3rd Party Lens Hood Options for Pentax DAL Lenses (18-55, 50-200, 55-300)

just 1 week before this thread start, i itch hand go china TB to search for the DAL 55-300mm hood... see the 3rd party one going as low as RMB 50+... but i scare cannot fit and may be cheater... so i ask my friend help me buy the next cheapest 3rd party one which is RMB 128(~S$25)...

then when i see this thread... yes... i am over paid and have to wait for a month to reach me... so no choice, as my friend order already...

yesterday i go meet him for dinner, then go his house and collect...
then i notice the RMB 128 is worth it....
looks like it is MITW pentax hood
it fit in well... and it is cheaper than my 3rd party 18-55mm hood!!!

at least it has pentax wording :D

hows the quality?

at least it has pentax wording :D

hows the quality?

i don't feel that it is 3rd party even...
very fit...
also on the box, it have a sticker, can call to Pentax to confirm it is orig... but of cos i don't brother to call as just $25 item...:bsmilie:

Moonlightsg, that's the original Pentax hood that you bought. Product and packaging looks like the real thing.

just 1 week before this thread start, i itch hand go china TB to search for the DAL 55-300mm hood... see the 3rd party one going as low as RMB 50+... but i scare cannot fit and may be cheater... so i ask my friend help me buy the next cheapest 3rd party one which is RMB 128(~S$25)...

then when i see this thread... yes... i am over paid and have to wait for a month to reach me... so no choice, as my friend order already...

yesterday i go meet him for dinner, then go his house and collect...
then i notice the RMB 128 is worth it....
looks like it is MITW pentax hood
it fit in well... and it is cheaper than my 3rd party 18-55mm hood!!!

bis2fd.jpg

This IS a Pentax original hood, not a third party one.

Anyone knows if the Manly store at temple st has gotten their stock? i've wait almost 1 month already... went down to reserve. They told me once the stock in will call.. but yet to receive their call :(

Anyone knows if the Manly store at temple st has gotten their stock? i've wait almost 1 month already... went down to reserve. They told me once the stock in will call.. but yet to receive their call :(

Should be in by now. Why not give them a call to find out?

i remember someone mentioned it's in stock already. call them

Wah,then is luck that get the orig hood

i remember someone mentioned it's in stock already. call them

Just call them a couple of minutes ago, stock maybe coming in by this Friday, so very likely this weekend for those that left their contact no. with Manly can come down and collect. However, please call once again before going down to confirm as the gentleman to whom I spoke to say "maybe" but good chance, so do your due dillegence.

stock is already in at manly... will be going down to collect later :)

Yeah, the stock is in Manly. I'm going to collect some accessories today :)

BTW, they'd give special price for CSers ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, the stock is in Manly. I'm going to collect some accessories today :)

BTW, they'd give special price for CSers ;)

need verification? :angel:

Last edited:
Finally got the hood after few weeks of waiting...
I have reserved it earlier on....and got it at a price of $14...
:D

I also paid $14 from Manly.

Where can I purchase a good quality third party hood for my FA 50 f/1.4?