4th Canon Photo Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a lucky shot of mine that seem to fit into ... "Faces", "Powerful: Simply Red", "A Slice of History" & "Darkness"

Faces-LeiNajwifwatermark640.jpg

yah hor... fits into all themes.... then u win grand prize liao! :thumbsup:

Just a lucky shot of mine that seem to fit into ... "Faces", "Powerful: Simply Red", "A Slice of History" & "Darkness"

was :bigeyes: when 1st saw this, where u took it?

Here's mine for theme 4

p791284151-3.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it turned out

Some of my lousy shots . Some vignette and colour shift was created intentionally. (only added watermark to post online , none of the images are ps )

Faces
faces01.jpg

this shot is very well done! shows careful selection of lighting.

Power:Simply Red
powersimplyred.jpg

Though i did not stay till announcement, this shot deserves a prize!

whaaa... you can go back to the same place everytime they read out a new assignment.. :bsmilie:

First time taking part in the photomarathon, it was really quite a tough challenge. You need not only skills but also a bit of luck I supposed. For me, I was either not thinking at all or thinking too hard at interpreting the themes. In the end, I think the winning shots were not only simple, but also effective in conveying the themes. My guess is that the judges were looking out for the most striking pictures at first glance, especially when they have to go through so many entries in such a short time. Anyway, maybe I will try again next year.
Here were my submitted shots.

0113.jpg

0217.jpg

0310.jpg

047.jpg

I am very impressed with many of the shots that I have seen in here. I might not have done any better myself than some of you despite being a professional photographer.

My respect to those who have taken part in this competition and don't lose heart. Sometimes it is just the matter of pleasing the panel of judges, more than your style of photography. They say creative, but honestly, there is always the catch "personal preferences".

And size/types of cameras don't mean anything. In fact, some PnS, or prosumer cameras can take some really wicked pictures! So keep working on the skills and composition.

Thanks for those who have taken part and shared your images.

Yup.. .well said.:)

Next year, we will have a go at it again for sure...

This year can't please them, next year try harder.. Hahahaha...

hmmm.... Wonder what else he expects... Free 1D?:)

Bro DT already mentioned how he took the pic. i feel that its a nice concept nicely executed. I think we should not put ppl down.

Congrats to all winners and finalist. Thanks to all for sharing your entries.

I like this contest cause it's about photography and not about equipment.

My 0 creativity shots. :embrass:

#1 Faces
DSC06488-vi.jpg

#2 Power: Simply Red
DSC06537-vi.jpg

#3 A Slice of History
DSC06568-vi.jpg

#4 Darkness
DSC06582-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.