Anyone tried this lens - Tokina AF 20-35 f3.5-4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

trd2970

Jun 8, 2005
Thinking of getting the above lens to try out on my KM5D - anyone used this before? ;)

trd2970 said:
Thinking of getting the above lens to try out on my KM5D - anyone used this before? ;)

not very good, around $300 for 2 hand, wait i think there's a f3.5 version or f2.8 one too, let me go check

Thanks GENP - A colleague is selling cheap to me at $200 - thinking whether to give it a try.

trd2970 said:
Thanks GENP - A colleague is selling cheap to me at $200 - thinking whether to give it a try.

yes, got f2.8, better to get that one...more solid build!! 20-35mm f2.8
:thumbsup:

I have this lens.
The one with an orange ring right?

I am using it for the 7D.
Construction is quite solid. ( Metal not some plasticky stuff )
Unfortunately for performance wise, I can't comment.
Cause my lens got attacked by fungus, and now there are markings in the inner elements :(
However, it is good enough for me =) ( I seldom print 8R )

Here are some samples.
( Most should be by the tokina, the other lens I have on me then is the 50mm minolta, which is too tight to use most of the time )

If you are getting it or trying it out, do check for focusing on your camera since it is an old lens.
Take care that focusing with an wide angle lens can be tricky if you are doing off centre, large aperture focus.

Cheers.

Note : I had not use or own other wide angles lens.

I have this lens. The only draw back is the aperture which is at f3.5. At times, I find that the depth of view is not that great, maybe I used f3.5 most of the time, so the depth is not there. Overall, picture is generally sharp and you have the wide angle (The wide angle on the digital camera should be smaller).

If possible, try to get the lens 20-35 f2.8. It is F2.8 stop throughout, so you need not worries about low light.

I love to use this lens, as it gives me the wide angle on my 35mm SLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.