Tamron releases their NEX E-mount lens ...

I pray everyday that they will release an E mount version of the Tamron 90mm f/2.8.

Anthony Lee said:
Suggesting that they release an E mount version.

I was hoping for this too

x0tiq said:
wot sad bout it is that it won't fit to NEX cams.
Unless you buy an adapter

I got an adapter and mount my tamy 17-50. It works great but handling wise sucks

dun understand at all why they released 18-200 while sony already had it... :dunno:

dun understand at all why they released 18-200 while sony already had it... :dunno:

Because it's an easy adaptation from their existing 18-200, and most NEX users already have a 18-55, but are hunting for the scarce, and overpriced, Sony 18-200 lens.

i c...any idea how much would it be?

Nope. We're all waiting for that info too. We know the japanese pricing, but that's whack-out crazy thanks to the exchange rate.

My guess would be around SGD700-800 streetprice.

Any higher than that makes it difficult for people to accept unless it's damn good optically which I doubt.

They should have make a nex version of their successful 17-50 F2.8 and even at SGD1k, I think many will still buy it.

They should have make a nex version of their successful 17-50 F2.8 and even at SGD1k, I think many will still buy it.

+1 :thumbsup:

but Tamron might think not so many ppl want to take the advantage 17-50 over 18-55 (the existing one).
They scared they can't sell. I'm sure alot of ppl will say 'aiyaaah only 1mm different what? why must buy?'
consider NEX is not for pro photography, so most of NEX user won't care about the aperture etc

as for 18-200mm, they will think "whooaaa I can shoot landscape and close up with 1 lens. no need to buy anymore lens".
IMHO...

normanho23 said:
Lighter and smaller but min focusing distance is 50cm which is kind of long in my opinion.

It depends on the focal length it applies to. Well, usually it's just the short end. Anyway, only the max. magnification tells the whole store.

Try this lens at Bangkok mbk. Price is 24900THB. Look and feel exactly like the SEL18-200. Can't try the SEL18200. Out of stock in city area due to Sony promotion in bkk