not advicable, but if possible and capable, handle it yourself lor.

In Singapore, I can go around beating people up, maybe just a bloody nose and a couple of bruises, I should be fine right??? Woooooohooooooo!!!!! It's party time!!!!!!!!:think: :bsmilie: :bigeyes: ;p

Better still... beat someone up badly, then call one of our good MUA to do a good makeup then say... where got bruise... all so nice one what... can become model somemore... TFCD anyone? :bsmilie:

All this gives me the feeling that for them it is:
If you're not famous: can siam, siam
If you're not rich with connections: also siam
If you're not an MP from PA*: faster siam
If no high level new value: must be joking not to siam

Basically, if it don't affect my rice bowl and don't get me noticed for a promotion ...........................MUST BE STUPID NOT TO SIAM!!!

man, I hope I'm wrong.;p

if the reasons is that most of police force is NSF, so attitude is like this. imagine the army!!!

maybe if it is a raid at red light district, all will jump into actions faster than you can say "WAH!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.