A test of concentration - Critique this

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL !!! no thats not it (not the thread nor the ring) ..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: those have been spotted already earlier in this thread

Last edited:
:mad2:... i'm really no good at portraits. dun know where to look.

lemme try again...
this black tape thingy?
ajayselle1.jpg

Wow, up to now nobody's spotted or commented on the MOST glaring fault with this image...... YOU (guys) are staring right at it and still cannot see it ??? ha ha ha :)

:think::think::dunno:

LOL !!! no thats not it (not the thread nor the ring) ..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: those have been spotted already earlier in this thread

is it the patchy thing under her right boob? what's that?

lol OK, come on, lets get the honest critique efforts in !

Tell us something new that has not been mentioned yet

CKPs and wankers stay out of this thread if you can help it, can ? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
lol OK, come on, lets get the honest critique efforts in !

Tell us something new that has not been mentioned yet

CKPs and wankers stay out of this thread if you can help it, can ? :bsmilie:

i think you should delete it and take more photos :embrass:

I not good in this kind of shots but i hope to have some eye contact with the model when shooting portraits of them :p

There is some potential in this model, I would have her re style and to be taken under studio lighting where I would have more control on lighting, backgrd effect etc to create a moody feel.

Unable to spot anything that u mentioned, anyway I think this pic is a misfit of everything.

As a Mod, you'd gone the extra miles.

Last edited:
i think you should delete it and take more photos :embrass:

aiyoo ..... pls read the disclaimers on the first post ;) ..... and I DO take more photos :bsmilie:

ok next time i will use a male subject

aiyoo ..... pls read the disclaimers on the first post ;) ..... and I DO take more photos :bsmilie:

ok next time i will use a male subject

no la lol i know... i just don't know what is the obvious mistake you were talking about hahaha

sorry, i wasn't trying to be offensive haha

is it the patchy thing under her right boob? what's that?

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

Those are skin-tone bandages below her right and left boobs ...... she'd just finished an enlargement procedure 2 weeks ago (God knows why, she was already top heavy before the op) and the incision was still healing..... totally escaped me too until a whole 20mins into the shoot .

Morale of this critique : Its easy enough to critique a poorly exposed and/or composed unpleasing image ..... but as photographers we need to see and understand an image beyond first impressions and eye-candy type distractions

Working with a more experienced photog than me, a subject like Jay could tag-team a good photog and turn out nuclear-powered images

Will be going through my archives to see what to throw at you guys next week

Its been a blast fellas ! Continue commenting if you've not gotten the load off your chest (no pun intended)

p/s Jayselle featured here..... apart from being a total babe and very easy on the eye, she is a very good person to be working with , loads of jokes and full of ideas.... very down to earth and no airs about her

Last edited:
Oh my...silicon! yikes!

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

Those are skin-tone bandages below her right and left boobs ...... she'd just finished an enlargement procedure 2 weeks ago (God knows why, she was already top heavy before the op) and the incision was still healing..... totally escaped me too until a whole 20mins into the shoot .

Morale of this critique : Its easy enough to critique a poorly exposed and/or composed unpleasing image ..... but as photographers we need to see and understand an image beyond first impressions and eye-candy type distractions

Working with a more experienced photog than me, a subject like Jay could tag-team a good photog and turn out nuclear-powered images

Its been a blast guys ! Continue commenting if you've not gotten the load off your chest (no pun intended)

p/s Jayselle featured here..... apart from being a total babe and very easy on the eye, she is a very good person to be working with , loads of jokes and full of ideas

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

Its been a blast guys ! Continue commenting if you've not gotten the load off your chest (no pun intended)

p/s Jayselle featured here..... apart from being a total babe and very easy on the eye, she is a very good person to be working with , loads of jokes and full of ideas

Chey. And I was still thinking "if only I knew how to PP away those dark shadows under her boobies"... :rolleyes:

This has been very educational.
And I think it's a good exercise to have experienced photographers throw a pic out to the open for the sake of constructive critique.
Too bad I didn't know how to critique this round.
Maybe next week I will try again.
Thanks, ed9119.

she should do something about the area near her pelvis. looks like it's hair.

ed, i don't see them at all, even after you mention it. can highlight with pink pen in photoshop?

besides, i don't really look at the boob area............. :bsmilie:

Err... so is the whole point of this exercise just about the boobs or what? I kinda feel like I just took an exam where you don't get results back, and in fact, I took a Maths exam that was testing my English language. :embrass:

Errr..her pose isn't that flattering?..highlighting her 'love-handles'?..sorry but i never try shooting models before because i'm really bad with it :embrass:..but i really love to try one day.

as above brader wildcat :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.