5D or 1Dm2

Status
Not open for further replies.
5D is cheaper to maintain...
1dmk2 costs more....

When your shutter goes.. 5D cheaper to replace... when your batteries go, 5D cheaper to replace...

If you are a kluckz.. ie drop or bang everything you handle.. go mk2.. its built to stand torture..

If you like shooting ultrawides.. 5D, Teles.. mk2...

Ceterus paribus...
And when your sensor goes?! :eek:
Haha...:bsmilie: Just kidding! I think u have put it quite succinctly there. :thumbsup:

Just to add, you can bring 5D (with a 24-105) everywhere u go cos it's smaller/lighter, and 24-105 covers the range pretty well. On the 1.3x crop, you'll need at least 2 lenses to cover the same focal length range.

Batteries are so small and light you can have lots of spares and worry less about batteries going out on you, e.g. when going on a long trip with no convenient places to recharge batteries.

thankfully canon products are quite reliable.. so they rarely have problems. hehe.. so the 5D FF would be added advantage compared to the 1DmII..

1DS MK II will solve the dilemma.

And when your sensor goes?! :eek:
Haha...:bsmilie: Just kidding! I think u have put it quite succinctly there. :thumbsup:

Just to add, you can bring 5D (with a 24-105) everywhere u go cos it's smaller/lighter, and 24-105 covers the range pretty well. On the 1.3x crop, you'll need at least 2 lenses to cover the same focal length range.

Batteries are so small and light you can have lots of spares and worry less about batteries going out on you, e.g. when going on a long trip with no convenient places to recharge batteries.

Actually 24mm on 1.3x crop is wide enough for walkabout. I even covered an event with my 24-70f2.8 and 70-200f2.8IS on my 1Dmk2. As for battery life, I shot entire 12 hrs event with only 1 battery. (of course I have a spare).

Back to TS question. I had never used the 5D but had tried it before. Tried as it only testing for a while. I love the widness on the FF. So my choice would be like this.

If you shoot more on the wide side, go for the FF 5D but if you are like me who shoot mostly on the tele side and think even 600mm is too short, go for 1Dmk2 (or probrably the 1Dmk2N as it cost about the same for 2nd hand). The N version have a bigger LCD and more buffer and picture style.

I use a film camera if i really need wide as seldom shoot wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.