Anyone still doing or interested in Large Format?

sweat100, I'm tentative for the shoot, but I have ICT starting on 27th so I might not attend.

I guess non-LF owners could get their own film holder first? :sweatsm:How much does 1 go for these days?

anyways I have to go look for my rail clamp..zzz

Hey guys, first post here. :D

Always been interested in large format ever since I started messing around in the school darkroom. Do you guys know of anywhere to get LF equipment? Been asking around all the camera shops in the Peninsular/ Adelphi area for nearly 2 years and I haven't encountered any.

It's really great to see this thread here! There was a couple of LF threads in this sub-forum but they all kind of died out after a few days.

I got my F1 set off a CSer here years ago. Bought a lense off Ebay and another from a camera fair in Australia. But ya, dunno whats the market like here too.

I did this at the BG in 2007 dec, 30mins to setup, shift and tilt to flatten the leave to film plane... another 30mins to wait for the sun to go away and no breeze moment, self dev, whole night of scanning and PS... ;)

2123156198_9f733549ae.jpg

DROOLZZZ!!!!! :sweat: :sweatsm: :lovegrin:

I have thought of a plan. I can make it on 25th or 26th of July, but I am worried that on the 25th July, there will be NDP rehearsal. Can anyone confirm that? Prefernce will be 26th July.

Location of shoot: Merlion overlooking esplanade.

Reason of location: It may sound pretty mundane place but it an area that have a vast space for you to setup your tripod and slowly frame till you happy. Allow others a chance who wants to use the LF camera to have a feel. Wont get chased out by people.

For non LF users:
Since there are a few in this thread who does not have an LF camera but wants to have a feel and shoot with it. If there are around 10 participants for this outing, we can get a box of slides from Ruby or Cathay or can use your own. You can use my camera to take a photo in the vicinity of esplande (not too much moving around after camera have been setup). After you shoot already, I can help send all the slides to fotohub to get it developed and meet up next weekend to look at the slides.
But you have to bare the cost of the slides processing and the slide film. Each individual can shoot more than 1 shot, you just have to pay the extra charge of film and processing. The final goal is to get 10 shots because 1 box have 10 slides. Those interested can PM me and we can work that out.

Time: 5pm at esplanade entrance where the seats are

Reason for proposed time: It takes a while (20+min to set things up and waiting). The explanation on LF camera operation would take some time as well (30+min). I reckon by 6+ to 7+ everyone would have know how to shoot with it and we will wait for the dusk and shoot.

Things to bring: LF camera (for those who has)
Compact camera/DSLR etc for those who does not have LF camera. You can use this to frame your shots and get the correct spot to shoot later.
Water

Wet weather plans: Postponed to 1 Aug or till after National day

This outing is meant for those LF users who wants to share their knowledge to people who are interested in LF and keep the this format on-going. I hope when people sign up for it, they will be there on that day because if no one shows up and only a few LF users show up, it would not be very good as they have to lug all the heavy equipment.

If there are less than 3 people for this meet up, it may have to be cancelled or postponed.

Name list
1. sweat100
2. DM 25th better for me, but as mentiond ... is there a NDP rehersal?

GREAT IDEA sweat100!!!

But are we shooting the Merlion from the Esplanade, or the Esplanade from the Merlion (since the meeting point is at the Esplanade)?

Welcome Royaux.

Are you interested in LF as well?

School more important, but if the passion is there, a way can always be found.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's good to start reading up about LF cameras and photography first. That way the learning process is smoother. :cool:

now here's something unique :)

Brilliant Royaux, you are most welcome to put any
questions here.

The ultimate destiny for the group will have the
possibility of an exciting change.

There is no limit when everyone is willing to give
his or her views positively contributing in one way or another.

This will enhance members to take the correct actions for this new LF group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How often can we have a chance to work with people who
say how much they would love to be known as a person
who gives beyond anything they could imagine.

:);)

wah, as the group gets larger, i suggest that we order a pot of coffee. More value for money... hahaha....

Buy our own Lavazza machine win liao! :bsmilie:

sweat100, I'm tentative for the shoot, but I have ICT starting on 27th so I might not attend.

I guess non-LF owners could get their own film holder first? :sweatsm:How much does 1 go for these days?

anyways I have to go look for my rail clamp..zzz

I have a couple of film holders, so is enough for every participant if it is around 10. :)

Sorry, but what's 'NE'? and does that mean we can't shoot on the 25th? :sweat:

Thanks. So will the NDP preview for school kids be a problem if we're shooting in the vicinity?