Not open for further replies.
CSLee said:
Wow,all of you have a very nice shoot,These are my Shoots below

62929984.jpg

62980373.jpg

62980375.jpg

62929986.jpg

62980381.jpg
of all the models i find Iris is the hardest to capture the mood....u done a good job bro
love yr shot on iris

yr series is quite different from the rest. seldon see Pentax users posting. mostly swarmed by cxxxx, nxxxx, kx. Post more! yr shots are :thumbsup:

Luval said:
err that model is not Iris ..
either i need a change of spec ...or u need one..:bsmilie:

PICT6376-1C.jpg

Luval said:
what happen to the colour of ur no . 6 photo.. way of the chart .. it goes for the rest

i burn out the color loh.....

Guys let get back to earth.....

Sorry but I have to say that the :

1) BG is way too messy.
2) Lighting is all over the place.
3) Mirrors are dirty.
4) Make-up are done averagely.
5) Side lighting is too harsh.
6) 60's theme but I can't really feel it's the 60's

not perfect...agreed ...wish it could be done in a better way....but then ..that always next time:)

Pro Image said:

1) BG is way too messy.
3) Mirrors are dirty.

Danny hit it squarely on the head of the nail.

As some said, things are not perfect, and there is always next time. I think that is a cop out, a week attempt for an excuse. But, hey, cie la vie, some people are just not demanding and easily satisfied. What can I say.

However, 2 comments. It's a 60's shoot. It's a period theme shoot. Not only can I not place and feel the 60's from the pictures posted, but I just cannot feel any specific period portraited int eh pictures. they are all over the place. A cheongsam does not makes it the 60's.

The other comments is, I know the place of the shoot extremely well. I know that building extremely well. Stuffing 6 modles and 20+ photographers in that place is just bad planning, bad organisation and impossible to execute.

The first comment is for everyone, organiser, models, stylist if there was one, and the make up artists. The second comment, unfortunately, must be directed at the orgainser. She should know the place just won't work. The place is just way too small for this size crowd.

Deadpoet said:
Danny hit it squarely on the head of the nail.

As some said, things are not perfect, and there is always next time. I think that is a cop out, a week attempt for an excuse. But, hey, cie la vie, some people are just not demanding and easily satisfied. What can I say.
from the way u put it....it seem inexcusable for somebody to make a mistake isszit?:devil:
how yr famous shoot at trevis fountain of corina? u forgot so soon?
we all make mistake..
anyway yr comment/critique is appreciate

A lot of ppl complain about the place(too small,messy,blah,blah ...), but this is a very good chance and place to train our skill.
A good photographer can take nice picture at what ever time or place.so we must try our best to overcome these problem.

CSLee said:
A lot of ppl complain about the place(too small,messy,blah,blah ...), but this is a very good chance and place to train our skill.
A good photographer can take nice picture at what ever time or place.so we must try our best to overcome these problem.

I agree to that.....Its a training that most photographers needed.... moreover who never squeeze in a room so small that 20 over photographers still can stand ard n get decent pics that were post in pg 1 and 2....

yilishengxian,eow and Cyber, your pictures are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

The percentage of a photographer learning with 20 plus other photographers squeeze in a small room with 6 models.......well I can say the possibilty is about zero to none.

Sorry to say this but this is NOT a good training at all as there is nothing to train on.

To planned 6 models with 20 plus other photographers in a span on 3 hours plus in a area like Xenbar, it's close to impossible. I know to say this is unfair to the organiser to say all this but it's a good lesson to learn from all this. I am pretty sure the organiser will never never planned the same one again.

eow said:
from the way u put it....it seem inexcusable for somebody to make a mistake isszit?:devil:
how yr famous shoot at trevis fountain of corina? u forgot so soon?
we all make mistake..
anyway yr comment/critique is appreciate
Your ability to compare apples and oranges is amazing. Kudos to you.

One was a chance encouter, I took a few snap shots. The other was an organized event where people paid to join.

Mistakes, everyone makes them, but, as a business, organizing model shoot is a business, there are minimum standards. Making sure the venue is big enough for the participant is a minimum standard. Making sure sure you deliver the products as you advertised, here we are talking about the 60's theme and look, is a minimum standard.

CSLee said:
yilishengxian,eow and Cyber, your pictures are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
Tks CSLee

CSLee said:

Train skills? Fat hope. The first thing that should be learnt is SOCIAL ETIQUETTE.

To be frank, most of the shots posted look like candid snapshots - the model's eyes are gazing somewhere else.

Pro Image said:

1) BG is way too messy.
3) Mirrors are dirty.

Wait till i show you the eyebag shots I have :nono: So obvious, yet the MUA didnt notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.