a good semi pro cam

get iphone 4s. 8 megapixel, more than enough. haha

than go photojojo and buy those WA lens

I think that if you want a semi-pro camera, then your options are pretty much the Canon 60D or 7D, or the Nikon D7000 or above. You don't want to get caught in a situation where you tell someone that you bought a semi-pro camera, and show them a point and shoot.

Look to spend around $2500 and above for a semi pro camera (including one or two lenses).

If you're looking to just take decent pictures, then a lot of the recommendations given earlier are great - even the iPhone recommendation. But try not to tell people that you have a semi pro camera.

I think that if you want a semi-pro camera, then your options are pretty much the Canon 60D or 7D, or the Nikon D7000 or above. You don't want to get caught in a situation where you tell someone that you bought a semi-pro camera, and show them a point and shoot.

Look to spend around $2500 and above for a semi pro camera (including one or two lenses).

If you're looking to just take decent pictures, then a lot of the recommendations given earlier are great - even the iPhone recommendation. But try not to tell people that you have a semi pro camera.

Why only Nikon and Canon? Look to Pentax - K5 and Sony's A77, I don't think they cost that much. My point is there are other companies out there that made semi-pro camera and all of them made great cameras. DO not limit yourself to just Canon and Nikon.

Anyway, I think TS had disappeared, he/she might already gotten the camera he/she wanted... it was a thread from July... and it had been 3 months now.