Another newbie learning to take food photos

blueskies: yeah, will be glad to have any form of 'guidance'.... so all can learn.... but if you have harsh words, can PM me also lar..

Hahahaa.....:nono:worry bro, to me, "harsh" word/s is a No-Point if the person is not willing/keen to have this 'Upgrade-of-skill/knowledge' in the mind set then however hard a/the "Harsh" word/s used also only 'A-Waste-of-Effort'...!!! At the same time, to me, if a person with a 'Positive-mind' and 'Genuinely-Keen'-Interest...even without much 'hard/strong' word/s used, still he/she will be able to pick up more if not faster than a person that needs random &/or very frequent scolding...understand, you see that, bro...!!;)

Thanks for the 'harsh words' haha.. Will keep in mind your advice ... For the wanton mee, well, I agree with the composition and sharpness and colour issues, will try my best. However, just wanted to clarify also that the well- textures noodles was my subject for Feifei, cuz I don't think the wanton and charsiew is anything to rave about. Maybe I could have captioned it for a clearer understanding of what i wanted to show. :)

Your advice is greatly appreciated :)

metranquility said:
Thanks for the 'harsh words' haha.. Will keep in mind your advice ... For the wanton mee, well, I agree with the composition and sharpness and colour issues, will try my best. However, just wanted to clarify also that the well- textures noodles was my subject for Feifei, cuz I don't think the wanton and charsiew is anything to rave about. Maybe I could have captioned it for a clearer understanding of what i wanted to show. :)

Just a suggestion, maybe next time you can take a photo of the whole wonton noodle to go along with this.

Just my 2 cents
Cheer ;)

hmm...well, you're most welcome bro...;)

My philosophy in guiding/grooming a newbie is 1st his/her ATTITUDE-towards-Learning/Progressing, 2ndly is he/she must be able to 'THINK(of-the-how-to)-and-NOT-Just-Wait-for-the SPOON-to-FEED-Directly' = if I discovered that he/she just refused to 'Genuinely-to-give-a-Thought' I'll just terminate the 'Take-in' and 3rdly is something to do with 'Clicking-well-Together' which I strongly believed the 'effect' will be more fruitful in most, if not any, future undertaking!!;)

Btw, you may refer to my Page-20 at post#384 and Page-18 at post#347 in my 'Abracts and Still Life', can apply these 'technique' to your 'Wanton-Mee'-shot so as to have 2-diff-point-in-focus, can bro?? For any further enquiry we'll go by PM hor ok!!;)

Min Nan Pork Ribs Prawn Noodles @ #02-31 Tiong Bahru Food Centre

DSC04307.JPG

Teochew Satay Beehoon @ #02-47 Tanjong Pagar Fpod Centre

DSC04681.JPG

Critiques welcome !

Last edited:
Duck Rice @ Redhill Lor Duck Rice and Noodles @Blk 85 Redhill Lane (Redhill Food Centre) #01-79

DSC06419.JPG

Fried Carrot Cake @ Phoenix Garden Homemade Traditional Carrot Cake@ #02-44 Mei Ling Street Market & Food Centre

DSC05423.JPG

Hai tang lor mee@ Mei Ling Street Market & Food Centre #02-14

DSC05401.JPG

Last edited:
Bak Chor Mee @ Ah Kow Mushroom Mince Pork Mee @ Hong Lim Food Centre #02-43

DSC06492.JPG

Prawn Noodles w Pork Ribs @ Penang Ah Mei Hokkien Prawn Mee @ Malaysian Food Street @ Resorts World Sentosa

DSC07592.JPG

How was the food at the Malaysia food street?? Was it crowded? Want to go there and try the food but till now haven't got the time :(

Hi, only tried the prawn noodles, which was pretty good ! Haven't got the chance to try the other dishes yet.

I went at 2pm. No prob with crowd. Had to queue though.

metranquility said:
Hi, only tried the prawn noodles, which was pretty good ! Haven't got the chance to try the other dishes yet.

Wah... Seem like got to make a trip down soon hahaha

Don't raise your expectations by too much though.. Read some unflattering comments abt the other stalls though

Fried Carrot Cake @ Phoenix Garden Homemade Traditional Carrot Cake@ #02-44 Mei Ling Street Market & Food Centre

DSC05423.JPG

For the compositional of this carrot cake, try not to put beside the edge of the table. Not So nice. Can be improve

Just my comment.

yeah, agree. realised that I took at too shallow an angle too... will improve on this, thanks

Bak Kut Teh (and others) @ Outram Park Ya Hua Rou Gu Char @ No 7 Keppel Road #01-05/07 PSA Tanjong Pagar Complex

DSC08297.JPG

Mee Pok Tar @ Yam Mee Teochew Fishball Mee 炎成潮洲鱼圆面 @ #01-35 Kovan Food Centre

DSC05697.JPG

Rong Xing Yong Tau Foo @ 02-04 Tanjong Pagar Food Centre

DSC07569.JPG

critiques welcome ! :)

another thread with similar title....! i'm also newbie... hehe...

How was the food at the Malaysia food street?? Was it crowded? Want to go there and try the food but till now haven't got the time :(
Wah... Seem like got to make a trip down soon hahaha

i went malaysia food street and ate the KL HKM and chendol... both are nice ley.... i got many other stalls there i hope to try ley... would be nice if got outing there... :/

regards,
wacky

Soy Sauce Chicken Noodles (w Char Siew) @ Hong Kong Soy Sauce Chicken @ #02-127 Chinatown Food Centre

DSC08939.JPG

Niu Che Shui Famous Glutinous Rice 牛车水著名糯米饭 @ #02-40 Chinatown Complex Food Centre

DSC08957.JPG

Kampong Carrot Cake @ #02-53 Tiong Bahru Food Centre

DSC08322.JPG

Critiques welcome !

DSC05697.JPG

critiques welcome ! :)

This is my favorite fishball noodles :heart:
Nice food you got there, metranquility. Do watch out the focusing point, some seems off (like the carrot cake & yong tofu).
Keep sharing :)

DSC05697.JPG

ahh...this fishball stall always long queue. The laksa quite nice :bsmilie:

DSC03175.JPG

Smoked Salmon Avo-Bayon @ TCC @ Changi Airport Terminal 3 Arrival Hall #01-22
TCC is really one of those cafes I rate as 'reliable'. It may not be top class atas food, but the food almost never disappoints. Nice brekkie !

DSC04910.JPG

Rose's Laksa Pasta @ Cedele @ B1-37 Ngee Ann City
Have always liked this fusion pasta from Cedele...thick curry with laksa paste and chicken cubes gave this pasta a savoury, spicy and slightly sour taste... pasta was al dente, and sprinkled with lots of shallots on top.. V Good, but sometimes, the curry can get a little overpowering..

DSC05744.JPG

Cheese Fondue @ Swiss Culture @ #03-006 Suntec City Mall
This place is famous for its slightly sour, pungent, but ultimately rich and tasty cheese fondue ... the experience is a little of a normal distribution curve... not used to it at first, gets better as it grows on you, then a little gelat towards the end... but overall still really good !

Seems like you've improved quite fair bit:thumbsup:, but at the same time, you'd repeated some of your mistake:(...why leh bro...?!?!:bsmilie:

Well, not too bad overall...take your time to 'reach' there will do, unless you intend to be a phpgr within 'asap time-frame'...!!!:D

Last edited: