Apache AH-64 A/C 069 Crash Landed 300910

Haha! I was there, too! Mata tried to chase us away, but a bit half hearted lah.

Summore nearby got one pri sch, dismissal time already, so the kids and parents started to crowd around. A bit of carnival atmosphere.

But seriously, I think the pilot must made quite a good controlled landing. The landing gear and chin-mounted turret is intact. In a more serious crash, these components are designed to smash into the fuselage, helping to absorb the impact of the crash.

I think that is a pretty dumb statement :thumbsd:. To have a emergency landing in crowded singapore is not a joking matter. Had the apache lost control and smash into the primary school or any of the residential blocks.... I cannot imagine the figure of the lives lost.

I hope you are not thinking the same when our RSN ship collided with a merchant ship and we lost 4 sailors... To have another crash, in order to catch the "action"

Actually they should have brought in the Chinnook to airlift the chopper rather then the hugh comercial crane....but then the entire park would have been flattened.......:dunno:

I know the 4 digit tail number, but i wun say haha

The Apache serial number is 01-2069.

The crashed Apache was on static display during the Singapore Airshow 2010.

Thanks for the photos.