Apple vs Samsung

if finger gestures are ubiquotus and somethings users cant do without.... why didnt anybody thought about using it? Isnt it as simple as using your fingers to dig your nose or ears ? Then why were people using stylus to dig their nose before that ? And using scroll bars with stylus to scroll the screen .... or the famous 'D' pad.

Perhaps i should patent using fingers to dig nose..... so that i get royalties from 7 bil population who use their fingers for digging their nose.

and i could guess the reaction of the officer who'll process ur application.. :bsmilie:

Urmm ... because the pathetic patent battle has tarnished people's respect, expectation and admiration for the Apple's brand name even though they won the case in their turf? :)

dont understand why people would buy samsung...

574518_402995606429600_2099404592_n.jpg

Last edited:
kekeke ... is also a little like a car manufacturer who filed that anything that moves and has 4 wheels is in violation for their patent if it is not their product :)

No doubt that the iphone is an innovative and wonderful piece of gadget. But seriously, from wat I understand about the suit, some of the claims are somewhat absurb and silly. Its like uncle A comes up with chendol and patent it as ice shaving dessert with condiments. Then he sues every other uncle for making ice kachang, ice jelly, red ruby, ice longan with beancurd tofu....

The danger for Apple is that it relies heavily on 1 product - iphone. Although they do sell macbooks and desktop computers, ipod and ipad. I think public will get tired of the ipad/tablet concept eventually.

People's taste change. At one time Motorola Razor was hot. Now Motorola has been sold to Google. Likewise, the iphone may one day be unpopular.

Google has not shown its hand yet in this law suit. Waiting for the right moment to strike. Apple is afraid of the Android competition.
Microsoft is also biding its time.

After Steven Jobs died, Apple has a creativity famine. The new guy Tim Cook cannot.

Last edited:

I think that real concern (apart from others) is the use of anti competitive tactics by the most well capitalized company .... Brand fighting is a distraction from the real issues :)

Last edited:
I think that real concern (apart from others) is the use of anti competitive tactics by the most well capitalized company .... Brand fighting is a distraction from the real issues :)

Well wasn't this the same tactics M$ was sued for in many countries, regarding IE, but funny that Apple, doesn't get sued for the same thing, with Safari the default browser install.

Different laws for different companies. Apple is NOW more restrictive in all ways than M$ ever was, as everything is tightly integrated via iTunes!

Just will mean less choices for consumers. Apple Dominance ALL costs.

Cheers

Deyeno said:
Well wasn't this the same tactics M$ was sued for in many countries, regarding IE, but funny that Apple, doesn't get sued for the same thing, with Safari the default browser install.

Different laws for different companies. Apple is NOW more restrictive in all ways than M$ ever was, as everything is tightly integrated via iTunes!

Just will mean less choices for consumers. Apple Dominance ALL costs.

Cheers

Re IE, because MS has 90% market PC share. Apple Mac has barely 10%.

Apple being restrictive, but they are not anti competitive. When you charge a premium for your product and the public buy it willingly, it's market forces. When you offer your things for free to get market dominance and crush your competition in order to monopolize, that's anti trust.

Many people are just looking at apple being the aggressor without looking at who is the real aggressor here. If you value your work, it will be worth something. When you are giving something that's worth 30-40% market share away for free. Your motive is questionable.

(edit - need to rephrase this)

Many do not need a fancy phone. They just need a phone to make a call, send short text message and snap photo with low 3.2 MP camera. That's it.

They have no need for internet connection, 1000's of apps, video camera, video playback, photo editing on the phone, iTunes connection, music playback, so-called swipe mutlitouch screens, accelerometer, multiple icons, WIFI, wireless video streaming, email on phone and electronic phone wallet.

Not everyone needs nor can afford a multi-purpose mobile phone.
The manufacturers of simpler (and thus cheaper) phones can start a marketing campaign to convince consumers that actually, they don't need many of the features of high-end phones.

Worldwide, in real life this is true, although in Singapore it may not be apparent. There is no need to spend too much. That is why "others" still holds lion's market share.

This is to reverse the local trend of going after the latest gadget.
At some point enough is enough (for a particular person's needs).

(edit)

Last edited:
Many do not need a fancy phone. They just need a phone to make a call, send short text message and snap photo with low 3.2 MP camera. That's it.

They have no need for internet connection, 1000's of apps, video camera, video playback, photo editing on the phone, iTunes connection, music playback, so-called swipe mutlitouch screens, accelerometer, multiple icons, WIFI, wireless video streaming, email on phone and electronic phone wallet.

One way to destroy the companies making everything-can-do phones, is to start a marketing campaign to convince consumers that actually, they don't need this.

Many people dont need 24 mega pixel, ISO 25600, F 0.95, 1080/24p HD video, ... but, if any camera companies dont offer them, they are not competitive. ... consumers, tho dont need them, but since they are paying for it, will want to have it.

Do we really need reverse camera in a car? Once upon a time, reverse sensor is state of art. Now, if any cars dont come with reverse sensor, they are not good enough.

Once upon a time, internet was a luxury,... now it is a necessity.

Once upon a time, a brick motorola mobile phone is only for the super rich. Now, everyone carries a smart phone with 3G connection minimum.... 4G on the way.

we dont need any of the above? Dont kid ourselves. ... perhaps we should start learning how to use the abacus and stop using the calculator,.. cause we dont need them.

Last edited:
if finger gestures are ubiquotus and somethings users cant do without.... why didnt anybody thought about using it? Isnt it as simple as using your fingers to dig your nose or ears ? Then why were people using stylus to dig their nose before that ? And using scroll bars with stylus to scroll the screen .... or the famous 'D' pad.

Perhaps i should patent using fingers to dig nose..... so that i get royalties from 7 bil population who use their fingers for digging their nose.

Have to disappoint you though because there is prior art. Some 10^11 people already been do it before. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;rAtje5weAU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtje5weAU0[/video]

One way to destroy the companies making everything-can-do phones, is to start a marketing campaign to convince consumers that actually, they don't need this. Go get a life, instead of fussing over a phone.

You can do the same to destroy many many companies, be it computers, car, tripod, camera, shower gel, shampoo, clothing, etc.. But you won't succeed.

Almost everything in life is not needed today. What do you need for life? You just need shelter, the most basic food (sufficient calories), water, sanitation, etc. Why do you need a 3 room HDB even? You just need a little shack below Sheares Bridge. :bsmilie:

An apple a day keeps Samsung away.

UncleFai said:
The reverse is happening... Samsung jumping ship to Windows 8.

Difference is, they have to pay Microsoft for license fees for windows 8. Google is offering android for free. So android devices wl definitely be cheaper than windows 8 devices.

Thats the main issue apple have with android. They stole... No, copied their technology and give it away for free (dumping...) while making money from ads. Apple and other software vendors are making money from sale of devices.

While dumping of products/hardware (DRAM by Samsung at one time) was considered illegal and anti competitive, dumping of software is not illegal.

Last edited:
Thats the main issue apple have with android. They stole... No, copied their technology and give it away for free (dumping...) while making money from ads. Apple and other software vendors are making money from sale of devices.

I am uneducated about this, would you please substantiate upon this claim?

I would love to also hear your views on how 'iCloud' or whatever it is called, differs from the cloud that Google already had pre-existing?

Shizuma said:
I am uneducated about this, would you please substantiate upon this claim?

I would love to also hear your views on how 'iCloud' or whatever it is called, differs from the cloud that Google already had pre-existing?

iCloud, google drive, ms skydrive are no OS. Are they? They are not even Eco system.

What is your view about android and iOS then ?