another MRT accident!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Hope it's not becoming a trend...

I think it's definitely a suicide case.

How come so many years also dun have people falling into the MRT track then suddenly got so many cases?

It's either suicidal or if not then SMRT must be cursed! :devil:

Newsradio reported the man jumped as the incoming train approached and was trapped under the train-must be very messy

SnapSnap said:
Err... now eighth month already leh... :sweat:

could be the left over or those that are left out or cannot return in time,....never no.. :dunno:

oeyvind said:
Newsradio reported the man jumped as the incoming train approached and was trapped under the train-must be very messy

If it's suicidal, there is nothing SMRT can do to stop these people as they jump at the very last minute when the train is approaching.

No use putting whatever railings also. Just like how to stop people from jumping off tall buildings? No way to stop right?

If they can justify that its suicidal, then can save the money and trouble to go and build railings. I think it does not help. They are just throwing in money to show that they are doing something. And maybe a few months down the road, MRT fares will increase. :thumbsd:

icer said:
If it's suicidal, there is nothing SMRT can do to stop these people as they jump at the very last minute when the train is approaching.

No use putting whatever railings also. Just like how to stop people from jumping off tall buildings? No way to stop right?

If they can justify that its suicidal, then can save the money and trouble to go and build railings. I think it does not help. They are just throwing in money to show that they are doing something. And maybe a few months down the road, MRT fares will increase. :thumbsd:

But people jumping off tall building does not cost much disruption to other people. Jumping on MRT tracks cost the SMRT time and money and generates alot of frustration among passengers. Imagine this to happen during rush hour.
:nono:

akane said:
http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,272808,00.html?

Well, I think the best way (and it's going to be costly) is to install those glass doors like they do with those underground stations. No way you can jump.

Wht's the point of installing all these "safety" features when we have been doing so good for the past decade without those? :dunno:

The train stations have been quite safe from these track-jumpers till this year.

akane said:
But people jumping off tall building does not cost much disruption to other people. Jumping on MRT tracks cost the SMRT time and money and generates alot of frustration among passengers. Imagine this to happen during rush hour.

point is, u can't stop ppl from killing themselves...

etgoh said:
could be the left over or those that are left out or cannot return in time,....never no.. :dunno:

i feel these MRT stations have turn errie. Pls dun get distracted before boarding the MRT.

I still dun understand, kenna run over, sure very painful one, also you may not die instantly.

Everyone please be careful.Safety first.

akane said:

Hmmm... if it (jumping off tall buiildings) does (cost much disruption to other people), we'll have very expensive high rise building... got to build barriers all over the place... What next? have sign that says, "Please be considerate, don't commit suicide here!"
:bsmilie:

Apparently this kind of incidents are happening so frequently that IMH psychiatrists have to go to the scene to deal with train driver trauma !!

:eek:

akane said:

Yah, but the thing is this time they can't punish these "people" already lor. The very effective fining cannot be used in this case.

icer said:
Yah, but the thing is this time they can't punish these "people" already lor. The very effective fining cannot be used in this case.

Fine the family lah!
Then again, that might encourage some people to go jump... maybe I should keep my mouth shut... :sweat: :sweat:

SnapSnap said:
Fine the family lah!
Then again, that might encourage some people to go jump... maybe I should keep my mouth shut... :sweat: :sweat:

I thought of this also but thought that it is very unfair to the family.

Or maybe they can try to put some dishonoured charts at the MRT station like "People who had committed suicide at this MRT station" and state down the disruption they had caused to the general public?

Just kidding. :bsmilie:

SnapSnap said:
Fine the family lah!

Fine the family?

I think the family will be sad enough...no need to use monetary punishment to add to their woes.

Nothing much that we can do...just find it "interesting" that for so many years, nothing happened (except for a case - can't remember when but also at Bishan MRT) but in the past 2 months - 4 cases already.

Status
Not open for further replies.