Announcement: Pentax Now Available in Singapore Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot get in time must call HK for help liao haha . . . But I will wait and see how the pricing is also. Hope it is better than the last distributor.

According to reliable source, Emjay is very aggressive on pricing because for their import/export background. I hope it is still true for Pentax.

Just visited Parisilk HV, no sign of any Pentax and the guy at the encounter said he heard no news about Pentax coming in.

Audio House - no signs of Pentax in their latest full page ad on Straits Times.. although they listed their whole collection of C/N/O/S

Alan Photo - Funan
Was there yesterday evening and popped into to enquire about pricing for K-m and 43mm F1.9 Silver, but the sales guy looked at me and shot back, "Eh, Pentax going to go under soon lah. No stocks come in at all. Same like Shrriro, say only but also no official announcement that a new distributor has taken over."

I am shocked!! After announcing here that stocks will be avaialble and what have we here? Nothing again.

DUH!!

Alan Photo - Funan
Was there yesterday evening and popped into to enquire about pricing for K-m and 43mm F1.9 Silver, but the sales guy looked at me and shot back, "Eh, Pentax going to go under soon lah. No stocks come in at all. Same like Shrriro, say only but also no official announcement that a new distributor has taken over."

I am shocked!! After announcing here that stocks will be avaialble and what have we here? Nothing again.

DUH!!
Yes. Yesterday, i also looking for Tamron 90mm and any new pentax stock, pricing around SLS, Penisular and Funan. No sign of new stock at all.

I was at CP Marina yesterday. Other than the DA16-45, there is nothing Pentax. DA*200 was quoted $2,000 and DA*300 was quoted $2,450, ex! :(

Just called MS Color and got pricing for the following lenses:
21mm F3.2 $950
43mm f1.9 $950
28-105mm f3.2-4.5 $599
Km w/18-55mm $850
Km w/18-55mm & 55-200mm $920

Eh? isn't this the same kind of pricing from Shrriro? Except for the K-m, look like the other prices have gone to heaven. :bigeyes:

The only thing that might interest me now will be the 28-105 for the AF SLR :dunno:

:thumbsd:

21mm F3.2 $950
43mm f1.9 $950
28-105mm f3.2-4.5 $599
Km w/18-55mm $850

Eh? isn't this the same kind of pricing from Shrriro? Except for the K-m, look like the other prices have gone to heaven. :bigeyes:

:rolleyes: Looks like it's still OP and B&S for me...

21mm F3.2 $950
43mm f1.9 $950
28-105mm f3.2-4.5 $599
Km w/18-55mm $850

The only thing that might interest me now will be the 28-105 for the AF SLR :dunno:

:thumbsd:

wah $950 for 43mm ? thats more expensive than my 77mm :bsmilie: wonder how much is the 31mm... lucky i got what i need loh.. pity those still saving for the Limiteds...hehehe...

Well, at least it's good to see the K-m finally landed in Singapore

looks like HK for me already. Friend told me the 43mm F1.9 Limited Silver is SGD$588 and our dear distributor is $950. Very ridiculous. . .

DA* 55mm F1.4 is $1.5k
Dun think the prices are going to be Pentax user friendly haha :sticktong

:bsmilie: add $200 more u can get the FA*85mm which beat the 55 hands down.... add $300 u can get the FA*200mm..., better yet just get the 50mm f1.4 which i think is only marginally inferior...

yeh... with this pricing, now we stand toe to toe with all the others...:bsmilie:

I went to OP and they said once they clear the pentax stocks no more will be coming in as the sales is too bad.

:bsmilie: add $200 more u can get the FA*85mm which beat the 55 hands down.... add $300 u can get the FA*200mm..., better yet just get the 50mm f1.4 which i think is only marginally inferior...

yeh... with this pricing, now we stand toe to toe with all the others...:bsmilie:

And the FA50mm F1.4 is 300+ only

looks like HK for me already. Friend told me the 43mm F1.9 Limited Silver is SGD$588 and our dear distributor is $950. Very ridiculous. . .

I got my 43mm locally... its more expensive than HK by ~100, but im willing to pay for it... but now this pricing is ~200 more...

i wonder how much they selling the K10D/K20D D-LI50 batt?? if 80 to 100 then i will laugh all the way... lucky i got mine at $30 hehehe...

time to look for another agent...

Status
Not open for further replies.