6D5N Taiwan

I'm sure you'll have plenty to shoot at the farm. Your GF can be your model for some outdoor portrait shoots ;)

I've never been to Sun Moon Lake before, but Alishan is a great place! Great weather, breath-taking sceneries. But also depends on your luck. When I was there, I did not manage to see sunrise because it was too misty. :(

Perhaps you can go there for honeymoon next time. Go experience the homestay..The one i stayed at was Small Swiss. It was fantastic! Can search for more info on web :)

Nothing at Sun Moon Lake if you are expecting much from the name..But there are alot of other things to take. If you happen to be at the Wen Wu Temple during their special occasion, then that will be different stories. In the evening, you can climb up the tower for nite shot over the lake. But remember to bring torch light.

We are advised not to go alishan when I was there last year. Because of the earthquake, the track in the mountain is destoryed. Have to climb up to see sunrise. Tell you, that is no joke. On the first trip, I set off at around 4.30am and reach the top at around 6am. Everyone wear a sweater because of cold, and I am all wet because of the gears I carried...heheee...I went to another mountain which I find is much more beautiful than alishan..Can't rmb the name till I come across again.

Little Swiss is nice..but go in on Sunday and stay till monday. Only on sunday there are sheep shows. On normal days, there are basically nothing there. Enjoy the hot pot in the evening with the cool weather....:D

Alot of place in torago is closed due to earthquake too. If you dare, there are illegal paths that goes all the way down to the stream..is nice there...:cool:..just dont get caught...hehee...

There are lots to discover. 6days are too short. I have not cover alot of place when I was there 16days. Don't be too greedy. Just cover the northern part of taiwan.

I'm sure you'll have plenty to shoot at the farm. Your GF can be your model for some outdoor portrait shoots ;)

I've never been to Sun Moon Lake before, but Alishan is a great place! Great weather, breath-taking sceneries. But also depends on your luck. When I was there, I did not manage to see sunrise because it was too misty. :(

Perhaps you can go there for honeymoon next time. Go experience the homestay..The one i stayed at was Small Swiss. It was fantastic! Can search for more info on web :)

AH speaking of alishan. i was crazy enough to go up the mountain in a bloody teeshirt and jeans. seriously underdressed. didnt really like the sunrise, nothing spectacular, yet the cold morning wind was seriously wonderful:D immediately makes u jump awake.

dun place photography as ur first piroirity. gf first, have fun is next. if u treat this like some assignment ur gonna be emo LOL. take photos for memories, not for clients;)

weather is summer. pretty much hot sweaty and its like singapore.:cool:

pretty much summer nothign one. winter always nicer:bsmilie:

on plus side, u seldom have drizzles. drizzles occur during winters

I don't mind if its hot, would be more unfortunate if most days are rained out, cost seemed like high precipitation records in June...

AH speaking of alishan. i was crazy enough to go up the mountain in a bloody teeshirt and jeans. seriously underdressed. didnt really like the sunrise, nothing spectacular, yet the cold morning wind was seriously wonderful:D immediately makes u jump awake.

dun place photography as ur first piroirity. gf first, have fun is next. if u treat this like some assignment ur gonna be emo LOL. take photos for memories, not for clients;)

yea definitely. just came back and realised 3/4 of my shots were self portraits with her and various places like ximending and shilin night market etc etc....

and more of food photography la.. at least, for Taipei.

not much to take these few days. raining out and low lying clouds.. hazy and cold, or at least when i was there.

I don't mind if its hot, would be more unfortunate if most days are rained out, cost seemed like high precipitation records in June...

yea i'd prefer grandeur scenery and less haze thank you... :bsmilie:

didn't get much of scenic shots.. but did get stares when i whipped out the DSLR..

Taipei is not a bad place to stuff yourself and gain weight.. but imho, not a good place for landscape photography. Streets and food.. maybe macro shooting would be suitable. :D

yea definitely. just came back and realised 3/4 of my shots were self portraits with her and various places like ximending and shilin night market etc etc....

and more of food photography la.. at least, for Taipei.

not much to take these few days. raining out and low lying clouds.. hazy and cold, or at least when i was there.

yea i'd prefer grandeur scenery and less haze thank you... :bsmilie:

didn't get much of scenic shots.. but did get stares when i whipped out the DSLR..

Taipei is not a bad place to stuff yourself and gain weight.. but imho, not a good place for landscape photography. Streets and food.. maybe macro shooting would be suitable. :D
ahh. welcome back! nice to hear u had fun. taipei ximending got go?:bsmilie:

ahh. welcome back! nice to hear u had fun. taipei ximending got go?:bsmilie:

Yup! went there twice in face.. once to eat the ah zong mian xian.. that was good!

2nd time went to eat the ya rou bian.. and was wondering why it costed so much for duck meat.. until when i went back, our driver told us it was goose meat! talk about swaku.. hahah..:bsmilie:

but it was not too bad.. nice stuff.

also went to miramar complex.. songshan airport.. xin guang san yue which is like all over the place.. Taipei 101.. many other places too but din get to go to the mountains.. hais.

High blood pressure place.. MRT is convenient but is more rushing and stressful than SG's MRT system! literally don't have to move into the train.. ppl behind will push u in.. :bsmilie:

an experience never to forget.

great to hear great to hear :)

I am going Taiwan in 2 weeks time for 10D9N. Will be going to Sun Moon Lake, Yangmingshan, Danshui, Juifen then Taipei.

Stuffs going to bring:
1 Canon 500D
1 Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
1 Canon 50mm f1.8
1 Battery Grip
3 LP-E5
1 Charger
1 Flash
4 Rechargeable batteries
1 Charger
1 Tripod
2 8GB SD Card
1 Laptop
1 Harddisk
Still considering whether want to bring my Loewepro Flipside 300

Planning to go taipei to check whether their Lens and accessories is it cheaper.
Anybody know?

I am going Taiwan in 2 weeks time for 10D9N. Will be going to Sun Moon Lake, Yangmingshan, Danshui, Juifen then Taipei.

Stuffs going to bring:
1 Canon 500D
1 Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
1 Canon 50mm f1.8
1 Battery Grip
3 LP-E5
1 Charger
1 Flash
4 Rechargeable batteries
1 Charger
1 Tripod
2 8GB SD Card
1 Laptop
1 Harddisk

Planning to go taipei to check whether their Lens and accessories is it cheaper.
Anybody know?

From what i saw in Taipei, didn't see much camera shops.. those i went into were actually same price/slightly more expensive than SG. you can try, but personally i won't buy from Taiwan.. yup.

your setup seems light. couple it with a backpack and u can use it to trek already. i think for your laptop and HDD u might not have to bring, unless u want to surf the internet during your stay in the hotel. 2 8GB cards should be sufficient for 10D.. i brought 2 8GB CF cards and shot in raw+jpeg mode.. photos didn't even fill up one CF card.. but then again, some of my photos were in my S90 so yea..

yup.. do go there and enjoy yourself! rainy season, so do pack in some warm clothes. the wind can be chilly.. :D

Stuffs going to bring:
1 Canon 500D
1 Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
1 Canon 50mm f1.8
1 Battery Grip
3 LP-E5
1 Charger
1 Flash
4 Rechargeable batteries
1 Charger
1 Tripod
2 8GB SD Card
1 Laptop
1 Harddisk

Anybody know?

ahh. nice nice ur going to the cultural scenic places. as far as i know, prices arent cheaper hmm. i rather u buy in sg from ms color bah. safer too.

and if u want, harddisk leave at home bah. sd card just 8gb can liao. i never busted my 4gb limit in a day yet :D

I just come back from Taipei 6D5N family trip.
Just bring along my 7D w grip and 10-22mm & 24-105mm with 2 batteries and Gorillapod.

Is good enough to cover my whole trip.
:D;):D

Last edited:
There's a camera street in Taipei near Ximending and Wan Hua commercial district. that's where they shoot the movie Monga. Let us know about the prices!

Thanks and happy trip!

From what i saw in Taipei, didn't see much camera shops.. those i went into were actually same price/slightly more expensive than SG. you can try, but personally i won't buy from Taiwan.. yup.

your setup seems light. couple it with a backpack and u can use it to trek already. i think for your laptop and HDD u might not have to bring, unless u want to surf the internet during your stay in the hotel. 2 8GB cards should be sufficient for 10D.. i brought 2 8GB CF cards and shot in raw+jpeg mode.. photos didn't even fill up one CF card.. but then again, some of my photos were in my S90 so yea..

yup.. do go there and enjoy yourself! rainy season, so do pack in some warm clothes. the wind can be chilly.. :D

Last edited:
Hi, I thought now is summer season. How come is raining season leh?

Hi, I thought now Taiwan is summer season. How come is rainy leh?

Hi! Summer season is also typhoon season. Met the Typhoon Morakot there last year myself.

Last edited:

I don't know, I was told it would be approaching summer when i was there.. it was, for the first 2 days..

then it rained.

then the weather all the way was cool... comfortable cool.. but got much colder until the aircon in the departmental stores were warmer than the outside..

and my girlfriend who is currently studying in hsinchu told me it still has been raining since i left.

dunno what's up with the weather... :dunno:

I just come back from Taipei 6D5N family trip.
Just bring along my 7D w grip and 10-22mm & 24-105mm with 2 batteries and Gorillapod.

Is good enough to cover my whole trip.
:D;):D

haha.. that's a light setup too!

i got tired carrying my 40D + 17-55 + 10-22 + 580EXII, batteries and stuff.

but maybe, i think the lowepro fastpack 200 duzen have very good cushioning on the straps..

what bag did u use to carry your gear in?

haha.. that's a light setup too!

i got tired carrying my 40D + 17-55 + 10-22 + 580EXII, batteries and stuff.

but maybe, i think the lowepro fastpack 200 duzen have very good cushioning on the straps..

what bag did u use to carry your gear in?

Yes, is light compare to my weekend gear..
I using a National GEO M-size back pack.
But my wife still complain very heavy!!! (Since I'm the one is carrying it)

Oh fogot to add on... My Iphone to update my FB and Canon P&S.

Oh ya... I also bring along Optech rain cover protection....

My weekend will be either this;

1) 10-22mm, 24-105mm, 85mm f1.2L
2) 10-22mm, 24-70mm F2.8L, 85mm F1.2
3) 10-22mm, 24-70mm F2.8L, 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM and 85mm f1.2L.
and lasty my GT1541T tripod

But with all these gear, I'm looking for a bigger back pack now..
In the process of eating grasses to get a Kata B-Bee 222.....

I have a shoulder bag but carry with all this gear will break my shoulder.....:sweat:
So I still preferred back pack....

Last edited:
So! that how u guys train for IPPT!

i also wanna get there but i do not know, how much is the air ticket hotel price and how much should i bring.

Me too planning for a 6D5N Taiwan in taipei. My buget is around S$2K is it enough for two people? Inculding hotel stay(no need to be 5 Star but at least a 3 or 4 star), air ticket(buget airline also can) and food there?

Please advise?