AMK Park Macro Outing - 14/08/2010

NovJoe

Feb 15, 2009
~Sunny Little Island~
Actually, I did not know there was an outing at AMK Park till I called Ben this morning after my morning driving. Being late, I started off on my own and met up with MM, Ben and their outing groups. I must say that this is a very good outing as alot of shooters turned out, including Pentax group :).

As such, here's some of my humble shots to share with everyone. All C & Cs for improvements are welcome! Thanks for viewing, Arigato!

My Setup:
Canon 7D
EF 100mm/2.8 macro non-L
Raynox 250DCR
Pop-Up Flash with diffuser + 580 EX-II with diffuser
Handheld

My Settings:
W/B: Daylight
Shutter: 1/50 ~ 1/160
Aperture: f/11 ~ f/25
ISO: 100 ~ 400

#1 Food for thought with Feather Legged Twig Spider.
IMG_9810_s.jpg

#2 Ready to take off with Dart Skipper.
IMG_9817_s.jpg

#3 Sunbathing with Long Legged Fly.
IMG_9830_s.jpg

#4 Knock out fight with Fighting Spider.
IMG_9834_s.jpg

Last edited:
#5 Spread your wings with Leopard Butterfly.
IMG_9852_s.jpg

#6 Stand tall with Leopard Butterfly.
IMG_9855_s.jpg

#7 Watching a Face Off match with the spectators.
IMG_9880_s.jpg

#8 Resting with Dragonfly.
IMG_9861_s.jpg

#9 Being Up-Close & Personal with Dragonfly.
IMG_9875_s.jpg

#10 Staying pretty in Pink with Ant Mimicking Mantis.
IMG_9894_s.jpg

#11 Practising the standard model's posture with Ant Mimicking Mantis.
IMG_9910_s.jpg

Nice & wonderful catch, bro!..:thumbsup:

I believe you should enjoyed and having a lot of fun with Benjamin outing..;)

Great shots! Did you stack up your 100mm and raynox for all the shots?

Nice & wonderful catch, bro!..:thumbsup:

I believe you should enjoyed and having a lot of fun with Benjamin outing..;)

Thanks Jacobs! As long as it is macro, shooting with anyone will be just as fun ;).

Great shots! Did you stack up your 100mm and raynox for all the shots?

Thanks alot Burningslash12! Yes, Raynox is used for the shots except for the Leopard butterfly shots as a distance needs to be maintained in order not to frighten the butterfly :).

Wonderful shots...Don't think we will be posting ours..looks pale in comparison beside yours...:cry:
Will practise more..=p

Wonderful shots...Don't think we will be posting ours..looks pale in comparison beside yours...:cry:
Will practise more..=p

On the contrary, I strongly believe you should post ur shots. The experts here will be able to advise you what to do next time. That's how I'd been learning :)

Great shots NJ~ :thumbsup: Look like you enjoy alots on today outing hehe~

#3 , #6 & #9 my :heart: Especially #6 very nice sharp and good lighting butt shot! :thumbsup:

Excellent shots! What a pity can not shoot with you guys in AMK park, because I had another appointment this morning, maybe next time, let me know when you organize outing in AMK park :)

These shots are very nice. Sharp too! :thumbsup:

Great shots bro! And nice talking to you today! :)

Thanks Cowseye! It's great chatting with you as well.

Will practise more..=p

On the contrary, I strongly believe you should post ur shots. The experts here will be able to advise you what to do next time. That's how I'd been learning :)

No worries dawngel, everyone starts from somewhere. Here's the thread where I posted my start of the macro journey > The day I learn MACRO. Like Cowseye said, you can post your shots here to share with us ;).

Great shots NJ~ :thumbsup: Look like you enjoy alots on today outing hehe~

#3 , #6 & #9 my :heart: Especially #6 very nice sharp and good lighting butt shot! :thumbsup:

Thanks alot Jane! Glad you like them.

Excellent shots! What a pity can not shoot with you guys in AMK park, because I had another appointment this morning, maybe next time, let me know when you organize outing in AMK park :)

Thanks Steve! No worries, you can call Ben whenever you can shoot. Trust me, he will be ready to pick up his macro setup and fly to AMK anytime ;).

Nice shots bro

Thanks Bro!