arrogant Bus driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... i seldom have trays when i eat to start with... how to clear? :bsmilie: ppl serve to my table, i eat, then when i wanna clear they say, Yandao eh, auntie clear ok? then i of course say, orr, thank you auntie... then auntie smile smile, me smile back, both happy...

Woah so friendly one!

Auntie got also wink wink at you or not? :bsmilie:

Woah so friendly one!

Auntie got also wink wink at you or not? :bsmilie:

some got lah, y? got code 1 ar?

1 short wink - Normal
2 short wink - Error - error code shown on face
continuous wink - eye problem or brain problem
1 long 1 short wink - system problem
1 long 2 short wink - face problem

no wink - bo taiji...

Ok. If you can't change people attitude (bus driver attitude), change your attitude. It is easier to change your attitude than someone else attitude, if you want to.

Greeting the bus driver when you alight may cool down their stress. No harm to try :) .

Regards,
Arto.

One of those that make this thread interesting...

Yappy & happy

Well happens once in a while, suggest you report him and the standard PRO reply would be action had been taken but no other details.
From here onwards it depends on weather you want to carry on further and can do the following :-
1) Demand to know what action had been taken
2) Request for black and white reply by them
3) See if the action taken is justified and request for a copy of warning letter if that is what they say they issue
4) Demand to know if the above mentioned is actually carried out with proof or just mentioned to you to entertain you
5) Demand apology from driver if above is proven as it means they have accepted the fact that the driver is wrong
6) Ask to know what will happen if similar incident happens again and how they are going to educate their bus captain
7) After whatever from above point audit them and the system..........can go on forever leh :bsmilie:

Yo GetMeCrazy...let me guess...izzit Bus 133 at about 8am plus one?

One of the driver was inconsiderate and rude to us too...

It was pouring/raining.
The bus stopped behind another bus, and his bus is already in the bus bay.
So we walked towards his bus and stopped at the door.
He looked elsewhere and raised his finger and point to the front.
Only when the front bus move away, he move forward (very frontal, nearly going out of bus stop) and decide to open the door for us. All of us kana the rain liao lor..
he gave a sneer look and bor-chay us..

Same, he drove so slowly then i only reach AMK bus stop (not interchange) more than 20min later ...ie...only 6 stops (short distance) away.

not to mention cyclists who ride on the roads. very dangerous.

eh.. no place for the cyclists in singapore.. i recalled sometimes back someone complained about cyclists on the pavements.. :D

oh yah...forgot to mention...
at traffic lights, during red lights, he will raised his arm and put behind his head and rest..(wonder did he close his eyes).. and when the lights turn green, it took him a while before he moves off..

that was the PEAK HOUR hor..:thumbsd:

oh yah...forgot to mention...
at traffic lights, during red lights, he will raised his arm and put behind his head and rest..(wonder did he close his eyes).. and when the lights turn green, it took him a while before he moves off..

that was the PEAK HOUR hor..:thumbsd:

sounds like you need youtube... :devil:

You should have said "yes, call an ambulance". That way t would have gone on his record and you'd be amazed how quickly his mood will change. Or contact SBS/SMRT and report him.

Hahaha, x2. Everyone backs down in the face of serious action.

beg your pardon...

I'm not a Singaporean!! en expat wrking in an MNC bank here!! not sure he would have reacted the same way to a Singaporean though!!

I dinn wanna make a point on his action on Closing the door...i admit that he need to be on time..bla...blaa....!!

My point is on his illiterate behaviour and the way he showed his stress on his job!!
Will you crash the PC u are wrking in? shred the office documents - if u are in Stress??
If something bad happens to the passengers inside or to the ppl outside cuz' of his rash behavior...who pays for it..??it'z the same NUTTY absent minded fella!!

it'z not the matter of low income/high income - it'z basic human nature which he should posess at his job!! IMHO, i'm sure you wonn say the same words - if it has happened to you!! :dunno:

This is singapore, dun expect culture to change to suit you.

Have you ever worked in the customer service industries before? If not, its hard for you to understand, even you understand, have u experienced it first hand? I guess you have to study more on human behaviour.

Have you ever worked in the customer service industries before? If not, its hard for you to understand, even you understand, have u experienced it first hand? I guess you have to study more on human behaviour.

This is no excuse for staying in the status quo where customer service is in question though. Just because it's hard, does not mean we simply sit back and give up.

The world will be a much better place when everyone gives more then they expect to receive. :)

Hi,

Today me n my 2 friends wanna board in a ### bus. I ran quickly and got in, while my frends (3 secs away) followed me....when I turned and look for them... the driver, who knows that my friends are running towards the bus, closed the door suddenly. the doors hit my arm badly. I asked him, "I was waiting for my friends..why did you closed the door suddenly?? It hit my hands.."

He braked the bus from starting from the bus stop...and with a humiliating face and voice he retorted 'Oh..is it?? Do you wann me to call the Ambulance for you??'

I was pissed of with his response... he repeated the question...and I just walked off..ignoring him...there were many passengers..why to waste their time by arguing with that un-cultured idiot!!I'm an expat wrking here...wondering will he be responding in the same way for EVERYBODY??

Till i get down, he was driving harshly,braking hard...causing in-convinience to other passengers...

I still remember the face of a bus driver who was saying 'Good Morning' to every passenger who boards into the bus...apparently from the same bus company! the other extreme of the former IDIOT!!

May god gives him good patience and some anti - depressent tablets!!

cheerz
Get

i've seen so many similar bus driver.
Hope some ah beng will beat up that kind of drivers like the case recently :bsmilie:

And btw, strangely, those that irritating are mostly middle aged driver.

Just youtube the thing. I seriously think that some of these bus drivers do not enjoy the job and just take it as a form of income. Hence, no pride in the work.

Its not uncommon in Spore, to look at a child strangely when he says he wants to be a bus driver when he grows up. Or taxi driver, or train driver for that matter....

And I also wonder if aptitude is a criteria when hiring bus drivers.

:)

When you say "this is SINGAPORE, dun expect culture to change to suit you", you seem to imply that .... bus driver == singapore culture. Do you mean the culture as the singapore society culture ? If so, can I infer that the bus driver action is representative of the singapore culture ? that singaporeans in general behaves like the bus driver ?

Hi,

Today me n my 2 friends wanna board in a ### bus. I ran quickly and got in, while my frends (3 secs away) followed me....when I turned and look for them... the driver, who knows that my friends are running towards the bus, closed the door suddenly. the doors hit my arm badly. I asked him, "I was waiting for my friends..why did you closed the door suddenly?? It hit my hands.."

He braked the bus from starting from the bus stop...and with a humiliating face and voice he retorted 'Oh..is it?? Do you wann me to call the Ambulance for you??'

I was pissed of with his response... he repeated the question...and I just walked off..ignoring him...there were many passengers..why to waste their time by arguing with that un-cultured idiot!!I'm an expat wrking here...wondering will he be responding in the same way for EVERYBODY??

Till i get down, he was driving harshly,braking hard...causing in-convinience to other passengers...

I still remember the face of a bus driver who was saying 'Good Morning' to every passenger who boards into the bus...apparently from the same bus company! the other extreme of the former IDIOT!!

May god gives him good patience and some anti - depressent tablets!!

cheerz
Get
Dun have to ask God to give him good patience.

Just simply say (or shout), "YES I WILL NEED A GODDAMNED AMBULANCE TO SEND ME AND OTHER PASSENGERS TO HOSPITAL AND SEND U TO THE ASYLUM MR [insert name] OF [insert bus company name] BUS NUMBER [insert license plate]."

When you say "this is SINGAPORE, dun expect culture to change to suit you", you seem to imply that .... bus driver == singapore culture. Do you mean the culture as the singapore society culture ? If so, can I infer that the bus driver action is representative of the singapore culture ? that singaporeans in general behaves like the bus driver ?

think you have to study more on our local culture already.

think you have to study more on our local culture already.

It's more of a case of your inability to expound or elaborate on the statement you made. It's seems easier to brush it off as another's comprehension problems, than to backup your statement.

Dude.. Chill down...I've not posted this thread to discuss bot Singapore Culture..or to benchmark the same with other cultures..

Since I'm not living in Singapore since my first breadth, and have seen Nice ppl around in my 4 yrs stay here,first time I was shocked by the Bus driver's behavior. Since Kopitiam is a good venue to get ppl's view and ideas, I posted to get people's suggestions/reactions.

If i'm facing this kind'a issue everyday, then I salute your statement.

I was surprised to know from you that, In order to understand a human behavior, I need to have some work experience in so called 'Customer Service Industry' :) ... lesson taken! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.