Anyone with experience with Singapore f1 before?(marina bay circuit)

Nehe99

Dec 9, 2016
Singapore
Hi everyone, I am just wondering if it is a must to get tickets to have a better and closer shot at the f1 cars? It is Padang grandstand(3 days) I am currently interested. If it is not the case, where would you recommend to have a great shot(without getting the tickets)? Cheers and thanks in advance.

This is probably the wrong subforum to post questions, it's for sharing of photos

I have not shot at the F1 before, so can only share what other photographers say...
Usually photographers get the walkabout tickets, and get a spot really early at the popular turns (I think turn 10 most popular?)
May still try your hand at panning if at the grandstand, but usually photographers move around for different kinds of shots and backgrounds
As there are 2 layers of fences surrounding the circuit, you need a telephoto lens with large aperture and get as close to the fence as possible to 'blur' away the fence eg 300mm f2.8 and above.
If you don't want to get a ticket, may consider booking a hotel room with a view of the circuit, though prices around that period will almost certainly be hiked up. Or if you are lucky or know people you can get access to one of the office buildings.
Good luck :)

A good view for free? Where have you been in the past years? :D The event is set up to make money from ticket byuing visitors. Even the smallest chance of a free glimpse is blocked (although not only to block hobby photographers).Since the circuit layout and design of stages is nearly the same every year you can browse through the past years' threads, many pictures also have details about the location. Most can be found is 'Reportage and Sports' section:
https://www.clubsnap.com/forums/reportage-and-sports.31/
Enjoy the show.