[AhBlack]APWP - Giving back

The truth is, I don't know LOL but it's definitely not the lens characteristic. When I saw the photo, I thought something's wrong with the lens. I tried to recreate the starburst, but no luck...

The truth is, I don't know LOL but it's definitely not the lens characteristic. When I saw the photo, I thought something's wrong with the lens. I tried to recreate the starburst, but no luck...

Hmm, interesting.. :think: Nice shots by the way! ;)

Hi ahblack, it was great shooting with you on christmas eve!

Marina Bay Sands by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

A fruitful outing with a great youngster! Hope to have more chance shooting with you in the future!

Fujifilm X-T1 + Konica Hexanon AR 24mm f2.8​

nice starbusts with the lights on the bridge!

Garden by The Bay by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Zeiss Touit 2.8/12​

very interesting starbust effect! i like this shot but it couldve been better if the man in the foreground wasnt there haha. but no choice i guess since its crowded.

hope to meet you again!

ps: btw my shots from the day are here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk3zkui8

Hi ahblack, it was great shooting with you on christmas eve!

nice starbusts with the lights on the bridge!

very interesting starbust effect! i like this shot but it couldve been better if the man in the foreground wasnt there haha. but no choice i guess since its crowded.

hope to meet you again!

ps: btw my shots from the day are here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk3zkui8

I had a great time shooting with you too! Too bad the weather made the whole outing sucks... And I wish I could offer you more decent advices on that day, but I'm just a newbie in shooting at night hahaha...

Ya it was very crowded, expected on Christmas season... That shot was pure luck, still couldn't figure out what happened to the lens...

Keep in touch!

HI Ahblack, how much did you pay for the Zeiss Touit 12/2.8 ? can you give some comments when used with the X-T1 ? thanks.

Hi Ralf Winston, I bought it during the July sales. 1300sgd++ with the 32mm. I sold the 32mm at 480sgd, so the 12mm is about 900sgd?

Well, I never though I'll using it so occasionally. I've always though I'm the 35-50mm (equivalent) kind of guy, but the perspective and IQ is insane!

Most of my photos here, were only cropped and some minor adjustment on the brightness, never did anything on sharpening nor contrast adjusting! I'm not bluffing, the 12mm Zeiss is really that good! SHARP AND CRISP (but for some other people, not razor sharp LOL)

Focusing speed wise, well it's pretty decent, hunts a lil bit on low light (usual stuff...), but pretty much spot on at most occasion.

I've never try the Fuji 14mm, but I read a lot about it, and many says it's not worth the money to jump from the Fuji 14mm to Zeiss 12mm. I got it during the promo (even before I have the X-T1 body), so... hahaha...

But 1 thing though, it's a really "hard-to-tame" lens. That 12mm is not fake, being a UWA makes shooting hard when you try to include everything while need to pay extra attention to the things near the corner. For a pro like you, should have no problem ba hahaha!

Are you interested in playing the lens???? I'm happy to meet up with you and let you play with it! In return... buy me a teh peng ba hahaha! (Kidding, you have to let me play your lens too hahahahaha!!!)

hi, ahblack thanks for the review. I am using the 10-24 right now and really like it but the size is a bit big. but since getting a x100T, i feel that i am using it less for street and in general. Thought i would sell away my 10-24 and just get the 12mm (provided I can get a good deal)to reduce the size and weight in my bag.

will PM u if i can't play with the lens elsewhere haha...thanks for the offer

Oh? On the contrary, I'm interested on trying the 10-24 F4! Let me know if you wanna "trade & play"!

If you're looking for a smaller package, get the Fuji 14mm. The Zeiss 12mm is really not that small... It takes 67mm filter.

Oh? On the contrary, I'm interested on trying the 10-24 F4! Let me know if you wanna "trade & play"!

If you're looking for a smaller package, get the Fuji 14mm. The Zeiss 12mm is really not that small... It takes 67mm filter.

I may be able to get the Zeiss at a good price compared to the xf14 that's why I am considering it. If you just want to try the 10-24, maybe can do it at the Fujifilm studio....can play to your hearts content...dunno can bring outside or not though , maybe just ask the friendly guy at the counter...:p

Last edited:
I may be able to get the Zeiss at a good price compared to the xf14 that's why I am considering it. If you just want to try the 10-24, maybe can do it at the Fujifilm studio....can play to your hearts content...dunno can bring outside or not though , maybe just ask the friendly guy at the counter...:p

I see... If that's the case, I'll say get the 12mm ba, it's still/always a Zeiss hehehe...

Ya gonna take the chance and try the 10-24 at Fujifilm service center tomorrow. My flash gone case d, gonna see what they can do. Pray that it's the flash unit problem and 1 to 1 exchange!!!! If it's my X-T1 hotshoe problem... die...

I see... If that's the case, I'll say get the 12mm ba, it's still/always a Zeiss hehehe...

Ya gonna take the chance and try the 10-24 at Fujifilm service center tomorrow. My flash gone case d, gonna see what they can do. Pray that it's the flash unit problem and 1 to 1 exchange!!!! If it's my X-T1 hotshoe problem... die...

Well, I can say that not all Zeiss things are good...some of their products (actually quite a number, won't go into that) are manufactured by someone else and they just put their badge on it. Will see how much i can get the zeiss, if it's the same as the XF 14, i would rather go with FUJI. ( i prefere fuji's design haha )

Well, I can say that not all Zeiss things are good...some of their products (actually quite a number, won't go into that) are manufactured by someone else and they just put their badge on it. Will see how much i can get the zeiss, if it's the same as the XF 14, i would rather go with FUJI. ( i prefere fuji's design haha )

There's some perks for choosing Fuji glass. The Fuji Lens Modulation Optimizer is a good to have!

Let me know what you manage to find out in the future! Thanks for dropping by! Cheers!