A200 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, really is 10.2MP? Wondering if there's a diff btw. the A100 sensor and A200.

Hmm, really is 10.2MP? Wondering if there's a diff btw. the A100 sensor and A200.

they are using cmos sensor only, most of what A100 is will still be there only better low light conditions if you got A100 then wait for a better camera from sony like A900 or get the present A700. The only advantage of A200: Sony own Vertical Grip,Higher ISO and using a new sensor. The rest not much changes except for the design.

return of pop up flash!!

Auto pop-up flash
In Auto and Scene Selection modes, the built-in flash pops up automatically whenever it is needed. Even when you're shooting outdoors in daylight, if the α200 senses that a subject is backlit, the flash will pop up to provide additional illumination. Flash power is rated GN12 (85mm, ISO100·m), with wide enough coverage to allow use with an 18mm fisheye lens.

return of pop up flash!!

Auto pop-up flash
In Auto and Scene Selection modes, the built-in flash pops up automatically whenever it is needed. Even when you're shooting outdoors in daylight, if the α200 senses that a subject is backlit, the flash will pop up to provide additional illumination. Flash power is rated GN12 (85mm, ISO100·m), with wide enough coverage to allow use with an 18mm fisheye lens.

thks for your infor but in comparison of A100 & A200 do u think it is worth investing to change the A100 to A200 or wait for better models?

thks for your infor but in comparison of A100 & A200 do u think it is worth investing to change the A100 to A200 or wait for better models?

You'll be "upgrading" from an entry-level body to another entry-level body if you do so.

IMHO, Its not worth upgrading from A100 to A200. Maybe KM5D to A200 is alright.

Higher ISO ? --> if they offer higher ISO range, then ppl make noise about the noise...

1.7 times of A100's AF speed? --> Not much improvement leh. If really want fast AF, go for A700.

Better menus layout? --> I believe A100 users already used to A100's. Rather easy to use already.

Better LCD ? --> nothing beats viewing from PC monitor.

Vertical Grip? --> it dun comes free wooh. A100 has 3rd party grip too.

Pop-up flash? --> i'm not lazy, so dun mind manually bring up the flash.
--------------

Just my opinion. everyone's definition of "worth" might differ.

hi,

think is ccd, not cmos..so the image quality may 'suffer' a bit jus like a100 at high iso?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08010701sonydslra200.asp

it depends, for higher iso and low light, CMOS is much better. In image quality wise, it also depend on personal taste, pics taken from CMOS looks flat and softer, they lack the
"hardness" effect compared to CCD ones

Anyone knows when it is coming to singapore. :)

I also say if you have the A100, not worth the upgrade. My personal philosophy is to wait for 2 generations later (for models within the same series), then can consider upgrading.

And I actually don't like auto pop-up flash. When trying to be discreet, and you forgot to disable the flash, there's a tendency for it to pop up at the wrong time.

return of pop up flash!!

Auto pop-up flash
This is most likely to target newbie, but with flash synx speed at 1/160s, how are they going to solve the overexpose problem backlit subject in bright day light. :sweat:

i see improvement iso 1600 is actually very usuable

I agree too. The details are preserved pretty well. I'd use ISO1600 on this machine. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.