any fireworks for NDP rehearsal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm..any good location for taking pictures???

Shears Bridge?? There goes the popular fireworks shooting location then. How about Tanjong Rhu? According to an old 2001 road map, the park connector ends at the ECP then the furthest you can go is east coast park. Has anyone walked further than that? Cause at the end of the park connector you're still not in line with the S'pore river.

No, they wont be firing the fireworks from the sheares bridge but from a floating platform beside the IR construction (Stated on the newspapers). The commandos will repel down the sheares bridge as part of the performance. I've been to the Combined Rehearsal so there is no way the fireworks will be fired from the bridge

If they rope down Shears Bridge then it would still be blocked off right? Also, from what I read in the newspapers they are taking all precautions for the fireworks. So although they are firing from a barge, they might want to sercure the area around it like the shears bridge from public?

No, they wont be firing the fireworks from the sheares bridge but from a floating platform beside the IR construction (Stated on the newspapers). The commandos will repel down the sheares bridge as part of the performance. I've been to the Combined Rehearsal so there is no way the fireworks will be fired from the bridge

If they rope down Shears Bridge then it would still be blocked off right? Also, from what I read in the newspapers they are taking all precautions for the fireworks. So although they are firing from a barge, they might want to sercure the area around it like the shears bridge from public?

Yes.. not firing from ontop of the bridge. but it will be fired close within the bridge area.. and due to security reasons, the bridge (and part of ECP would be closed) to prevent any unauthorised entry and due to safety reason as well.

Shears Bridge?? There goes the popular fireworks shooting location then. How about Tanjong Rhu? According to an old 2001 road map, the park connector ends at the ECP then the furthest you can go is east coast park. Has anyone walked further than that? Cause at the end of the park connector you're still not in line with the S'pore river.

No need to walk from East Coast. You can get there by Tanjong Rhu condo. Can take cab or bus 158.
Here is a old thread

Anyone interested in going to Tanjong Rhu to take photos for NDP fireworks?

No need to walk from East Coast. You can get there by Tanjong Rhu condo. Can take cab or bus 158.
Here is a old thread
Thanks. I did go there alone this afternoon using 158 as a direct bus from Serangoon Int. 1 hr to 1.5 hr travelling time. Walked all the way to the end of the park connector, but dare not walk along the costal bund to the proper site for shooting the fireworks. Got quite a few workers abt so dare not go further for safety reasons. The walk along the "path" after the ECP would be quite long, as long as the distance along the park connector from the bus stop to the ECP end. Instead, I walked left along the ECP towards the other end where you can find the steps up to the pedestrian part of the ECP and then walked to City Hall from there. No way to get a good shot from the ECP itself as far as I can see since this path does not lead you to the Esplanade side but insteads ends at Republic Blvd. No way to shoot from the park connector end casue of the ECP bridge going overhead and Millenia blocking the view.

I think if we want to shoot from Tanjong Rhu at the end part, there should be a arranged outing there with torchlight and in groups for safety reasons.

I would like to shoot from the Marina Promendade itself (the park along the river under shears bridge) but that place is going to be packed like sardines and the roads blocked for NDP.

hai, the shear bridge will be closed cause of the fireworks raining down from teh bridge mainly, n partly because of the commando!!! 14 07 07 will have fireworks, it's NE show 1!

I'm involved in NDP!

there's another link abt fireworks in the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.