any comment on using 2500mAh XX envelop batteries on their sb900 / sb910?

spoonkk

Aug 6, 2011
Any review on this? does higher capactity battery really going to cause any heat problem as some posted on internet?

Last edited:
Any review on this? does higher capactity battery really going to cause any heat problem as some posted on internet?
technically, the batteries did not cause the overheat problem, unless is faulty batteries.
the users shooting with flash in rapid firing mode causing the overheat problems.

didn't use them on the SB900, but ony MB10 instead.
No overheating problems

as long as you dun treat your flash like a machine gun, there will be no problem with the heat. barring manufacturing defect of course.

The cause for over heating lies about 4inch down and 4 inches to the right - it is called a trigger finger. When said trigger finger either press press press too many times or was used to set motor drive setting high speed then press and hold. Soon batteries become hot. Batteries by themselves do not get hot.

Have been using it for my canon flash, no such problem.

the battery will only affect how long your flash will last...

Been using them on my SB-900 and no such problem occurs to me yet :)

No difference that I detect whether using 1900mAh, 2100mAh and 2500mAh. It might be my usage pattern but all works great for me so far.