Any tips on seducing butterflies?

4. Catch and put inside fridge for 5-10mins then shoot in studio. Just trying to acchieve the above, but I really don't dare to do something like this. It is claim to be harmless to the insect as it starts moving normally as it warms up after a few mins out of the fridge. Fridge temp is probably like typical early spring.

this is something i've seen,

and maybe it is applicable to temperate regions. not in singapore. also, the chances of damaging the insect during the process of catching is definitely higher than zero.

this is something i've seen,

and maybe it is applicable to temperate regions. not in singapore. also, the chances of damaging the insect during the process of catching is definitely higher than zero.

i have read about this too, where can we catch butterflies in singapore?

and the idea of spray, sugary syrup sounds good too! shall try it when i have the time, hope i dun get too much ants :eek:

erm, try not to "catch and imprison" the butterflies for photography sake.. not too eco-friendly as it might cause the butterfly to die..

Instead, try to improve on creeping and camping skills and learn how the butterflies react and find out where they prefer to land..

Ever since I read Ray Bradbury's "A Sound of Thunder", I am fearful of accidentally killing butterflies.

The full short story can be read here

Butterflies are actually attracted more by the ammonia in urine. It doesn't need to be "pee in the morning" like someone posted above.

Sugar water doesn't work. It doesn't have smell.

your wet smelly socks with sweat :)

Pineapples help.

3787874472_8b0368c266_z.jpg

Sorry, what is your purpose in shooting the butterflies? Is it for fun?

Because if it is, I recommend that you don't. It's very likely you will harm them, accidentally or otherwise, and I see no need for such needless harm in the name of trying out something new...