4th Canon Photo Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my lousy shots . Some vignette and colour shift was created intentionally. (only added watermark to post online , none of the images are ps )

Faces
faces01.jpg

this shot is very well done! shows careful selection of lighting.

Power:Simply Red
powersimplyred.jpg

Though i did not stay till announcement, this shot deserves a prize!

thanks for the appreciation... sadly none of my entries win anything

Congrats to all winner... and thanks for all who shared their works in here.
This is my 1st time for competition... and these are my newbie shots:

#1 Faces
Theme1.jpg

#2 Power: Simply Red
Theme2.jpg

#3 A Slice of History
Theme3.jpg

#4 Darkness
Theme4.jpg

My other 2 rejects:

006.jpg

Liked the one above but I think it is too much like a posed candid shot. So use the one below.

005.jpg

No inspiration for theme 3. My mind is thinking about the Leica M8. So just submit the one below.

007.jpg

Taking posters or alike with out additional objects can be considered 'photocopy'...sian, what happened to the 'Darkness' winner, too paiseh to take price because he took a poster is it?
i think you r talking bout my pic cos it happen to be the 'Darkness' winner, i hav nothing to be paiseh about but just wondering wat you talking??? :dunno: well, in case you dont know.. there's no poster nor any printed material photographed in it...

:sweatsm: it's kinda of funny.. if my pic looks like as if shooting at a 'poster'... ?? but i do agree, those 'photocopies' are... :nono:

To me, it will be a complement if people suspect and say that my photo is not real. :)

My other 2 rejects:

Liked the one above but I think it is too much like a posed candid shot. So use the one below.

005.jpg

No inspiration for theme 3. My mind is thinking about the Leica M8. So just submit the one below.

007.jpg

I think all 4 of your submissions are great :thumbsup:

The best of show winner is chosen from the top 40 based on all 4 submissions (according to today's Digital Life), and since u have 2 pics in the top 40, you stand a good chance too.

For the 2nd shot, the condom seller at desker rd actually come over to say 'hello'. Scary man! pretended to take the shadows in the foreground and then run away!

lol.. so wat did he ask? ... TFCD? .. (time for con dom) :bsmilie:

Condom over his lens? :)

he is sure not happy with me taking pictures with him inside the picture lor...

why don't u guys try taking pictures in Desker Rd and Geylang and see wat's the outcome.
I think this industry is 'well orgainised'.

u guys try and see if u can live to post in CS later to tell the tale :devil:

Hey, how come my name not in the Best of SHow shortlisted list? I am in top 10 for Power: Simply Red and submitted in all 4 themes already what. :(

If any bro happen to be at these locations
1) 20th October 2006 - 02nd November 2006 @ Funan DigitaLife Mall, Level 1 Atrium
2) 03rd November 2006 - 16th November 2006 @ Suntec City, Tropics Level 2 e-life@suntec

can please help me check if my 4 pictures are on display? Thanks.

Some of you may remember this picture from that day, help me keep a lookout. Thanks.

Power_Simply_RED.jpg

Congratulations to all the shortlisted and winners! :D
This was my first time at the marathon and now i realised the judges are looking for shots that has the potential to b published on the newpapers and not any other creative shots, now i remembered that they mentioned they r looking for 'story' telling entry :)
So beside fitting into the theme, it must also tell a 'story' too..hehe

My entries that did not get shortlisted :cool:

Entry 1 Theme : "FACES"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilson_low/269343956/

Entry 2 Theme : "POWER : SIMPLY RED"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilson_low/269352545/

Entry 3 Theme : "A SLICE OF HISTORY"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilson_low/269355578/

Entry 4 Theme : "DARKNESS"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilson_low/269362394/

Hey, how come my name not in the Best of SHow shortlisted list? I am in top 10 for Power: Simply Red and submitted in all 4 themes already what. :(

If any bro happen to be at these locations
1) 20th October 2006 - 02nd November 2006 @ Funan DigitaLife Mall, Level 1 Atrium
2) 03rd November 2006 - 16th November 2006 @ Suntec City, Tropics Level 2 e-life@suntec

can please help me check if my 4 pictures are on display? Thanks.

Some of you may remember this picture from that day, help me keep a lookout. Thanks.

Power_Simply_RED.jpg

Only this is on display
Power_Simply_RED.jpg

not the rest three.

u guys attending the event next sat to give out the grand prize?

Read in today's digital life that weekh won. Congrats! :)

Think I hv said that it doesn't matter what camera master wee use, very true indeed..

佩服佩服!! :thumbsup:

Congrats weekh! So that's why u got it free. I am simply amazed by the desker rd shot man. Ur eye is simply amazing...

Read in today's digital life that weekh won. Congrats! :)

Think I hv said that it doesn't matter what camera master wee use, very true indeed..

佩服佩服!! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

But I've to disagree with you. The R1 does help in getting the shots that I want.

The reflection would be impossible if it use a conventional DSLR. I would have to lie flat on the ground. And the 1Ds powergrip would have raised the level of viewpoint higher, thus unable to obtain the perfection half-half reflection. And composing is also be a problem. I would have to lie flat on the ground and the security guard would have forbidden me in the first place.

And for the night shot, it is also taken from a low angle. Would have to lie flat on ground also with a DSLR. Using the wasit level finder, the condom seller knew I was there but didn't know that I was taking the shot. He only knew when people start standing behind me to look at my LCD.
The low lighting, handheld shot also requires high ISO. This the only digicam with big APS sensor that gives good clean shots at ISO 800.

weekh, once again congratulations. your consistency in the 4 photos taken is commendable; right place, right place and right moment. truly deserving best of show :thumbsup:

and so my guess in our little conversation is right that the mail sent by canon do notify recipients of their standing. indeed excellent win weekh :thumbsup: Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.