are you tired of IT line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, btw, 9live, u better not stop at CCNA, at least must hv CCNP. Coz CCNA too easy, people look u no up if u try to use tht as bargain chip...kekekkee:D

Originally posted by Wai

according to the test center, he broke the record and also, he never failed any of the modules b4

aiyo, MCSE is chicken feet, I also self-study through books. All passed with one go, never fail any module before. my highest record is less than 10 mins,the investigator was shocked, "so fast ?" she asked.

It worthless lar MCSE but the market need it. :(

ckiang also in IT right?? programmer?

shadus, I know, but CCNA is not easy i heard......

shadus is a DBA btw . ;) /me whistle

The company I'm working for now has only 1 female consultant/developer. Si eh sian.. hehehehe..

But People's Support/Accounting dept got a lot of cute girls ;)

I still not sian leh.. haha.. I only join the IT work force 5 months ago. I also wonder will I still be in this line at 45.

:)

Generally, it sad to say that in local IT context or even in this region, especially in big companies, management path is more recognise than technical path.

It pays to be a management staff/consultant compared to developer/administrator!

In my opinion, if you have a basic degree cert in IT, the next best thing to do is to get a MBA/MSc,etc...at least it will comes in more handy compared to MCSE.
As for those who did not have a IT degree, it not too late to get one. ;)

Originally posted by ninelives

maddog,
but financial consultant earn a bomb ! i remember this guy compansated her wife 58 million for a divorce and he only want his guitar back. LMAO. :D

it was on strait times.

Not all financial consultants earn alot...;p have to be so careful with what they say to their clients...if negligently say something wrong....ohoh they pro. indemnity claims are going to be sky rocketing......esp. in US

58mil? the recent P.L claim on the Tv is even more shocking...

Old hag gets lung cancer...sues philip morris (cant remember the name of company buts its a major tabacco producer) for a few mil for not telling her that smoking causes lung cancer.....

Court awards her a few billions...making her the 3rd richest person below gates n buffet...isnt that better?? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by ninelives

aiyo, MCSE is chicken feet, I also self-study through books. All passed with one go, never fail any module before. my highest record is less than 10 mins,the investigator was shocked, "so fast ?" she asked.

It worthless lar MCSE but the market need it. :(

time to go dotnet .... :rbounce:

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

I am a MCSE, RHCE...feeling very complacent in IT also. Thinking of selling roti and kaya...:rbounce:

i can give you a name for your shop ... rotiTALK ... same concept as breadtalk but it is the roti prata in business ... :light:

Originally posted by Revo

Not all financial consultants earn alot...;p have to be so careful with what they say to their clients...if negligently say something wrong....ohoh they pro. indemnity claims are going to be sky rocketing......esp. in US

58mil? the recent P.L claim on the Tv is even more shocking...

Old hag gets lung cancer...sues philip morris (cant remember the name of company buts its a major tabacco producer) for a few mil for not telling her that smoking causes lung cancer.....

Court awards her a few billions...making her the 3rd richest person below gates n buffet...isnt that better?? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

earn a bomb = during harvest time ...
lose a bomb = wartime ...

not easy lah ... hard money, hard life !!:cry:

I have no respect for ppl with MCSE.

If CCNP, then wah. CCNE :eek:
If double CCDE and CCNE, wah wah. :D

Btw: Whats better? :D

Originally posted by Zoomer

CCNP ...

Hi Ninelives,

I am in IT and I love it!

I tend to prefer handling projects on a case by case basis, that way i am not tied to any one technology. More like orchastrating a myriad of technologies and resources to solution something.

Try to look at it this way, what other jobs allows u to go for endless training and upgrading; and play with the latest toys and technologies???

Yup, the price is that u must keep urself up to date. The other path is to take a technology that never dies and stick to it... eg. COBOL, C, UNIX, rdbms - Oracle, Informix, etc. Then u become some sort of guru...

Yeah, I also love to program but doing less of it these dayz...
;)

Originally posted by Zplus
Hi Ninelives,
Yup, the price is that u must keep urself up to date. The other path is to take a technology that never dies and stick to it... eg. COBOL, C, UNIX, rdbms - Oracle, Informix, etc. Then u become some sort of guru...
;)

Good say Zplus! :thumbsup:
If I'm going to stick to technical path, I would rather be a guru jack of all trades but master of NULL! In term of job and salary stability (should be better paid), Guru are in a much better position.....;)

technical positions are not valued in asia.
for those with technical aspiration, seriously consider how to get to the states.
so far, all my managers hv asked me to go into managerial path when possible if i'm still working in asia.

well, what matters is make money and contribute to society :D

and of course contribute to economy !! :rbounce:

Originally posted by Zoomer

u go to sleep is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.