60D or 7D

i also considering between 60d and 7d. right now i considering 2nd hand 7d and brand new 60d. Ts what make u buy 60d over 7d?

i also considering between 60d and 7d. right now i considering 2nd hand 7d and brand new 60d. Ts what make u buy 60d over 7d?

If you are willing to pay for a 2nd hand 7D and willing to take the weight and does not need vari-angle display, just go for it.

If you are willing to pay for a 2nd hand 7D and willing to take the weight and does not need vari-angle display, just go for it.

that the 2 point i not very sure about it.

Last edited:

Well... for the weigh and ergonomic factor, none of us can tell you anything because it is very personal. Just go down to the shop and had a feel of both 7D and 60D, see if the ergonomic suits you. You don't even have to buy right away, get a feel of how it is going to be like side by side. Only get the one that you feel best. Who knows, you might even end up with a Pentax or a Sony or a Nikon.

I think i will go down to the shop to try it :D

Desimond said:

Without holding one in ur hand, you won't know what kind of weight u will be expecting. Sometimes, it may be too painful to lug the brick along to shoot and you simply just leave it at home.

Vari angle LCD is also very personal. Some uk magazine even go to the extend to lower the score for D7k than 60D just for this features, while for me, I hate Vari-angle LCD because I find it fragile and I hate losing the 4 to 5 bottoms on the left of the LCD.
If D800 were to design with Vari-angle, I might buy a D700 right away..

So, it's too personal to answer these two question for you, go get a feel of both the camera at canon showroom. Make sure u consider the weight with a lens on it.

@Desimond

I went down to get a feel. 7D feels shiok and viewfinder coupled with its razor sharp focusing really tempted me to spend that extra 1k(almost). Not to mention that it shoots at 8fps...

However I'm not really a sports shooter, so the speedy features are really only good to have. I more at the exploring stage of photography so I want something that can shoot faster than my 550D.

The 60D is then the butter zone. Faster, more cross-type focus pts, and the vari-angle LCD lets me play around more in terms of creative perspective when composing.

I think more seasoned and pro guys may be quick to bash the Movable LCD. But when u need that super low perspective, it beats lying on the dusty ground.

Oh ya, and it's lighter plus I decided to buy something cheaper while saving up for the 5DM3

Hope this helps...

weeloong said:
I think more seasoned and pro guys may be quick to bash the Movable LCD. But when u need that super low perspective, it beats lying on the dusty ground.

See we have 3 different views for the Vari-LCD alone, u got to answer this for urself. Meanwhile let's enjoy the crash and burns of shops selling 5Dmk3 lower lower and even lower ^^

OK noted will go down to the shop to try it later. What the best lens for Crop sensor ? looking at sigma 17-50

xiaosen said:
OK noted will go down to the shop to try it later. What the best lens for Crop sensor ? looking at sigma 17-50

The same problem yet again, there aren't any best lenses. It all depends what are you shooting. Try using any 17-50 or 17-55 and shoot a bug. Is that the best? You arguably find the best lens for each purpose but there's no such thing as the best lens.

There is one however, it's the pair above your cheeks. And the best camera to work with is the one between ur ears.

Well,it really depends what your you generally shoot at...?First of all,you must familiarize yourself with the lens & decide which focal distance you shoot mostly in.then decided on the lens.Anyway,the Canon 17-55mm is a pretty good lens,comparable to the L series but much cheaper.You may want to rent some kens before you confirm which lens you prefer.Cheers!

weeloong said:
when u need that super low perspective, it beats lying on the dusty ground..

That's what I do...

Hi,

I'm currently using a 550D...

Thinking of upgrading my body... choices are between the 60D and 7D.

From what I know, the differences in terms of IQ is very minimal between the 2.

The faster shoot speed of the 60D, I can live with and the vari-angle LCD is also a plus point, however, it seems that for a little more dough, I can get even faster shooting speeds and a ultra fast focusing system...

So.. I'm in a dilema here... I mean if the 7D had a vari-angle LCD, I have no qualms buying it straight away..

Is my obsession with the vari-angle LCD too much?

without vari-angle lcd i think is ok...
odd angle i use live view is still ok...
never really had very strange angle that live view cant do stilll...

twisted illusion said:
without vari-angle lcd i think is ok...
odd angle i use live view is still ok...
never really had very strange angle that live view cant do stilll...

Only when u want to be Edison Chen and you diedie must frame properly.

Cowseye said:
Only when u want to be Edison Chen and you diedie must frame properly.

Seems like u never complete watching his selection..

Lol, I'm more interested in the women he took. All I saw was a few that he tried taking himself in it.

i better stop replying you... seems like out of topic..