A7r mk2

What is current street price? Still selling at RRP?

Hello guy.. Interested to get this mkii.. However.. I am looking for something similar to 17-55 lens before i jump... However can't seems to find something similar... Any recommendations. Thanks

Hello guy.. Interested to get this mkii.. However.. I am looking for something similar to 17-55 lens before i jump... However can't seems to find something similar... Any recommendations. Thanks
I suppose that should be 24-70 in full frame?

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Thanks.. But i am looking for f2.8. Can't seems to find... Also sony FE lens are very very limited

Thanks.. But i am looking for f2.8. Can't seems to find... Also sony FE lens are very very limited
With the high iso ability, you can do with 1-2 stop less. If you really need 2.8, then get the A Mount 24-70 f 2.8 and use an adapter.

With the high iso ability, you can do with 1-2 stop less. If you really need 2.8, then get the A Mount 24-70 f 2.8 and use an adapter.

Thanks... thinking whether to part my $$$
i am thinking of FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 also... basically use for portrait for my little gal..
any comment for this lens. Thanks

Last edited:
i am thinking of FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 also... basically use for portrait for my little gal..
How old is your girl? If she is going to be running around then you need at least f1.4 to 1.8 in my opinion.

Personally I will not go for the 24-240. I am using the 35 f1.4 for my girl.

How old is your girl? If she is going to be running around then you need at least f1.4 to 1.8 in my opinion.

Personally I will not go for the 24-240. I am using the 35 f1.4 for my girl.

my gal is pri 1.. taking into consideration that school event which i may not go near..
that's why i am looking at this lens though... although a bit heavy and bulky... i do not have to get another one
not sure am i right to say this.. thanks

Well, 1 good lens for one purpose might not be great for another. I would see which is the lens I need and use on a more frequent basis.

On days when I need a longer lens I would just rent them from camerarental.biz. It's very costly to own all the lens you need.

my gal is pri 1.. taking into consideration that school event which i may not go near..
that's why i am looking at this lens though... although a bit heavy and bulky... i do not have to get another one
not sure am i right to say this.. thanks

I use A7Rii with LA ea 3 with 70-400 Gii A mount.
Pretty good results.
Also 42 mp you can crop alot. (if you ever need to)

can be done..but due to small aperture. You might need to increase the ISO.. (A7Rii high ISO is consider good already)

24-240 is consider a multi purpose general type of lens.. It's not GREAT but its good enough and cover alot of range. Good for what it does.
Best glass in FE mount if you need a lens that can do wide to tele with a single lens. Also... at 240mm Full frame even F6.3 can give you quite alot of Bokeh too.

I dont have this lens but online review not bad so far for the money it ask for and it's purpose. Go down to 313 Sony shop and test it out yourself.

Last edited:

FE mount dont have a F2.8 zoom. Yet.
If you need F2.8 zoom. You will need to buy A mount or use other brand of lenses. All these require you to use a adapter too.

If not. You will have to look into/buy the primes to get > F2.8.
There are 28, 25, 35, 55, 85mm etc.

In any case. If they it ever comes out. It will be expensive, big, heavy too. And then...your lighter and smaller camera body may feel awkward or unbalanced then.

Last edited:
haha, thanks .. i was at imm sony shop yesterday... try out the A7rii... quite a good cam... but is pricey....
look high and low for something close to 2.8 but cannot find... store assistant also can't really advise....
therefore, did not commit... go home do homework first...

i have 7D... now wants to go light... but i have one tamron 17-55 and one sigma sigma 10-20mm
maybe selling if i decided to jump ship...

haha, thanks .. i was at imm sony shop yesterday... try out the A7rii... quite a good cam... but is pricey....
look high and low for something close to 2.8 but cannot find... store assistant also can't really advise....
therefore, did not commit... go home do homework first...

i have 7D... now wants to go light... but i have one tamron 17-55 and one sigma sigma 10-20mm
maybe selling if i decided to jump ship...

Why you need a f/2.8 zoom?
16-35 f/4 and 55 f/1.8 work well on my A7R.

i use the 16-35 F4 for events. there's no reason for an f2.8 zoom, unless you're shooting streets on holiday or if you're into Astrophotography

Why you need a f/2.8 zoom?
16-35 f/4 and 55 f/1.8 work well on my A7R.
I am used to the f2.8 available and i like the DOF whenever i take portrait...
So hope to find something similar