Actual day photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure many eager digital novices would do it for free.. just for the experience, it doesnt hurt to have a few cams to capture that ONE MOMENT from different angles.. dont expect prints tho.. since it's free..

AReality said:
Just for my knowledge, how much is the average rate for a full day wedding, + dinner?

some as low as $250, some as high as $8888, so you average out... :D

Anyway, this had been discuss before.... do a search on wedding here will show some very interesting threads.

Hi to all,
I have copy and paste to MS_word and print out all the quotation from PM and reply. She ( my friends) will decide it.
Thank alot.

I'm not surprise at that rate of S$250.00. I have heard of S$80.00 for photographer & another S$80.00 for the assistance for the whole day. Film & developing - the couple have to pay.

Belived or not, there are people willing to do it. There's saying: when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. But it's all depend on your luck.

deencat said:
My advice to those who are going to get marry soon.

Cost of actual day photography is important.
But the quality and experiences of the photographer is even more important.

When you are looking at the photographer's portfolio, make sure you ask him/her for all the photos he/she have taken during that day but not only few photos from each event. (It is common sense that they will choose the best few photos out of each event to show you!)

If they cannot provide, forget it!! Cos those photos are probably the best photos they have ever taken out of hundreds during that event or events.

If you cannot afford to pay for a decent photographer for your actual day, post it here in clubsnap and ask for help, it really depends on your LUCK. (But don't expected too much and make sure you give them red pocket instead, not the $10, $20 kind, it is an insult to who offers free service to you)

Just my 2 cents

Not all photographers keeps ALL the photos from a wedding. I for example, edit it down to 30-40 photos. Easier to show, easier to transport, easier to keep. Imagine the amount of space it would need to keep like 300-400 prints per wedding! :bsmilie:

I usually try to show them a few sets so there's some variety, and clients can try to judge from there.

Nowadays, couples don't think too much of their actual day becoz of budget and other reasons. But like you, they'll probably regret later. The best bet for people on budget is to get a photographically-competent friend to do it. Trying to pay such low rates is creating a demand for such "spoil-market" photographers which does no good to anyone. I also hope couples will understand the stress and effort required to document their wedding, it's no trivial matter, especially for those who starts at like 5am in the morning. Too often, couples are too busy with their going-ons of the day that they overlook this.

Regards
CK

ayumilovesdanny said:
Hi guys and gals outhere,

pls do not spoil the market. at the end of the day, the couples will benefit from all this undecutting other people's rate.

I am a experience actual day wedding photographer. shud stick around in the region of SGD$750 to SGD$800 minimum.

Those couple who hires from the wedding studios photographers are goin to regret. Little or no experience in handling actual day. There is no control. So please stay away. This is not how you earn money.

Novice and beginnners should try and stay away. Ruining the couples once in a life time is a serious thing. You will get black listed sooner or later.

there is a joker out there who charges SGD$250.00!!!!! MAD!!!!!

This is an actual day. So there is no such thing as a reshoot!!!

All the photographers, let's unite and maintain a healthy market price!!!

Well said, I couldn't have put it across better myself....

ayumilovesdanny said:
Hi guys and gals outhere,

pls do not spoil the market. at the end of the day, the couples will benefit from all this undecutting other people's rate.

I am a experience actual day wedding photographer. shud stick around in the region of SGD$750 to SGD$800 minimum.

Those couple who hires from the wedding studios photographers are goin to regret. Little or no experience in handling actual day. There is no control. So please stay away. This is not how you earn money.

Novice and beginnners should try and stay away. Ruining the couples once in a life time is a serious thing. You will get black listed sooner or later.

there is a joker out there who charges SGD$250.00!!!!! MAD!!!!!

This is an actual day. So there is no such thing as a reshoot!!!

All the photographers, let's unite and maintain a healthy market price!!!

hi ayumilovesdanny,

your words abt novice and beginners staying away from wedding photography events are unkind. if novice and beginners are not given a chance at all, how can they improve or some would say "turn pro".

for such cases, it takes two to clap. if the couple and the would-be wedding photographer can agree on the pricing and the couple doesn't mind the photographer's lack of experience, then it's a win-win situation for both of them.

it is not a case of earning money here as you put it. please do not get so agitated and feel as though your ricebowl is being threatened here. i'm sure there are couples who are particular about the kind of quality photos they want and would go to better known wedding photographers. as many of the previous posters has put it, it is a matter of paying for what you will get.

these are my views and i just want to voice it out. not meaning to attack anyone. have a nice day! :)

CaeSiuM said:
hi ayumilovesdanny,

your words abt novice and beginners staying away from wedding photography events are unkind. if novice and beginners are not given a chance at all, how can they improve or some would say "turn pro".

for such cases, it takes two to clap. if the couple and the would-be wedding photographer can agree on the pricing and the couple doesn't mind the photographer's lack of experience, then it's a win-win situation for both of them.

it is not a case of earning money here as you put it. please do not get so agitated and feel as though your ricebowl is being threatened here. i'm sure there are couples who are particular about the kind of quality photos they want and would go to better known wedding photographers. as many of the previous posters has put it, it is a matter of paying for what you will get.

these are my views and i just want to voice it out. not meaning to attack anyone. have a nice day! :)

My take is, if novices/beginners want to shoot a wedding, please do so as a secondary photographer, and tell the couples to get an official photographer to cover their event. This way, they get to practice, and if they do something wrong, it's largely non-detrimental provided the official guy is competent enough.

Beginners/novices who are confident enough can opt to shoot for their friends "for free, but I appeal to them not to try to get out there and offer ridiculously low rates just so to build a portfolio. This is bad for everyone.

I understand one has to start somewhere, but this is not the way to do it.

Regards
CK

Well said CK.

I agree to keep or match the market rate around +-800, let's not have a price war like the telco. At the end if the rate is no good, what's the point of building your own portfolio by offering free or spolit market rate.

Just my 2 cents!

Letdoit, I sincerely hope you and your friend find someone willing to do the shoot for you, at whatever budget you've got. All the best and congrats to the couple!

As for the rest, maybe some thought for the thread-starter? Let's not turn this into another flame ground.

ayumilovesdanny said:
Yahooooo! Looks like there is more support coming up! I would have to say CK is 50% right 50% wrong. Well the way to build up folio is true that you should be a secondary photographer. But how many photographers in the market actually let you follow him/her to a wedding shoot? Would you? I wouldn't. It's not that I am afraid that it will take my rice bowl or whatever you can call it.

Well, depends of course. I've shot along side official photographers several times, they don't mind as long as you don't get in their way - and you should not get in their way. It's about the same as shooting along side a videographer.

You're right about taking a course, but nothing beats the hands on. But offering ridiculous rates/free for "non friends" is not the way to do it.

Like you said, I'd be glad if they keep it to around $800 +/-.

Regards
CK

What does the photographer offer for charging 1.5K. Does he includes editing the pix and print in on an album for you?

I am looking for an experience actual day photographer on digital format..any recommendation for budget around 1K?

deencat said:
Speaking from the experiences :embrass:
Now all my actual day photos are kept in a cold and dark place.
And I am regretting for not hiring a decent one :(
Even if you have engaged the world top prhotographer to take your wedding photos.. it will still end up in some dark corner. :(

My take,
just dun be too eager to jump into being the main photographer just to earn a meager SGD$300... if you are good, the couple will pay more, if not, the consequences are totally unbearable.

IF you really want to quote, kindly have your portfolio ready to justify and quote reasonably (SGD$700 and above) according to your abilities.

EVeryone wants a piece of the pie but dun sabo the market rates by underquoting. Therefore I'm in support with Deencat and CK's comments.

One day when you really "turn pro" then you will understand why the need to keep up the market rates.

Cheerz!

csv said:
What does the photographer offer for charging 1.5K. Does he includes editing the pix and print in on an album for you?

I am looking for an experience actual day photographer on digital format..any recommendation for budget around 1K?

Hiya!

It depends on a lot of factors.
1st off, the SGD$1.5K comprises of the professional rate of the photog.
2nd off, the number of films/ shots required.
3rd, the type of album type used (normal slot-in types or printed types with cold lami)
4th, the duration of the actual day (day/ night/ whole day) of coz
5th, photo treatment - enhanced/ edited

these are some of the main points.

Hope it helps!

;)
*If you are interested and still looking, do PM me for more details :)

less than $450 ?! don't spoil the market lah...

money is hard to earn for photogs, pay more..

some more actual day photographer is damn bloody tiring can..

besides, it's a once in a lifetime thing (unless you divorce) why can't fork out that extra $400 more to ensure you get better shots out of it ?

anyway i think one whole wedding can already cost like $30k (the one i went to yesterday cost $60k) so what's $400 more ?

SniperD said:
Hiya!

It depends on a lot of factors.
1st off, the SGD$1.5K comprises of the professional rate of the photog.
2nd off, the number of films/ shots required.
3rd, the type of album type used (normal slot-in types or printed types with cold lami)
4th, the duration of the actual day (day/ night/ whole day) of coz
5th, photo treatment - enhanced/ edited

these are some of the main points.

Hope it helps!

;)
*If you are interested and still looking, do PM me for more details :)

Thanks for the offered. I took the easy way out by approaching my photographer who did my photoshoot. I got to say he is on the ex. side..He refused to drop the price even i have spent almost 7K on the photoshoot alone.People always used the once in a life time thing..which looks like an excuse..Cos' of this statement..every 1K from little thing adds up to many many K..

sk_online said:
I'm sure many eager digital novices would do it for free.. just for the experience, it doesnt hurt to have a few cams to capture that ONE MOMENT from different angles.. dont expect prints tho.. since it's free..

just for conversation sake, isn't ONE good angle that can tell the story/mood well better than many different angles that can't do what that SINGLE photo can do ?

just look at photos from reputable publications, most just just a few STRONG photos to illustrate their story, rather than many weak ones.

:)

Azure said:
Letdoit, I sincerely hope you and your friend find someone willing to do the shoot for you, at whatever budget you've got. All the best and congrats to the couple!

As for the rest, maybe some thought for the thread-starter? Let's not turn this into another flame ground.

I believe there have found their own photographer.. I not sure who there looking for.. I gave the HP number who had post to me and there choose themselves.....

ahsiang said:
I'm not surprise at that rate of S$250.00. I have heard of S$80.00 for photographer & another S$80.00 for the assistance for the whole day. Film & developing - the couple have to pay.

Belived or not, there are people willing to do it. There's saying: when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. But it's all depend on your luck.
WOW!!! That very cheap, it cost only total $160 for 2 person helping to shoot the wedding?? Well, film and developing still owner have to pay.. i guess still reasonable..... I guess those want gain experience request less.. Maybe oneday i will be........(trying it)

Status
Not open for further replies.