A6000

Anyone tried switching off NFC in the cam? Can't seem to find anyway to turn it off

Where u got the body for $810? keen to get one too. Thanks.

Hi. Is your A6000 at $810 with any freebies?

bought my from cathy photo.. i think default price wat 819 but due to quoting wrongly over the phone so give me discount of 810... 810 comes with free soft casing and 16gb card only..

Anyone tried switching off NFC in the cam? Can't seem to find anyway to turn it off

Just turn on airplane mode..it turns off wifi and nfc..you can't turn nfc off alone

Just turn on airplane mode..it turns off wifi and nfc..you can't turn nfc off alone

Oh ya! Why didn't I think of that. Hopefully airplane mode won't disable some shooting functions. Tks!

Someone told me best denki at takashimaya is selling the a6000 this week only at 499...true? Sounds too good to be true.

Myth.. called. They don't carry a6000 n that no such offer..

Myth.. called. They don't carry a6000 n that no such offer..

Haha, thanks for calling...so i wonder why he told me he saw and said he was going down to buy even...i was hoping it was true actually..i would've bought more..

Hi,

anyone knows if the SEL18105G and the SEL20F28 supports PDAF on A6000?

I'm getting confused with the information given. From sony.com.sg/support/download/523515/product/ilce-6000 and us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37074/p/40096%2C40680/c/65%2C66/kw/fast+hybrid+af/
it seems like the SEL18105G does not support Hybrid AF on A6000, but the information at sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-comp/ILCE-6000/list?f=acc-lens seems to suggest otherwise. Clicking on link for SEL18105G shows that the restriction is that "The [Lens Comp.: Distortion] setting will be set to Auto"

In comparison, if we click on the link for SEL16F28, there was a note stating that "Focal Plane Phase Detection AF" function does not work"

So if SEL18105G does not support PDAF, the a similar note should be there?

Anyone with the A6000 is able to verify?
thanks

*apologies for the ugly formatting. I'm too new to post links here

Last edited:
When I transfer image through wifi to my tablet the image size is like 300+ kb. When I put the sd card into my laptop the image is 5mb...will wifi not transfer the full size image or is one of my settings wrong?

When I transfer image through wifi to my tablet the image size is like 300+ kb. When I put the sad card into my laptop the image is 5mb...will wifi not transfer the full size image or is one of my settings wrong?
There is a settings within playmemories that specifies file size. Hope that helps.

Yeah found it. Thanks for the help...didn't see that option.

Just a question on the LCD, does the a6000 display lots of noise on the lcd screen especially during low light?
My a5000 does and im wondering if its normal.

Just a question on the LCD, does the a6000 display lots of noise on the lcd screen especially during low light?
My a5000 does and im wondering if its normal.

Did you mistake peaking for noise?

Anyway, noise is definitely present in low light, especially if the camera needs to boost ISO to generate the live view preview if the camera cannot gather enough light at ur selected aperture and shutter speed.

Did you mistake peaking for noise?

Anyway, noise is definitely present in low light, especially if the camera needs to boost ISO to generate the live view preview if the camera cannot gather enough light at ur selected aperture and shutter speed.
Dont think its peeking since im mounting the lens, its rather noisy under low light display. Especially the iso is high like you mention. As this is the first time i saw a view thru the lcd screen that shows the noise...which i never notice on my other camera. but the picture will usually turn out better than the live view display. So this is normal right?

Dont think its peeking since im mounting the lens, its rather noisy under low light display. Especially the iso is high like you mention. As this is the first time i saw a view thru the lcd screen that shows the noise...which i never notice on my other camera. but the picture will usually turn out better than the live view display. So this is normal right?

Yes it's normal. The camera is boosting iso to insane levels to give u a preview (the LCD refreshes at I dunno... 30frames per sec? Meaning each preview is 1/30 s or maybe slightly longer) that is approximate same exposure than ur desired camera setting, which may be for long exposures at low iso.

Yes it's normal. The camera is boosting iso to insane levels to give u a preview (the LCD refreshes at I dunno... 30frames per sec? Meaning each preview is 1/30 s or maybe slightly longer) that is approximate same exposure than ur desired camera setting, which may be for long exposures at low iso.

Thanks!

Hi,

anyone knows if the SEL18105G and the SEL20F28 supports PDAF on A6000?

I'm getting confused with the information given. From sony.com.sg/support/download/523515/product/ilce-6000 and us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37074/p/40096%2C40680/c/65%2C66/kw/fast+hybrid+af/
it seems like the SEL18105G does not support Hybrid AF on A6000, but the information at sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-comp/ILCE-6000/list?f=acc-lens seems to suggest otherwise. Clicking on link for SEL18105G shows that the restriction is that "The [Lens Comp.: Distortion] setting will be set to Auto"

In comparison, if we click on the link for SEL16F28, there was a note stating that "Focal Plane Phase Detection AF" function does not work"

So if SEL18105G does not support PDAF, the a similar note should be there?

Anyone with the A6000 is able to verify?
thanks

*apologies for the ugly formatting. I'm too new to post links here

you're posting two different links. one is to the firmware update page, while the other is a compatibility chart.

And as for the UK site, the Lens Compensation set to AUTO is fine.

have you even thought perhaps the A6000 already supports the SEL18105G?