50mm F 1.8 reverse macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

corneliustoh

Dec 16, 2008
Changi
hi all. just wondering if anyone can or knows somebody who can help me fix this set up?

if im not wrong i would require a:

cover cap for the camera body
filter of same diameter as 50mm 1.8 lens
some glue or stuff
and alot alot of tedious work

so anyone willing to do the dirty work? i suck at this sort of stuff and would hope
someone could do it.

A suggestion.

Get a reverse lens adapter.
Mount the adapter on the camera.
Mount the lens on the adapter.
Done.

Yes. and the reverse mount adaptor is not very expensive as well...this is the last thing i want to diy.

Agree with Limsgp. Getting the reverse lens adapter will save u a lot of trouble.

i've done reverse macro a couple of times till i switched to the sigma 30mm f/1.4.

basically, i mount my tamron 17-50 onto my camera. then i open both front & rear lens cap of the 50mm f/1.8. i place the front of the 50mm onto the filter of my tamron. basically thats the set up.

i then switched to Manual focusing on my tamron and then i start shooting.

i hope i'm explaining the correct thing:)

2799336282_75860fcd9d.jpg

the set up was done with a 400D, tamron 28-75 and the 50mm f/1.8 i think...

i did 18-105mm mounted and reverse 50mm f1.8 but no luck :(

i can only see a small hole with vignettes all around, cant focus, cant take pic
any help? do i have to use manual setting? and manual focus on my 18-105 lens?? thx

i did 18-105mm mounted and reverse 50mm f1.8 but no luck :(

i can only see a small hole with vignettes all around, cant focus, cant take pic
any help? do i have to use manual setting? and manual focus on my 18-105 lens?? thx

the range which the lens can focus will be limited.
try switch to manual focus, then adjust ur focus to the furthest focasable point on your 18-105 lens, then try to find the area of focus by moving back and forth.
best is put ur finger infront of the lens and slowly go further away.

2cents.
hope it helps.

here's a 100mm + reverse 50mm
SGD $10 :)

3507430581_71891237c5_o.jpg

the range which the lens can focus will be limited.
try switch to manual focus, then adjust ur focus to the furthest focasable point on your 18-105 lens, then try to find the area of focus by moving back and forth.
best is put ur finger infront of the lens and slowly go further away.

2cents.
hope it helps.

here's a 100mm + reverse 50mm
SGD $10 :)

3507430581_71891237c5_o.jpg

Wow, excellent quality. Mine doesn't match as well. :(
IMG_4891.jpg

<Using Macro Conversion Lens, EXIF intact>

Is that plastic money or paper money?

i've done reverse macro a couple of times till i switched to the sigma 30mm f/1.4.

basically, i mount my tamron 17-50 onto my camera. then i open both front & rear lens cap of the 50mm f/1.8. i place the front of the 50mm onto the filter of my tamron. basically thats the set up.

i then switched to Manual focusing on my tamron and then i start shooting.

i hope i'm explaining the correct thing:)

the set up was done with a 400D, tamron 28-75 and the 50mm f/1.8 i think...

i was abt to try it out, then i realised that 17-50 has filter size 67mm, 50mmf1.8 has diameter 52mm... how did u mount them together? did i missed out something?

You need an additional step up/down ring or get the adapter that matches both lens diameter.

i was abt to try it out, then i realised that 17-50 has filter size 67mm, 50mmf1.8 has diameter 52mm... how did u mount them together? did i missed out something?

My take ;)

50mm_lens_test_copy.jpg

Not well composed but it shows the magnification that can be achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.