Airports around the world "The Hall of Shame"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"London Heathrow is the world's busiest international airport, serving over 180 destinations in more than 90 countries. Arriving, departing or connecting, you'll find everything here to make your journey easy and enjoyable." Quoted from Heathrow Airport website.

:angel:

CDG is the heel end of the disorganised travelling world. Loathe it every time. Departure lounges (once you get there) stink as well.

Mumbai International Airport is from a different planet. Not a very nice planet either.

No others really bother me too much as I understand security is tighter nowadays. Fully charged ipod very important.

I gotta agree with CDG, have you been to the the toliets? :thumbsd:

talk about Mumbai, you gotta see Dhaka, Bangladesh, Zia Airport!!

I just came back from Madras, stunned is the word I would use to describe the dormitory in the airport. Was stuck at the airport for 12 hours waiting for a connecting flight so decided to spend the night in the dorm. Its a classroom sized room with 12 beds, and space under the bed to chuck your luggage.

Here's a pic of it.

3903437796_f4d095a3c3_o.jpg

Note : I forgot to get a picture of the toilet.

Of all the airports I have been to, Heathrow and Shanghai Hongqiao airport (domestic) is the worse.

Can't comment on US and India airports as I have never been there.

I feel your pain bro.

I was stuck in Hongqiao once, where my plane was delayed 5 hours. And during the 2008 Olympics, Hongqiao was a madhouse. The line for taxi is like forever long. And the worst thing is, I live around 5-10 mins drive away, but have to spend 40 minutes in the taxi line waiting for the damn cab. Usually, when my wife is home, she will catch a cab from home, come to Hongqiao airport to fetch me back to the house. And it is a hell lot faster that way. And yup, if we do that, I will wait for her at the 2nd level, at departures.

Last edited:
I feel your pain bro.

I was stuck in Hongqiao once, where my plane was delayed 5 hours. And during the 2008 Olympics, Hongqiao was a madhouse. The line for taxi is like forever long. And the worst thing is, I live around 5-10 mins drive away, but have to spend 40 minutes in the taxi line waiting for the damn cab. Usually, when my wife is home, she will catch a cab from home, come to Hongqiao airport to fetch me back to the house. And it is a hell lot faster that way. And yup, if we do that, I will wait for her at the 2nd level, at departures.

Oh yes, Hongqiao.

Once I was in the middle of "airspace traffic flow control", meaning the PLA Airforce just shut down the airspace for whatever f reason.

heathrow airport stands for "he throws" ur baggages...
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Ha ha, probably right. After i touch down until I clear the immigration, already about 45 min. The luggage already rolled out and being left on the floor by airport crew.

I feel your pain bro.

Still remember my 2 hr wait just to get my passport stamped.

Anyway, since i change to my new bio-passport,
everytime i visit China/HK, they will scan my passport like a criminal,
Used to it liao, have to wait 15min in front of the window,
then the guy/gal will come out and say:
"We need to verify your passport, pls stand one side and wait",
they will go to their backroom for another 5-10 minutes before giving me my pp and let me thru :dunno:
What i did wrong ?? :sweat:

Still remember my 2 hr wait just to get my passport stamped.

Anyway, since i change to my new bio-passport,
everytime i visit China/HK, they will scan my passport like a criminal,
Used to it liao, have to wait 15min in front of the window,
then the guy/gal will come out and say:
"We need to verify your passport, pls stand one side and wait",
they will go to their backroom for another 5-10 minutes before giving me my pp and let me thru :dunno:
What i did wrong ?? :sweat:

Huh? I think your passport must be flagged by china immigration... for what reason I don't know. When they swipe the pp and your pp number is entered, if no problem, it is usually very fast.

I never had any problem. I am still on the old pp. My friends with new pp also have no problems.

Heathrow with all their "so-called" thorough Immigration checks crap, causing huge inconvenience to passengers and still able to admit truckloads of terrorists. Imagine that!

I feel your pain bro.

My Shanghai office is at Pudong, normally I will take the evening domestic flight to Beijing and the traffic jam from Pudong to Hongqiao is a killer especially during peak hour.

Been to Bangalore some years back. It will be amazing if you can figure out the place you have landed is an international airport. After this exposure, every other airport is "thank goodness" to me and stop complaining anymore ! :bsmilie:

The thought of having to transit thru LAX depresses me to no ends.

My vote goes to Zia International Airport in Dhaka. Without the planes, you wouldn't even think that it's an airport. Smoke-filled transit area and an airline customer service counter that resembles a market, I thought fights will break out any moment.

Oh yes!! I actually saw a huge cockroach while I was checking in my luggage at KLIA. And the neverending checks and queues at Ninoy Aquino is enough to make me think twice about flying into Manila.

my goodness, after reading so many bad comments on Heathrow and CDG, gotta pray to GOD that it will not be so bad for me.. i will be traveling to these 2 countries next month.. is there anything else that we need to take note or bring along when going through the airports?

anyone has any experience with Rome's Fiumicino Airport, Berlin's Tegel and Munich's airport?

Been to Bangalore some years back. It will be amazing if you can figure out the place you have landed is an international airport. After this exposure, every other airport is "thank goodness" to me and stop complaining anymore ! :bsmilie:

I TOTALLY AGREE with you. Was in Bangalore two years back; when i touched down, i thought SQ had landed (wrongly) in their domestic flight section. It was a sea of chaos. The infrastructure of the airport does not support the MASS influx of visitors a day.

My Shanghai office is at Pudong, normally I will take the evening domestic flight to Beijing and the traffic jam from Pudong to Hongqiao is a killer especially during peak hour.

I usually ask the driver to go via outer ring road and across Xupu bridge during peak hours. A lot faster. It is a longer way, but traffic is very smooth.

Heathrow (LHR)
Congestion, congestion and congestion. If you are not flying BA, you are SOOL. Trying to walk from one terminal to another, I hope you are in good shape. It's not a walk, it's a hike. The security procedures and policies at Heathrow is just too draconian. I had been trying to avoid thi sairport like a plague.

I agree with Heathrow 'security'.. its a nightmare . Was coming home from there viathe newest terminal on a Sunday , arrived 3 hrs early at airport to check in luggage . That was the good part . Thought have time to take a bite . In the end due to the SUPER SUPER SLOW queue at security we were literally running to our gate with 15 minutes left when we finally cleared security !!!! Think AMAZING RACE running ...

Andoh ya ,the 'scanners' need a 'checker' to open your luggage when they see someting suspicious on the scanning ....

One of my friends had to claim insurance for his luggage because they managed to bloody break a Samsonite luggage. I have no idea how in the WORLD they can do that, but apparently Heathrow airport staff have that kind of ability beyond human recognition to make a huge crack on a Samsonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.