Android users unite!

After a few episodes of getting caught in rain n knocking on floor, my nexus one's GPS unit somehow KO-ed.

It is a sign

I m really looking forward to the new dual core androids.. soon..

Ryan

Wan ask how ur battery life on urs android device?

I usin desire, so far i knw all android users i knw are charging it everyday..

Wan ask how ur battery life on urs android device?

I usin desire, so far i knw all android users i knw are charging it everyday..

using desire also. battery life sucks. have to charge everyday or next day no more juice. i'm squeezing the last drops by using task managers and startup cleaners which don't seem to be doing their job very well. kind of defeats the purpose of using android.

HTC Wildfire user here with custom Gingerbread (Android v2.3) ROM.

Battery life lasts easily beyond a week with WiFi and 3G turned off.

how long did it last before gingerbread?

About 5-7 days give or take. That's also with WiFi and 3G turned off.

Basically, disabling anything that consumes or transmits data results in a huge spike in battery life. Before Gingerbread, my Wildfire was running on Eclair with all connectivity services and multimedia services turned off except SMS and Phone.

imo android or all the newer phone uses alot of data plan.
naturally it will be short life.

using desire z, if i off the data and wifi, and can last 2.5+days
but for wat??? restrict yourself might as well get normal phone :p

thats what i think also. get a smartphone and become a slave to it. :dunno:

quizesilver said:

Haha agreed too. If really want a good 2days worth of battery life with data, get an extended battery or underclock your processor ...

About 5-7 days give or take. That's also with WiFi and 3G turned off.

Basically, disabling anything that consumes or transmits data results in a huge spike in battery life. Before Gingerbread, my Wildfire was running on Eclair with all connectivity services and multimedia services turned off except SMS and Phone.

But you can't expect people to turn off those services all the time. If they get a smartphone, chances are they want to use that data...turn those off all the time and you'd rather save some money and get a Nokia 8250, if you can even find it now

one thing i cant figure out is why htc in its infinite wisdom decided that apps like plurk, footprints, etc all need to be started at boot time. i set up startup cleaner 2.0 to kill it at start time but that didn't work. now have rely on task manager to keep kill those darn apps.

After a few episodes of getting caught in rain n knocking on floor, my nexus one's GPS unit somehow KO-ed.

My GPS somehow miraculously came back to life yesterday ! The wonders of electronics. Mood swing ..

My GPS somehow miraculously came back to life yesterday ! The wonders of electronics. Mood swing ..

Your GPS had PMS and decided not to work, yesterday just over so it decided to work again lor :bsmilie:

Your GPS had PMS and decided not to work, yesterday just over so it decided to work again lor :bsmilie:

Shucks all the while i didn know i got a female Nexus One!
I need to change tactics to coax it to work now :sweatsm:

giantcanopy said:
Shucks all the while i didn know i got a female Nexus One!
I need to change tactics to coax it to work now :sweatsm:

buy some casing or new batt for her? Haha

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Spica, just updated to CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3 .. can finally play angry birds (spica patched version). Think i'll hold out till the dual core phones come out before upgrading handset.