50mm f/1.8

IMO it's rather 'hollow' feeling as the entire external lens assembly is made of plastic, including the mount. But it's the lightest Canon lens u can find to date.

a great lens to travel but the rarest find will be the metal mount 50f1.8!

Tink 2 weeks ago i bought this lens at t.k foto.selling 125. Bt coz short of cash n i use credit card, they give me 130

where can i buy cheaper and brand new 50mm f1.8 lens?
ive checked the price at Courts and they are selling it at $159. tia!

Don't ever buy from Courts, Harvey Norman and the lot - you can get it much cheaper from the dedicated photo shops like Cathay Photo or John 3:16.

those who are new to the 50 1.8, you will feel difference when you upgrade to the 1.4 !

MS colour amk 125 alex photo penisula 110

ive checked at cathay photo (marina sqr) and it cost 140.

i also wanna try to get the 1.4 otherwise, hope i can get enough budget :D

Was using 1.8 and few mths back got the 1.4 version, better built and better shots, albeit at a higher price

hi i about to get a 50mm soon as well. is sigma f1.4 sharper than canon f1.4.

Parasilk $121 include Gst

hi i about to get a 50mm soon as well. is sigma f1.4 sharper than canon f1.4.

Sharper at wide apertures, although the Canon has the slight edge in corner sharpness f8 and above.

Sigma has better bokeh than canon and is more contrasty(this would be up to personal preference.)

For me it was no contest to get the Sigma.

those who are new to the 50 1.8, you will feel difference when you upgrade to the 1.4 !

I used to have 50/1.8,after that sold mine and get a 50/1.4,
for the extra 400 bucks,I don't think it worth the price.
at last,I sold my 50/1.4 as well and get myself another 50/1.8.

BTW,I am nikon user now,haha.

dc01572 said:
I used to have 50/1.8,after that sold mine and get a 50/1.4,
for the extra 400 bucks,I don't think it worth the price.
at last,I sold my 50/1.4 as well and get myself another 50/1.8.

BTW,I am nikon user now,haha.

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of the change from 1.8 to 1.4 as well... But I think I better keep the money for other prime then.

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of the change from 1.8 to 1.4 as well... But I think I better keep the money for other prime then.

Just get what u need and if u need a better 50mm, the f/1.4 version is a gd choice.

that's just my opinion,may be the f/1.4 suit you.
there are no BEST lens,but there are MOST SUITABLE lens.
the pricing and value for money of f/1.8 suit me,that's why :bsmile:

i went to vivo to test out the lens liao...

i am now more sided to F1.8

when it's AF, both is ard the same speed. the only diff is the sound lo... and the built... no point spending another 400 for better built and better sound...

As a Canon user if I am getting a 50F1.4 lens, I would go for the Sigma instead of the Canon's... else just use 50F1.8 or go 50F1.2 instead.