Anyone going Spore garden fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it veri difficult to get shots? alot of ppl jostling ard, that u can't get a proper shot without heads?

Remember to bring your NTUC/Passion card if you have, the discount is great at 40%.. so instead of $12, you pay only $7... Too bad I totally forgotten about them and had to pay the full price.. :(

I went and shot..... :D

My 'Virgin' shots using a DSLR after upgrading.. :p

#1 - Flower Spider

325567910_1fa13698f0_b.jpg

#2 - Sunflowers outside window

325567920_71fb153733_b.jpg

#3 - Army of Cactus

325567940_fc9c57bab4_b.jpg

Please forgive me if the pixs didn't turn out well...

Any comments or criticism for improvement is very much appreciated

#4 - Army of Cactus

325567956_90179ae465_b.jpg

The website http://www.singaporegardenfestival.com/ticketing.htm doesn't mention about the discount for NTUC leh.. where you get the info ar?

Remember to bring your NTUC/Passion card if you have, the discount is great at 40%.. so instead of $12, you pay only $7... Too bad I totally forgotten about them and had to pay the full price.. :(

The website http://www.singaporegardenfestival.com/ticketing.htm doesn't mention about the discount for NTUC leh.. where you get the info ar?

Yes, it is true. Just ask during your registration on the ground floor.
Actually, I found out after buying the ticket which is $12/person. Or else is $7.
Not too sure why the website and newspaper did not put this on it.
Anyway, go and have a look at the flower show. It is more better than computer show.
At least something different and we don't get to see so many flowers at one time. More importantly is indoors. You don't sweat under the sun. Just bring whatever camera, tripod, flash, accesss.... Alot of thing to take and up to your skill and time you spent inside this two level of flowers, landscape, design, art... enjoy.

i went there on monday and i think it was really great and definitely of world class standards.

however, one photographer's behaviour at the event digusted me a lot. while trying to take pictures with his camera mounted on a tripod (he was using a giottos MT-9160 i think), he kind of like brush people aside and even almost trip a child over with the extended tripod legs. when he moved back to get a wider shot of the flowers, he whistled at the crowd and kept saying "hello, hello" loudly in an attempt to get them out of his frame.

i think if he really dun want anybody in his shots he could have politely asked them to move away or just wait for the crowd to disperse. anyway i think by including some people in ur shots u can capture the atmosphere of the event better.

*phew* I was there on Monday with a heavy Manfrotto, luckily that wasn't me. The big crowds started coming in around 3pm. Some sites are very popular for snapshots, and some are under-appreciated which is good for a nice long tripod session :) Thinking of going again but hopefully the flowers don't look tired by then.

i went there on monday and i think it was really great and definitely of world class standards.

however, one photographer's behaviour at the event digusted me a lot. while trying to take pictures with his camera mounted on a tripod (he was using a giottos MT-9160 i think), he kind of like brush people aside and even almost trip a child over with the extended tripod legs. when he moved back to get a wider shot of the flowers, he whistled at the crowd and kept saying "hello, hello" loudly in an attempt to get them out of his frame.

i think if he really dun want anybody in his shots he could have politely asked them to move away or just wait for the crowd to disperse. anyway i think by including some people in ur shots u can capture the atmosphere of the event better.

Student price $3 only! I went for 2 straight days. Just bought a Sigma 70-300 and went to shoot macro for the first time.

It was quite interesting. I have some shots in my gallery. Might want to check it out first. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.