Are you pissed with Digital Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only issue I am so pissed off, is that the techology moves so fast! what is the latest today will be out of date by tomorrow!!!

Anyone get pissed off by those annoying dust inside the CCD? how do u digi bugs live with it, esp out in the field shooting some events? (wedding, canoe competition, catwalk alley, etc) do u clean it there & then, or continue shooting & patch up the dust blotches in Pshop?

please, not the Jed joke about getting an ultrazoom lens & solder it onto the camera permenantly. ;)

HeWolf said:
Hi

I got damn pissed driving a car too.

worrying about road tax, insurrance. fuel tank runing empty, price hike of petrol, regular servicing, diy checks like battery water and tyre pressure, traffic offences, regular topping up of parking cupon and cash card and pump tyre, fear of deliberate vandalisation, and those non deliberate ones like people open door and bang into yours, then bird ****, and the regular vacum and washing, also got to send friends home, blah...blah....

Then how? back to public transport?

Did I answer your question? :)

I really think this was a great answer and you DID answered the question.
Cool. :cool:

amateur_photographer said:
yes, I'm pissed! because I cannot afford a DSLR yet :D

same here! DSLR is really not cheap. But i think it helps shorten the learning curve :)

nightpiper said:
Anyone get pissed off by those annoying dust inside the CCD? how do u digi bugs live with it, esp out in the field shooting some events? (wedding, canoe competition, catwalk alley, etc) do u clean it there & then, or continue shooting & patch up the dust blotches in Pshop?

please, not the Jed joke about getting an ultrazoom lens & solder it onto the camera permenantly. ;)

Hey,
thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt by answering your questions forthrightly, but it looks like you were just trying to troll after all! If you feel so insecure about film that you need to go around making ignorant jibes at digital, then you are one sorry fellow!

dkw said:
Hey,
thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt by answering your questions forthrightly, but it looks like you were just trying to troll after all! If you feel so insecure about film that you need to go around making ignorant jibes at digital, then you are one sorry fellow!

Yah, I also kinda got that kind of feeling. What's the point?

If u like film, just do film, if u like digital, then go digital. No need to use film and try to emphasize the cons of digital just coz many more people are using digital nowadays.

I dare say that as a newbie, going digital had made me learn more about photography at the minimal costs. And it had also enable me to take more good photos then someone who start film photography at the same time as me.

So, just use what u like, no need to emphasize the cons of other users. So far, I do not have problem with using digital. :thumbsup:

nightpiper said:
if all these problems r totally acceptable, then why the big fuss over film vs digital? so for once, why not tell those who wants to know DP, whats the thing that keeps u hanging on even with such known problems?

First of all, I see digital photography and print photography as separate forms of art. It's like watching a play in a theatre as opposed to watching a movie in a cinema. It's a similar medium but different skills are involved in pre and post production.

Secondly, I guess nothing is perfect, not even digital technology. However, digital photography is a lot more convenient and cost-effective than print photography in my opinion. I also feel that despite its flaws, it does allow a lot more creative freedom to tweak and enhance your photos.

Print photography will always have a place in my heart and I guess I can say that for most photographers here. Like many, I learned to use the camera way before digital cameras were available and the skills I learned from the former have made me appreciate digital photography a lot more. So instead of comparing the two, I'd say they both complement each other in many ways.

I would recommend anyone to try print photography (esp B/W) at least once for experience.

I'm pissed off when my CCD get dirt again... :angry:

Digital vs Film.....Nikon vs Canon.....it goes on and on:dunno:

i'm pissed off with photography. why can't i just look at a scene and the perfect photograph appears in my hands?

;( :angry:

jbma said:
Digital vs Film.....Nikon vs Canon.....it goes on and on:dunno:

Reminds me of the chicken and egg thingy...which comes first...and now is which one is beta.Never ending story....... :p

zaren said:
i'm pissed off with photography. why can't i just look at a scene and the perfect photograph appears in my hands?

;( :angry:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :thumbsup:
Best answer yet! Next up, an implantable camera that reads off your optic nerve.....just wait for it.....

dkw said:
Hey,

don't get me wrong lah folks. actually wanted to ask about this dust in CCD question in a PM to u, dkw. i thought u seem to have good suggestions thats why i put it out in the open to share. definitely not in an attempt to create a film vs digital flame war.

to be honest, i m asking all these becos i m contemplating to go digital. not just for me but also for those thinking of going into digital as well. so info like these is very helpful & useful. do shed more lights or work around to such issues. :)

nightpiper said:
don't get me wrong lah folks. actually wanted to ask about this dust in CCD question in a PM to u, dkw. i thought u seem to have good suggestions thats why i put it out in the open to share. definitely not in an attempt to create a film vs digital flame war.

to be honest, i m asking all these becos i m contemplating to go digital. not just for me but also for those thinking of going into digital as well. so info like these is very helpful & useful. do shed more lights or work around to such issues. :)

Alrighty,
there is a taunting tone to your posts, and your original title is quite provocative, dun you think? How 'bout something like; 'I've heard these are some of the issues about digital, can anybody clarify...', much nicer and people will be more than willing to help right?

Small bits of dust in the sensor hardly ever cause any image quality issues. Larger bits will cause blotchiness if you stop down the lens to shoot, and I'm talking here at least f11 and smaller (my experience only). I've had a few long exposure shots taken at f22 where there was some obvious blotching due to dust in one of my cams. I clean my sensor only about once every 3-6 months, and generally it is fine, no problems with image quality, and this is considering I switch my lenses around quite a bit.

nightpiper said:

WaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiIIIIIIITTTTTT.

What Jed joke about getting an ultrazoom lens & solder it onto the camera permanently?

Im so pissed with my digicam I piss on it daily.

HeWolf said:
Hi

I got damn pissed driving a car too.

worrying about road tax, insurrance. fuel tank runing empty, price hike of petrol, regular servicing, diy checks like battery water and tyre pressure, traffic offences, regular topping up of parking cupon and cash card and pump tyre, fear of deliberate vandalisation, and those non deliberate ones like people open door and bang into yours, then bird ****, and the regular vacum and washing, also got to send friends home, blah...blah....

Then how? back to public transport?

Did I answer your question? :)

Well, this also bags the question whether with advancements in technology, are we happier than before?

Will the heavy investment in a car, I am sure it would be in anyone's interest to fully utilise it, else it would become a white elephant. This then becomes an issue of whether one is utilising it simply for the sake of utilising it. Unless you are a sales person which requires you to zoom around Singapore, isn't taking taxi a cheaper and less stressful alternative?

IMHO taking numerous photos without taking a break to analyse the output wouldn't really help to improve one's photography either.

Minoxman said:
Im so pissed with my digicam I piss on it daily.

my ex boss is a rouge, he swears daily and spits on his handphone when he is cursing the person on the receiving end. he still uses the phone i guess.

does it mean that for normal daily use with a F5.6 or F8, there shouldn't be any dust problems? so will it be a good idea to use a hand rubber blower to clear some dust inside the camera when changing lens?

when it comes to ultra wide angles, wouldn't that introduce a lot of distortion? normally, u can't always find an ideal situation where u can adjust the camera parallel to the ground to reduce distortion. any work around on that one?

sorry about my thread headlines. its meant to be read as: what solution u have when u r pissed with a problem in DP. i was expecting people giving out solutions to their problems rather then one liner comments. but its fun to read them. ;)

As for Jed, its just someone teasing u in one of the threads. nothing serious, really. maybe i should start a "What Jed might say" thread. just kidding!! :D

Don't you hate it when your negatives get scratched, lost, wrongly developed???

Ever had to scan slides in?? Takes forever and the quality is not that great.

I LOVE DIGITAL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.