50mm Prime f1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I got the DA40, I have not had the reason to use thr 50 1.4 so had considered letting it go (Its "Made in Japan") but after reading all the posts here, I think I'd better hold on to it! It did give me some good times in the past and hey, maybe I will need that f/1.4 later.:)

Can anyone recommend a shop to find this lens?

I got a reply from MS Color, Florence. They have it.

Florence Goh
M S Color
Blk 711 #01-3501C AMK Central (opp AMK MRT)

Tel: 64576380 / 97481998

I got a reply from MS Color, Florence. They have it.

Florence Goh
M S Color
Blk 711 #01-3501C AMK Central (opp AMK MRT)

Tel: 64576380 / 97481998
Cool. How much were you quoted? Still Made in Japan?

Cool. How much were you quoted? Still Made in Japan?

Yeah, I was there this afternoon. They got two copies, $340 each. You probably can get it cheaper if you get a quote before you go :) They have quite some DA lenses, and at least 5 K20D cameras at $1799 each.

As far as I know, all FA50 are made in Japan so far. Guess I was wrong :(

Last edited:
Yeah, I was there this afternoon. They got two copies, $340 each. You probably can get it cheaper if you get a quote before you go :) They have quite some DA lenses, and at least 5 K20D cameras at $1799 each.

As far as I know, all FA50 are made in Japan so far.
340 is still a very good price. OP was like selling them at 350 sometime ago (grey set). Used my FA 50 recently. It's a wonderful lens.

Can't remember how much they quoted. But I know it's more expensive than in Malaysia.
I got quoted from Tarita, RM750, with Hoya UV filter. But they are out of stock at the moment.

Maybe I should have said Assembled in Vietnam :)

Anyway, here are some photos as requested. The packing box, manual also reference to Vietnam. Better buy up all those japan made lens before it's too late :D

FA50_2A.jpg

FA50_3A.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info. First time seeing an FA lenses assembled in Vietnam, and first time seeing Hoya Corp on a Pentax package too :cool:

Last edited:
I got mine made in japan..
Any difference?
Anyone heard issue from vietnamese made one? (or japanese made perhaps?) :)

The only gripe with the FA50 is the rear lens cap which falls off easily. I finally had them replaced with the Pentax rear lens cap B. Hard to find stuff.

Has anyone ever tried using a Raynox DCR-250 with this lens?
Does it work well?

Has anyone ever tried using a Raynox DCR-250 with this lens?
Does it work well?

Note that the filter diameter for FA 50mm is 49mm. The universal mounting adaptor for Raynox DCR-250 fits thread 52-67mm. To mount the Raynox DCR-250 to FA50mm, one way is to get a step up ring 49mm-52mm to fit.

Note that the filter diameter for FA 50mm is 49mm. The universal mounting adaptor for Raynox DCR-250 fits thread 52-67mm. To mount the Raynox DCR-250 to FA50mm, one way is to get a step up ring 49mm-52mm to fit.

Ok, thinking of trying it, but not sure how well it will work out.
Getting this should work? http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?products_id=231

took 2 quick shots for your reference...

FA 50mm set at minimum focusing distance 0.45m.

IMGP5982.jpg

FA 50mm set at minimum focusing distance 0.45m with Raynox DCR-250.

IMGP5979.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.