Almost Kena Con...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had one encounter few months back;

A lady called me to attend an opening celebration in JB on Sunday afternoon, I told them I am not going, and on that sunday afternoon, they called me on my mobile, telling me that I strike a lucky draw, asked me to go down to JB immediately (an address was given), I told them never mind, forget about it.

Then next monday, one lady called me again, telling me that the lucky draw I won was$200,000 dollars, since I was not there to collect the cash, they can send the money to my bank account, but they need to verify my particular, so she said she need full detail from me: My name, IC number, DOB and Bank account number. They will then transfer the money to my bank.

I asked them to donate this money to charity on my behalf, and that lady was very angry, scolding me for why I don't believe her, I told her nevermind, I don't need the money, and I sincerely want to donate the money to charity, and hung up the phone.

Still wandeling, what can they do with my information, but whatever it is, it is better be save then sorry and don't be greedy.
I think you 'really' won a price! They can't do anything with your account number.......(it is written on any checck you write out anyway)

HS

I think you 'really' won a price! They can't do anything with your account number.......(it is written on any checck you write out anyway)

HS

yes they can't do anything with a bank acct. no., but they did oso ask for IC no. and DOB..

They cant do anything with the particulars....? Correction, it has been proven there is alot that can be done with just your name and IC number. Example applying for a credit card in your name.

Also it doesnt make sense that he will win something in a event he didnt even attend right?

think first, act later

theoretically you are not liable for anything, especially when it is not in black and white, please

HS

So you think I really let the $200,000 slipped my finger? What a waste! Anyway, I have no way to find out now, have to convince myself that that is not true and I got away of been con.

ABN... lazy to pick up their calls from 65476480.

haiz, after i applied a citi CC strange thing is one year later then they keep bothering me ... best part is i put my company name in the application form, then i think they go internet search and call the main line looking for me .....!@!@# KNN secetary will call me and say , citi bank calling ..... and because i in finance line ..... i thought counter-party / operations people from citi bank calling regarding trades and stuff....... !@#!@$! ... then the citi bank person say .....interested in credit line ... bla bla bla , i wanted to faint liaoz *pengz

think next time going to scold them liao.... every few months will call.... this is not the way to do business ......

So you think I really let the $200,000 slipped my finger? What a waste! Anyway, I have no way to find out now, have to convince myself that that is not true and I got away of been con.

Not really lah, its a con lah.. who knows what will happen to you if you go to that address in JB? :cry:

If you are a jude babe, lagi worse :eek:

Not really lah, its a con lah.. who knows what will happen to you if you go to that address in JB? :cry:

If you are a jude babe, lagi worse :eek:

No lah, fat old man.

Scary? not really, I've already hung up the phone on a few of these 'supreme court' and other con artists. I just wonder how they get my number in the first place and why i seem to get targetted by these people. No harm tho, i can recognise them almost instantly now and just hang up.

Scary? not really, I've already hung up the phone on a few of these 'supreme court' and other con artists. I just wonder how they get my number in the first place and why i seem to get targetted by these people. No harm tho, i can recognise them almost instantly now and just hang up.

you are not the only one targetted.. i also hung up on a few of them already...

they seem to be just doing a mass targetting...

Hey there, just spoke to my fren who have an uncle in the police force.

From what he said, if the police have some matters which need you to assist, they would either ask you to go down police station or come visit your at your residence.

So beware those conmen posing at police on the phone.

Btw I just got a call yesterday and when I heard a chinese woman asking in chinese "do you speak chinese?" I immediately cancel the call. After that no one call me back. :bsmilie:

I imagine the operators don't dial our numbers to call us, it could be some program that does the dialing so when my call didn't work out (I hung up), the program goes to the next number.

So just hang up on them, don't have to be civil to conmen & conwomen :angry:

ya we should try to bait them and report police what. Why just hang up?

they never call me though :)

Aiyah quite stress now rushing for project deadline and suddenly got this call from stupid chinese woman so hang up lor... ;p

Next time I get this kinda call I try to be more creative :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.