Adobe/Apple Relationship Takes A Turn For The Worst

just curious which phones support Flash? :think:
according to this article, adobe is launching Flash Player 10.1 this quarter, and this version of Flash Player will be supported by phones running, and I quote,

"Android™, the BlackBerry® platform, Symbian® OS, Palm® webOS and Windows Mobile®"

ie. all the major smartphone platforms except iPhone OS...

Last edited:
If i were the big boss in Adobe, after seeing what happened to this long time ally, i'll juz pull the plug in the name of "Streamline strategy in this current market situation"

"From CS5 ver onwards, Adobe CS Suite 5 will only be on windows platform. This is in the light of the current competitive market situation & the economic crisis. Mac users who wants to use our world class highly acclaimed professional creative software including Iillustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Freehand, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore & Lightroom, will have to use boot camp & install win7. It makes more sense & more cost effective for Adobe to juz release 1 ver & run across 2 popular OSes, & its also more cost effective for individual professionals & companies to manage their TCO.

Adobe is looking into more advance features in future ver that includes Adobe Markup Language (AML) to further extend the flexibility of our current applications line up, cluster rendering & networking, & is working very closely with ATi & nVidia to improve support for OpenGL4 & OpenCL to bring Adobe family of products to an all new higher level of performance & integration while maintaining manageable cost of ownership."

If Apple decides not to support windows in future, then too bad. Also this is another way to indirectly sway companies away from buying mac in retaliation, all in the "good name" of "Its strictly bussiness, nothing personal". Companies wanting to upgrade will see buying a windows computer from Dell or HP is much more cost effective then buying another mac & buying another MS OS. If only Adobe is not so short sighted & greedy in this short term.... They got to do it fast b4 apple release their own ver of PShop, looking at Aperture, Adobe wud be blind not to see it coming SOON.

i hope apple goes bankrupt, then we won't see all the yyppy kids using macbook and ..

i am sure we are mature enough than those kids..
Google Adobe and Microsoft are the giant evil here.
why all these bad-mouthing?

just curious which phones support Flash? :think:

I am just asking a question

Except iPhone. Were you just born yesterday? :bsmilie:

I think Google is actually the greatest evil. Look beyond the veils they are wearing. They seem to be wanting to take over the world.

If all evil... then how? Pen and paper best! Then will have discussions about how Pentel is better than Papermate.

W

Irrespective of the operating system used, it is still a basic computer and information security to protect your system with antivirus and firewall. I once asked a friend of mine about the antivirus used on his MacBook and his response that it was not needed as "it is a Mac". :rolleyes:

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

macbook means got invisible firewall automatically.

If i were the big boss in Adobe, after seeing what happened to this long time ally, i'll juz pull the plug in the name of "Streamline strategy in this current market situation"
If only Adobe is not so short sighted & greedy in this short term.... They got to do it fast b4 apple release their own ver of PShop, looking at Aperture, Adobe wud be blind not to see it coming SOON.
no lah, Adobe is gonna surprise everyone by announcing their own super secure operating system, Adobinux®, which will run Creative Suite and form a VPN among all its users for a super secure experience... ;p
If all evil... then how? Pen and paper best! Then will have discussions about how Pentel is better than Papermate.
Zebra is best!!!:bsmilie:

Well to be fair, the article is rather misleading because in a way they are saying though there as many if not more security loopholes in OS X than Windows, no one cares to exploit them in anyway whatsoever. :)

Irrespective of the operating system used, it is still a basic computer and information security to protect your system with antivirus and firewall. I once asked a friend of mine about the antivirus used on his MacBook and his response that it was not needed as "it is a Mac". :rolleyes:

If I were a hacker, I wouldn't write a virus for Mac either. Virus are for kids, with too much time on their hands. They want max destruction because that credits them with fame. Real hackers steal credit card and other secure information. Nooo, if I were a hacker, I would leave all the trojan horses I would around, and not write any virus to debunk the myth that Macs are secure.

I think Macs are the most secure computers in the world.

"From CS5 ver onwards, Adobe CS Suite 5 will only be on windows platform. This is in the light of the current competitive market situation & the economic crisis. Mac users who wants to use our world class highly acclaimed professional creative software including Iillustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Freehand, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore & Lightroom, will have to use boot camp & install win7. It makes more sense & more cost effective for Adobe to juz release 1 ver & run across 2 popular OSes, & its also more cost effective for individual professionals & companies to manage their TCO.

Adobe is looking into more advance features in future ver that includes Adobe Markup Language (AML) to further extend the flexibility of our current applications line up, cluster rendering & networking, & is working very closely with ATi & nVidia to improve support for OpenGL4 & OpenCL to bring Adobe family of products to an all new higher level of performance & integration while maintaining manageable cost of ownership."

If Apple decides not to support windows in future, then too bad. Also this is another way to indirectly sway companies away from buying mac in retaliation, all in the "good name" of "Its strictly bussiness, nothing personal". Companies wanting to upgrade will see buying a windows computer from Dell or HP is much more cost effective then buying another mac & buying another MS OS. If only Adobe is not so short sighted & greedy in this short term.... They got to do it fast b4 apple release their own ver of PShop, looking at Aperture, Adobe wud be blind not to see it coming SOON.

Unfortunately that will never happen. No matter what, a lot of business from Adobe still comes from Apple and I suspect, more Adobe users from Mac camp than PC (one of those rare instances but primarily because Mac guys are more graphics designers, etc). I'm not clear on why Apple doesn't want to support Flash; suspect it's more because of the limitations of their phone rather than a direct onslaught into Adobe's territory.

It's not easy to create another CS Suite from scratch, even if one is Apple.

i am sure we are mature enough than those kids..
Google Adobe and Microsoft are the giant evil here.
why all these bad-mouthing?

Why do you say that? What has Adobe, for example, done to be called a giant evil?

Unfortunately that will never happen. No matter what, a lot of business from Adobe still comes from Apple and I suspect, more Adobe users from Mac camp than PC (one of those rare instances but primarily because Mac guys are more graphics designers, etc). I'm not clear on why Apple doesn't want to support Flash; suspect it's more because of the limitations of their phone rather than a direct onslaught into Adobe's territory.

if it's not easy to create another "CS" from scratch, and if Adobe decides not to produce a Mac OSX version of CS, would not the people who use CS on the OSX platform move to the Win platform so that they won't loose their jobs?... cause there are certainly plenty of people who don't mind using CS on Windows who are willing to fill any job openings...

hehe:D mac guys are the graphic designers.

linux budds are the C programmers.

oh wait i correct. its java now.

it is selling you photoshop at a very high price. :angry::angry: bad adobe!

i'm not a student. so i get a student to get the programs at ok rates. :sweatsm:

if it's not easy to create another "CS" from scratch, and if Adobe decides not to produce a Mac OSX version of CS, would not the people who use CS on the OSX platform move to the Win platform so that they won't loose their jobs?... cause there are certainly plenty of people who don't mind using CS on Windows who are willing to fill any job openings...

Are you kidding me???! These are the same people who are willing to stake their lives that Macs don't get PC virus!

Oh wait.

They don't. :bsmilie:

no lah, Adobe is gonna surprise everyone by announcing their own super secure operating system, Adobinux®, which will run Creative Suite and form a VPN among all its users for a super secure experience... ;p
Zebra is best!!!:bsmilie:

I disagree... Red Leaf! :bsmilie:

Actually, really if i were adobe I would have considered pulling the plug on CS5 on Mac just to piss them off. ****. 90% of users are PC. :think: