Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

recca02

Mar 29, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm new to dslr and bought myself a 2nd hand olympus E-510 comes with 2 lenses a wide angle and zoom lens.

however when i tried to change to different mode to shoot like from M(manual) or to other mode, there's a sound coming from the camera. and it takes very long for my camera to be ready to shoot. Is there something wrong with this camera? And btw the wide angle lens and zoom lens which lens is better or more expensive?

Any advice for me as i am newbie here i really need all the help i can get thanks guys :)

your bet bet is to bring your camera to the service centre or join an outing with users who are also on the same system as you and see if their camera also displays the same symptoms as yours.

as for the value of the lens, you can check out the various price lists here on CS.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to dslr and bought myself a 2nd hand olympus E-510 comes with 2 lenses a wide angle and zoom lens.

however when i tried to change to different mode to shoot like from M(manual) or to other mode, there's a sound coming from the camera. and it takes very long for my camera to be ready to shoot. Is there something wrong with this camera? And btw the wide angle lens and zoom lens which lens is better or more expensive?

Any advice for me as i am newbie here i really need all the help i can get thanks guys :)

You may wanna rephase your question again so that we know exactly what you wanna know. If you are comparing between wide angle lens and zoom lens, then I can tell you that there is no basis of comparison as they serve different purposes.

my friend has the same 'problem' as yours... i'm assuming it's normal?

guys... i have something similar i think...

when my D90 with the standard kit lens try to focus... there is this noticeable sound coming out from the lens, like when you use your finger nails to scratch against the blackboard the screeching sound... is that normal?!?! i dun feel good about it

when my D90 with the standard kit lens try to focus... there is this noticeable sound coming out from the lens, like when you use your finger nails to scratch against the blackboard the screeching sound... is that normal?!?! i dun feel good about it

Make sure the lens and body is properly connected, dont assume. Try unlocking and lock it back again. Check the physical condition of lens particularly the threads leading to the body. Unless otherwise, you know where to head to.

You may wanna rephase your question again so that we know exactly what you wanna know. If you are comparing between wide angle lens and zoom lens, then I can tell you that there is no basis of comparison as they serve different purposes.

i think the TS is talking about the lenses that he already have

that sounds bad, i suspect that it has something to do with the AF-S
i suggest sending it to NSC for checking

Status
Not open for further replies.