55-300 vs 50-200 AF speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many positive feedbacks on the 55-300, I feel my $499 growing wings already!

When it was 700+, I did not even consider it.
Now that it is 499, suddenly I have a 'need' for this zoom lens! Strange right? :confused:

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting the 50-200 in the next 2 months, but now you guys keep pushing the 55-300, my BBB devil has apparently murdered my $$$ saving angel while I was reading this thread. Ah... Great...

Only my wife can stop me now... hahaha

I was thinking of getting the 50-200 in the next 2 months, but now you guys keep pushing the 55-300, my BBB devil has apparently murdered my $$$ saving angel while I was reading this thread. Ah... Great...

You sure about that . . . :devil:;p

Just tell your wife, if you buy the DA50-200, later you'd feel it's not long enough, you'd either get another longer one, or sell the DA50-200 and buy a DA55-300. This would cost you even more. Better just buy the DA55-300 straight away and be done w/ it :)

This sure will get her permission ;)

uh,,,what were you saying?
Oh right, about the 55-300...:bsmilie:
Very cute model!

Thanks, hopefully you can join the DA55-300 gang soon !

Hey Arthur, got models to shoot already ;p Seems you are getting along w/ the locals very well :cool:
Hi Fengwei, not really a model shoot, but there was a Canon promo booth at Wukesong camera market, so they setup studio lights for people to take photo of their models. So I was there checking out some 2nd hand stuff as well. Saw a few FA20-35 F4 selling for about SGD490 before bargaining and other FA lenses like the 80-200 F2.8 :) Anyway I haven't met any local Pentaxians yet, now organising a meet up with a few non-locals this weekend.

Wah Arthur... nice model... I want to go to Beijing. :sweat:
Come la.. I got spare rooms if you wanna stay hehe.

Saw a few FA20-35 F4 selling for about SGD490 before bargaining and other FA lenses like the 80-200 F2.8 :)

Wow you should buy the FA20-35! You should know the new lens price in Singapore.

Thanks, hopefully you can join the DA55-300 gang soon !

Hi Fengwei, not really a model shoot, but there was a Canon promo booth at Wukesong camera market, so they setup studio lights for people to take photo of their models. So I was there checking out some 2nd hand stuff as well. Saw a few FA20-35 F4 selling for about SGD490 before bargaining and other FA lenses like the 80-200 F2.8 :) Anyway I haven't met any local Pentaxians yet, now organising a meet up with a few non-locals this weekend.

Come la.. I got spare rooms if you wanna stay hehe.

Hey Art,

How is the performance for the 55-300mm for people shots? Thinking of getting for people shots outdoor and indoor.

Hey Art,

How is the performance for the 55-300mm for people shots? Thinking of getting for people shots outdoor and indoor.

Bro, iq wise no issue. But don't expect much from the AF performance in indoors. As others have mention here, the camera body does make a difference especially the K7.

Bro, iq wise no issue. But don't expect much from the AF performance in indoors. As others have mention here, the camera body does make a difference especially the K7.

Bro, I really like your current lens setup ... DA Ltds, with a consumer zoom to cater for the occasional tele opportunities.

This lens could well be a small gem for its price.
Reviews say its f4.5 up till 210mm and f5.6 up till 290mm. Not to mention its sharp up till 300mm (which most budget zooms of this range is not).
In other words its so close to a xx-200mm f4 lens for a low price.

I can't wait to get one to try out. ;p

Now cannot afford the K-7 leh . . .
;p

It is not always good to be early adoptors.;) With more users now, you can just sit back look at more comments of the camera and the photos posted from users and decide.:)

Last edited:
It is not always good to be early adoptors.;) With more users now, you can just sit back look at more comments of the camera and the photos posted from users and decide.:)

If everybody thinks the same way, then nobody will try first!
You should be trying to convince everyone else to try first then you can try later.

If everybody thinks the same way, then nobody will try first!
You should be trying to convince everyone else to try first then you can try later.

True.:bsmilie:

I'm bad at convince. Shall let others do the convince.:bsmilie:

guys, my 2 cents worth since getting it. It's actually faster on the k-m than on the k-20d. And it's defintely NOT faster than the primes you own or the f2.8 pentax zoom lenses I used to own.

guys, my 2 cents worth since getting it. It's actually faster on the k-m than on the k-20d. And it's defintely NOT faster than the primes you own or the f2.8 pentax zoom lenses I used to own.

got your k-7 yet? :D

That is NOT hard to believe. There has been many reports on this.

That is NOT hard to believe. There has been many reports on this.

It's just as expected when I decided to get it.

got your k-7 yet? :D
Aiya, I still cannot make up my mind if I should take the plunge. The k20d is already a very good camera.

useful lens for traveling... :)
Indeed. I chose this over the 50-200WR for a travel lens (because of the additional reach).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.